Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
In-game loot filter is not mentioned anywhere and would probably be a lot of work to implement. D2stats will continue to be used for loot filter and does its job good enough imo.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:Lololol holy shit that was literally one of THE BEST video game trailers I have ever seen, legit! And for a mod, goddamn you guys went all fucking out for this one! Who was in charge of making the trailer? They did an excellent job! So much hype!!

Imho the Sigma trailer from 2019 was better. 1) I didn't like the music choice. (yeah, that's just my personal opinion) 2) the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds are pretty much wasted, so the actual trailer is "just" 1 minute long. 3) Most things that were mentioned could've used a little more attention. A little more visibility for example for the gamble refresh button, colorblind mode, rune clusters and so on would've probably been better instead of just mentioning it in a text that changes twice a second, where you have to manually slow down to read about all the new things.

There are a couple of minor things (like at 0:35 the "1.8" could've been more visible, same with the 2.0 a few seconds later). But aside from those few things, I agree with you. The cuts are really well made and in synch with the music, so those are definitely well done! The editing skills have definitely improved from the 2019 trailer to now :D

Btw, the trailer was made by Marco (It was mentioned at 1:56)
Closure
Rust Claw
85 | 6
Loved the trailer, very excited for the new release! to all those mentioning about single player vs multiplayer etc please keep in mind without having realm play - you most likely wouldn't have the median you have today...
I play multiplayer and the only time I play public games is for starting off, then late game farming in public games due to every sever being so laggy for me other than australia (Joys of living in New Zealand) that's the reality of being able to play a game without division - yup we can use different servers but we all have the OPTION to play together/private instead of gateways like battlenet Asia, Uswest, Useast etc. We have it too good - all of this for FREE

HYPE TRAIN IS ON THE RAILS.
BigBKH
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
does 2.0 require a unique LoD cd key or is that just a legal thing?
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bljadzon wrote:While the post about "it always been everywhere" is kinda nonsensical, there is a reason to implement realm-only stuff.

First, people in SP cheat.
>"b-b-but I don't cheat"
You probably do, but it doesn't matter. It's many times simpler to cheat in SP compared to realm, as easy as marking a single file "Read-only" (anyone can do that). So, people playing realm, especially SSF realm, as a self-imposed challenge, need to be compensated. Basic feedback loop - there's much less incentive to do something in extra hard manner if you won't get anything from it (and some people still do it anyway).
Second, Goblins serves dual purpose - first they are being tested before they are implemented in 2.0 (as it seems like), second they are there to try to keep some interest in playing realm (which has gotten near-dead at this point) before the patch hits. The density of goblins is likely exaggerated many times from their actual density in 2.0 release, probably to evaluate the amount of imbalance they introduce, and to keep people actually interested so they will test it.

Haha. First of all no, i don't cheat. Ofc you have your own opinion that you're sure of, but there's no point playing and cheating. I alrdy told you about grinding, i would do that if i was cheating? Not everyone cheats, world looks different than you think.

Secondly, even if some ppl are cheating in SP, noone should care about that. I never heard Blizzard or any other company hunting people for cheating in SP. For example Warcraft 3 has even their own SP cheat commands. MP cheating - yes, should be 100% prohibited in any game, but if someone cheats in SP, he's only destroying his own game, he doesn't make any harm to other players. What they do in SP is their privacy.

Thirdly, goblins can be tested in SP too. It's not a reason to make them MP only. Why realm was near-dead? Lags, toxic people, all-time connection required and sometimes servers die too, happened to me when hell Baal had 10% HP (first time killing him with new char, so it took me a while) but then i got disconnected due to server failure. This is why ppl played SP. This is why i play SP too. SP gives you 100% stability.

Fourthly, MP players have free trading and all, it's alrdy compensated. They can play with other people, meet new people, make friends, other ppl can see their chars, their gear, their profiles, trade with everyone. It's really nice compensation. SP players are one man army.

And the last but not least - Median is not CLOD. It's completely different game. There are MP players and SP players and they should be treated equally. No, not every SP player cheats. And if someone do, it's his privacy, he doesn't do any harm to other people. When i played MP in january/february, MXL was a drop mod. Goblins everywhere and full of stuff. I think it's very unfair like that for SP players.

Last time i cheated in MXL was in 2010, when i wanted to test builds etc. Since then i realized playing the game and building a char is way more interesting than playing with cheated char. Yeah i didn't do any harm to people back then while cheating.
Edited by Bestendigo 2 years.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bestendigo wrote:Why realm was near-dead? Lags, toxic people, all-time connection required and sometimes servers die too,

Sry to interrupt, but about this one, "Why realm was near-dead?".

Firstly, its not "near", its already, and for a long time. Fastest players get to lvl 145+ in less than a month in 1.8 season realm. Most normal players get into their lategame in less than 2 months. So, actually the 1.8 realm is already dead for a long long long time.

Secondly, its exactly the goblins that speed up 1.8 realm's death. Too many goblins lead to a very high item drop rate and relic abuse in 1.8, and make it easy and boring. Believe it or not, I myself got 5 laz trophy fragments from them! Let alone others. And u want to be God in 1.8? Easy! Just stack enough Limpet Laser relics or Psionic Storm relics, and u will be invincible in 1.8! :)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Bestendigo wrote:Why realm was near-dead? Lags, toxic people, all-time connection required and sometimes servers die too,

Firstly, its not "near", its already, and for a long time. Fastest players get to lvl 145+ in less than a month in 1.8 season realm. Most normal players get into their lategame in less than 2 months. So, actually the 1.8 realm is already dead for a long long long time.

Secondly, its exactly the goblins that speed up 1.8 realm's death. Too many goblins lead to a very high item drop rate and relic abuse in 1.8, and make it easy and boring. Believe it or not, I myself got 5 laz trophy fragments from them! Let alone others. And u want to be God in 1.8? Easy! Just stack enough Limpet Laser relics or Psionic Storm relics, and u will be invincible in 1.8! :)

https://tsw.vn.cz/?range=week
This dead ladder still has 700 ppl online each day, and 1900 ppl online in the last week.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

https://tsw.vn.cz/?range=week
This dead ladder still has 700 ppl online each day, and 1900 ppl online in the last week.

But that has nothing to do with the topic, we all know it is dead 100%, and for a long time.
lahauteroche44
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
does 2.0 require a unique LoD cd key ?
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lahauteroche44 wrote:does 2.0 require a unique LoD cd key ?

No. You just need an install from D2LoD with any cdkey or just a copy from the game files.