Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
They obviously don't work as in clod, because you can insert jewels before the runes.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1218 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
blatkill wrote:No. RW works like Vanilla D2

did you even read OP

Marco wrote:
  • Jewels:
    • Can still be used as fillers prior to inserting the runes
    • Since runewords will use multiple runes, this naturally means less time crafting jewels
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
Enigma wrote:From you mentioning jewels in RW's does this mean that a runeword that requires 4 runes (minefield for example in 2.0) could still be put in a 6 socketed base after 2 jewels? or are runewords only fitting in specific socket numbers like in Clod?

Edit* Upon rereading the initial post it seems as though this is the case; I must have just missed it the first time around. Love the rework btw, very keen to see the results of your's+others' hard work :)

Sure always take maximum sockets for runewords :
By example, a single rune needed will be stronger with 5jewels then a rune.

You can put those for more health (craftable with 2AC+jewel+oil of enhancement) or good caster one.
Sinon228
Fallen
1 | 0
Don't know about others, but i feel like it will make it even worse/make no change at all, because a) if oil of renewal will be limited to 1 per item then it will just force you to grind/buy even more items to roll it again, which will force you to grind for more gold, b) the disability to unsocket runes will force you to grind for more runes and it'll turn out the same thing, c) removal of xis rune isn't good too, because now you'll need to find those upgraded runes like the low-tier ones and it can take even longer because of RNG and with xis rune you have the ability to just upgrade/downgrade the exact rune you need to make xis-X one. So i think these changes make no sense. It's different, but it's still the same amount of grinding. Maybe i'm wrong, can't be sure 100%.
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
New runewords gonna be harder to create in majority.
Devs also said RNG gonna be lowered so creating a good Natasha's Legacy could be easier.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
godoffails wrote:New runewords gonna be harder to create in majority.
Devs also said RNG gonna be lowered so creating a good Natasha's Legacy could be easier.

Better not be so optimistic about Natasha. We will see :)
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

If Natasha is now 6 XOD, it's the same as remove it from the game :mrgreen:
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
godoffails wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

If Natasha is now 6 XOD, it's the same as remove it from the game :mrgreen:

AFAK, the RNG for Natasha in 2.0 is still big, and still, it is not cheap to make one :mrgreen:
So, better hope for good luck, or just buy one on the market :mrgreen:
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Sinon228 wrote:Don't know about others, but i feel like it will make it even worse/make no change at all, because a) if oil of renewal will be limited to 1 per item then it will just force you to grind/buy even more items to roll it again, which will force you to grind for more gold, b) the disability to unsocket runes will force you to grind for more runes and it'll turn out the same thing, c) removal of xis rune isn't good too, because now you'll need to find those upgraded runes like the low-tier ones and it can take even longer because of RNG and with xis rune you have the ability to just upgrade/downgrade the exact rune you need to make xis-X one. So i think these changes make no sense. It's different, but it's still the same amount of grinding. Maybe i'm wrong, can't be sure 100%.

Oil of renewal will automatically make an ideal (or semi ideal) item for runewords. IDK why you would want to have more of the base item.
Removal of Xis is good because it adds different weights to different upgraded runes. Will allow for power curve instead of trying to equalize 200 recipes in power, because they all use same level runes (Xis + whatever).
Would be better if 2 zods would have NOT made Ol rune, so that uptiering new and old runes would have been completely separate, but oh well. It's devs who decided that, so there's probably a reason for it.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Good change - as long as Zod isn't as rare as it was in d2 lod.

EDIT: I didn't see if you can still cube one rune and downgrade it? If so, do you get 1 lower rune or 2? If it's only 1 it could be an expensive mistake!