1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
whist wrote:To clarify a couple things:

2) Single player will feature extended and shared stash, multiplayer will not. An attempt at implementing it in multiplayer was done, but it had issues and we had to remove it for the time being. There will be other attempts in future versions.

Good attempt. No shared stash is OK, we are used to it. So I guess this means there wont be multi-paged stash for multiplayers in 2.0 either?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Captcha wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:
Captcha wrote:In the past I suggested guilds would be a good thing to implement, that way players can team up. If not easy in the game code or the battle.net equivalent then maybe via the web site.

Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with MXL as a mod, but with the software that keeps the servers running, pvpgn. The team doesn't have any influence on that, they just use that software. So unless that software is updated, there's no chance for guilds or clans to be properly implemented in the game.

There were 3 possibilities in the short message you quoted - game code, b.net servers and web site.

I think you'll find that the dev team do have "influence" over the multiplayer code. They're paying the bill after all. And it doesn't look like b.net by accident.

Look... before posting that comment I extensively searched the forum. I'd suggest you read the entire forum post I linked below, then click on the Github link and look that the topic on github is still "low priority" since no work has been done regarding clans. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19179&p=169103&hilit=pvpgn#p169103

And PVPGN is free. So no, they don't pay anything for the server software.
magashiro
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
is it possible to get the patch notes like a few days before? because there are a lot of changes... (and congrats, team!!)
gunnzan
Destroyer
7 | 1
whist wrote:To clarify a couple things:

1) No in-game loot filter implemented, d2stats will continue to be the solution for the time being.

2) Single player will feature extended and shared stash, multiplayer will not. An attempt at implementing it in multiplayer was done, but it had issues and we had to remove it for the time being. There will be other attempts in future versions.

Thanks a lot!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Usually patch notes revealed 2-3 days prior to release
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ParticuLarry wrote:
Captcha wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:
Captcha wrote:In the past I suggested guilds would be a good thing to implement, that way players can team up. If not easy in the game code or the battle.net equivalent then maybe via the web site.

Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with MXL as a mod, but with the software that keeps the servers running, pvpgn. The team doesn't have any influence on that, they just use that software. So unless that software is updated, there's no chance for guilds or clans to be properly implemented in the game.

There were 3 possibilities in the short message you quoted - game code, b.net servers and web site.

I think you'll find that the dev team do have "influence" over the multiplayer code. They're paying the bill after all. And it doesn't look like b.net by accident.

Look... before posting that comment I extensively searched the forum. I'd suggest you read the entire forum post I linked below, then click on the Github link and look that the topic on github is still "low priority" since no work has been done regarding clans. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19179&p=169103&hilit=pvpgn#p169103

You do a great line in continually missing the point. I'm afraid I have no more time for this.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Captcha wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:
Captcha wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:

You do a great line in continually missing the point. I'm afraid I have no more time for this.

I linked you to the confirmation of aahz that clan support can only be implemented via Pvpgn. It doesn't work via the gamecode. So these 2 options are already out since they can't work on either of that for clan support. Then you talk about websites. What you mean by that - I have no idea since you didn't explain anything at all.

"Teaming up via the website" could mean 1) That you have a specific web browser window where people can join games of the other clan individuals, which would be a bad implementation since that would require you to have yet another tab open while playing the game, which is counterintuitive for anything the team works towards. They want less focus on the website and they want the players to spend more time inside the game. 2) That clan mates just team up so their TG in the forum is there for the collective. That could probably be done since the website only reads data from the server. 3) That clan mates have their clan tag in their forum. That could also be possible, but really... what's the use as long as the /clan commands don't work in the game?

So yeah, it would be nice if you explained to me what you meant by teaming up via the website. If you have already written it up somewhere, you can also link me to that forum post.
getsc
Skeleton
2 | 0
POG!
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
I noticed mention of shortcuts.

I dunno if I missed that question anywhere, so I'll ask again to be sure:
Any new shortcuts, like ability to map right/left click as a separate hotkey? Would help us touchpad people a lot!
felixcatto
Cultist
23 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
SteelWings wrote:I noticed mention of shortcuts.

I dunno if I missed that question anywhere, so I'll ask again to be sure:
Any new shortcuts, like ability to map right/left click as a separate hotkey? Would help us touchpad people a lot!

This should be trivial using autohotkey program.