[2.0] The Runewords Overhaul

Game news and forum updates
Itchy_
Banned
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
meh point taken i was a little harsh, but no i didnt say it was all bad i'll give credit where credit is due, sigma looks and plays much better than ultimative they did good things with reducing useless items and what not but you completely missed the point of my posts. granted that was probably my fault cause i got a little carried away and went on a rant but anyway its whatever
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Wait for the beta changelog, I'm sure it will give you more ammunition. :mrgreen:

Not everything is great, but we try to improve things over time, and change them. We can't keep everything the same, it gets stale, so then people get restless.

So you have a situation where:
a) people complain if there's change
and
b) people complain if there's no change

and we have to tread the line between those, while trying to balance, listen to feedback, introduce good changes, and do a little for all types of players - which isn't trivial.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
We dont mind 2.0 is not very well polished, just release the current version 2.0 and reset the ladder.
1.8 season is too long and dead with goblin abuse and relic abuse.
We have been waiting so long. Why not just release the 2.0 and polish it along with ladder going? We dont care about ama!
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:We dont mind 2.0 is not very well polished, just release the current version 2.0 and reset the ladder.
We have been waiting so long. Why not just release the 2.0 and polish it along with ladder going? We dont care about ama!

If the community will rush them, you will have same case as Cyberpunk 2077 - unpolished game with many bugs and low playability. I can assure you that if shared stash isn't polished, items will dissapear and community will cry "why did they release 2.0 when it's so buggy and unpolished". I think you can tell the rest yourself
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
masochista wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:We dont mind 2.0 is not very well polished, just release the current version 2.0 and reset the ladder.

If the community will rush them, you will have same case as Cyberpunk 2077 - unpolished game with many bugs and low playability. I can assure you that if shared stash isn't polished, items will dissapear and community will cry "why did they release 2.0 when it's so buggy and unpolished". I think you can tell the rest yourself

I understand ur worries. I can assure u that shared stash will 100% not be in 2.0, which is comfirmed by devs, due to some serious bugs. But we are used to playing without shared stash, it is OK.

And the current 2.0 version in beta testing is quite polished by now without ama being released.

So, it is OK to release the current 2.0 version and polish it further along with 2.0 ladder going.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Quirinus wrote:Wait for the beta changelog, I'm sure it will give you more ammunition. :mrgreen:

Not everything is great, but we try to improve things over time, and change them. We can't keep everything the same, it gets stale, so then people get restless.

So you have a situation where:
a) people complain if there's change
and
b) people complain if there's no change

and we have to tread the line between those, while trying to balance, listen to feedback, introduce good changes, and do a little for all types of players - which isn't trivial.

No worries you're doing a good job listening to feedback already :D I mean, I've asked for a runeword rework over a year ago, and despite how selfish that demand was of me and how much work it takes to invent new runewords and change all of them, you guys took up that task and did it just like that!

I think so far you did a really good job at balancing pros and cons to improve the game. If you continue your approach to working on median, I'm sure this playerbase will eventually expand. I just really hope you can find the time to put together a reveal trailer for 2.0 to gain more attention from old players. If you need any help with that, I'd proudly help you out btw!
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Have trust in the dev, really.

If you don't like something about the game, give feedback and explain why.

I once suggested give Pax Mysthica runeword +1 to Blink skill instead of 20 charges (maybe other also did - go back to town just to repair Blink charge is not fun). You know what, next patch, it is there!

If your suggestions are good, they will listen (but whether changes will be implemented or not is another thing).
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Good point , ofc its abuse this is not even normal game , everyone suddenly becomes pro or they think so because 70 relic gear.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
morphed wrote:

Good point , ofc its abuse this is not even normal game , everyone suddenly becomes pro or they think so because 70 relic gear.

Just get enough Psionic Storm relics and destroy everything! :mrgreen:
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
But still, will info on outdated runewords and items remain somewhere in case I want to go back to 1.8?