Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Y’all need to look at the positives…. One of the great things about the VLOD economy was the HR-backed currency. Nothing got my 9yo heart thumping like a major HR trade back in the day. Obviously bots came and folded the market but that system of trade was akin to actual bartering and might work nicely in tandem with TG.

More flavor is a good thing and, as it stands, runes lack substance. Even great runes are a dime a dozen. It will be nice to get excited at a rune drop again. My only hope is that some classes aren’t more reliant on runewords than others. That might cause issues, especially for early season.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The other thing is that the documentation tends to take a few days to get released after a patch. With all these changes to rws I hope they're planning to get the docs out with the patch - preferably with the patch notes.

Otherwise, how are players supposed to know what the new runewords are? We'll be flying blind. All the low-level rws will be gone and we will just be guessing what might be a rw.
Marrt
Djinn
510 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:The other thing is that the documentation tends to take a few days to get released after a patch. With all these changes to rws I hope they're planning to get the docs out with the patch - preferably with the patch notes.

Otherwise, how are players supposed to know what the new runewords are? We'll be flying blind. All the low-level rws will be gone and we will just be guessing what might be a rw.

We had docs for the beta, so they will probably be available when patch notes arrive or before the launch.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 47
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Edited by magz_ 2 years.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1218 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
magz_ wrote:This was an extremely bad idea. I'm unsure what you guys were thinking. Oils being nerfed is a big slap in the face for no reason, and the e runes being world drop is horrible.

:lol:

Oils that get you superior + lucky bonus first time and max sockets instead of spamming 60 times for a decent roll, classic "nerf"

Not being able to downgrade runes kind of sucks but Ol-Xod being world drop is the same as now with Sha-On runes, just more and with different stats... it's not all good or all bad.

Captcha wrote:The other thing is that the documentation tends to take a few days to get released after a patch. With all these changes to rws I hope they're planning to get the docs out with the patch - preferably with the patch notes.

haven't docs been 2 days before patch ever since sigma started, or am I just forgetting...?
Edited by Siosilvar 2 years.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:haven't docs been 2 days before patch ever since sigma started, or am I just forgetting...?

Patch notes 2 days before, docs were after release.

But it's been a while since I needed to check the docs on day one of a patch, so they may have got faster, dunno. With all these changes to rws etc I'd be looking there early on to see what levelling rws there are now.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1218 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Captcha wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:haven't docs been 2 days before patch ever since sigma started, or am I just forgetting...?

Patch notes 2 days before, docs were after release.

But it's been a while since I needed to check the docs on day one of a patch, so they may have got faster, dunno. With all these changes to rws etc I'd be looking there early on to see what levelling rws there are now.

Ahh okay, I see what you mean now. Yeah I hope we get the full docs updated today too, or at least day 1 right before launch
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I have browsed through new runeword list just now. Honestly felt disapointed overall.
Reason - huge lvl gaps between most of the item types (few exeptions like gloves, body or staves) and it gives no option between lvls 1x up to 7x. Is it expected just to use low lvl runewords and get to act 3 > farm Mephisto for arcane shards and abandone runewords up to end of nighmare ?
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Pretty much. No point in overlapping as it just creates more items competing at the same progression level of which only 1 will be best and rest will be useless.

So RWs are mostly for: pre TUs, between TU and obtaining your set/SUs, replacements for SUs for builds which didn't have any.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1437 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Why was rune downgrading removed?