[2.0] The Runewords Overhaul

Game news and forum updates
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:The release date will be revealed soon :)

Excuse me sir, but I can only get this erect.
Makrel
Prowler
15 | 5
Can't wait to try it !!! Very exciting change in my opinion!
Haskell
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
You need to keep more runes, so you need more stash space. If we got shared stash, it's actually a good change. Less focus on base item, more focus on runes. Good!
Tristus
Fallen
1 | 0
I also felt that most RWs were underwhelming, especially mid-game runewords are useless. E.g. Between Pax Mystica (level 13) and Elverfolk (level 100) there is nothing that any sorc would consider and even than most of the time you would prefer a TU instead of Elverfolk. So after level 20 the runes are not worth much until you get to end game content. (and the runes that you want there are much different) hopefully new RWs will also fix that problem.
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
Now that's a good change, should help some build that to too reliant on SSU to work I hope.

But I wonder if there will be a gem or rune storage recipe just like arcane cluster or shrine with oil of craft. At least for gems
tunsek
Core Lord
352 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Nice stuff
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tristus wrote:I also felt that most RWs were underwhelming, especially mid-game runewords are useless. E.g. Between Pax Mystica (level 13) and Elverfolk (level 100) there is nothing that any sorc would consider and even than most of the time you would prefer a TU instead of Elverfolk. So after level 20 the runes are not worth much until you get to end game content. (and the runes that you want there are much different) hopefully new RWs will also fix that problem.

I fully agree. The current runewords between level 15 and level ~ 80 are usually worse in case of stats than the normal TU's. Only the Xis-enhanced runewords can make a change after that, but that doesn't change the fact that most runewods between 15 and 80 have no use with some few exceptions.
tunsek
Core Lord
352 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Totem necro god))) ty
Edited by tunsek 2 years.
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
Btw since the renewal oil is limited to one time use and the base superior roll with lowest socket number, that item will be totally useless then. Making rare drop base item like Gilded Shield or Setzchild a real gamble. Unless there is a way to add extra socket on an already 1-3 socket items.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
it's not specify if u can use oil of renewal > oil of enhance > oil of renewal again...
it would be nice if any1 from ptr could confirm or negate this possibility :
rare sacred boot > oil of renewal > 2sox > (oil of enhance > random magic > oil of renewal)