513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:Offline tools offers shared stash and free respec, it has nothing to do with the loot filter and stats. If you're thinking of d2stats, it's already unmaintained and we probably won't need it any more with the new features ingame.

It's a bit worrying that d2stats is unmaintained, since it's really useful and seemed to need a tweak each patch to deal with item changes. If it becomes unusable or unreliable that will be a big step backwards. It would be a good thing to prioritise getting its functionality into the main game imo (esp the drop filter).

Instead of implementing stuff like loot filter, speed calculator and documentation into the game, maybe devs should prioritise improving and adding new content? If they are not that hard to implement, then sure why not, but I don't think that's the case. We already have a functioning loot filter that takes 5 seconds to open and you can configure it in any way you like, so I don't see a reason why this should exist in game if it would take a lot of time to implement and achieve the same functionality in the end. Also, the loot filter is a very important part of the game, so I don't think it becoming unusable should even be considered an option. I don't know what tweaks you're referring to, which are required each patch. If it's something like the replacement of str/energy factor with spell focus, that has nothing to do with loot filter. With extended stat sheet becoming a part of the game, we shouldn't worry about such changes I guess.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:Offline tools offers shared stash and free respec, it has nothing to do with the loot filter and stats. If you're thinking of d2stats, it's already unmaintained and we probably won't need it any more with the new features ingame.

It's a bit worrying that d2stats is unmaintained, since it's really useful and seemed to need a tweak each patch to deal with item changes. If it becomes unusable or unreliable that will be a big step backwards. It would be a good thing to prioritise getting its functionality into the main game imo (esp the drop filter).

Instead of implementing stuff like loot filter, speed calculator and documentation into the game, maybe devs should prioritise improving and adding new content? If they are not that hard to implement, then sure why not, but I don't think that's the case. We already have a functioning loot filter that takes 5 seconds to open and you can configure it in any way you like, so I don't see a reason why this should exist in game if it would take a lot of time to implement and achieve the same functionality in the end. Also, the loot filter is a very important part of the game, so I don't think it becoming unusable should even be considered an option. I don't know what tweaks you're referring to, which are required each patch. If it's something like the replacement of str/energy factor with spell focus, that has nothing to do with loot filter. With extended stat sheet becoming a part of the game, we shouldn't worry about such changes I guess.

It's not "an option" it's something hat happens because it's maintained by someone who is not one of the dev team. As I understand it, each tool needs approval from the devs but they don't take it over.

There have been various issues when items change that cause problems - like when there was more than one kind of wirt's leg introduced it caused issues with some stashes disappearing - can't remember the exact details, but there's a new version with most patches and then some bug fixes now and again (like for the wirt's leg issue).

It was the same for the shared stash code - not part of the game, so it stopped working when it became incompatible with one of the patches (probably Sigma, I can't remember exact details).
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Captcha wrote:I suspect most ppl stop playing online when they find it impossible to find others to play with. At least in old d2 you knew to look for games with "cows" or "baal run" in the title, even if was a bit boring as an end game.

Imho this game needs something to help people play together - a way to find other people at the same stage / objective. It's technically "multiplayer" if you can join a game with other people in it, but it's kind of missing the point if they're all trying to do different things.

Yeah, it is part of the reason, I guess.

In the past I suggested guilds would be a good thing to implement, that way players can team up. If not easy in the game code or the battle.net equivalent then maybe via the web site.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I don't play online because the extra features just don't justify the added frustration of lag or even time outs.
Classic d2 multiplayer never really was about actually playing together, more about showing off your crap to your buddies :P.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Captcha wrote:In the past I suggested guilds would be a good thing to implement, that way players can team up. If not easy in the game code or the battle.net equivalent then maybe via the web site.

Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with MXL as a mod, but with the software that keeps the servers running, pvpgn. The team doesn't have any influence on that, they just use that software. So unless that software is updated, there's no chance for guilds or clans to be properly implemented in the game.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:

The problem is that nobody is working on d2stats so there's no guarantee it will keep working. If it breaks at some point, someone has to either fix it or add its features into the game, or we won't have them at all. You can't say "it becoming unusable should [not] be considered an option" and also have "instead of loot filter, devs should prioritise new content", because it hasn't been touched in a year and nobody has stepped up to keep it up to date. I don't think it's particularly likely that the loot filter part will break entirely, but it's always possible.

& that's without considering the fact that, as a necessary feature, it should really just be part of the game so that folks who are new and don't know where the tools menu on this website is still have a loot filter.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Repost from official discord:
Every day until release, we'll be posting content from 2.0.

Today we start with one of the many runewords added as part of the runeword overhaul, Blitzen. Blitzen is an elemental alternative to
The Black Dame
The Black Dame
Long War Bow (4)

Two-Hand Damage: 16 to (23 - 32)
Required Level: 11
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 29
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
1% Chance to cast level 1 Barrage on Kill
30% Attack Speed
+(1 to 10) to Maximum Damage
(11 to 15)% Mana stolen per Hit
+60% Enhanced Damage
+(5 to 8) to Tantrum
Slow Target (3 to 5)%
(21 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
+1% to Experience Gained
Requirements +10%
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: 46 to (75 - 94)
Required Level: 30
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 40
1% Chance to cast level 5 Barrage on Kill
45% Attack Speed
+(11 to 30) to Maximum Damage
(16 to 20)% Mana stolen per Hit
+100% Enhanced Damage
+(9 to 12) to Tantrum
Slow Target (9 to 11)%
(31 to 35)% Bonus to Defense
+2% to Experience Gained
Requirements +25%
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: 108 to (179 - 198)
Required Level: 48
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 67
1% Chance to cast level 10 Barrage on Kill
60% Attack Speed
+(31 to 50) to Maximum Damage
(21 to 25)% Mana stolen per Hit
+140% Enhanced Damage
+(13 to 16) to Tantrum
Slow Target (15 to 17)%
(41 to 45)% Bonus to Defense
+2% to Experience Gained
Requirements +50%
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: 151 to (277 - 307)
Required Level: 57
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 85
1% Chance to cast level 16 Barrage on Kill
75% Attack Speed
+(70 to 100) to Maximum Damage
(26 to 30)% Mana stolen per Hit
+180% Enhanced Damage
+(17 to 21) to Tantrum
Slow Target (18 to 20)%
(46 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
+3% to Experience Gained
Requirements +75%
Socketed (6)
for Tantrum oskill players, an option for the early game while still scaling into rifts and dungeons thanks to its damage bonus

We hope you'll stay tuned (as we won't be pinging for further leaks) for our next batch of leaks over the coming days and as always we are glad to have you as our community

(c) Gavin_K88
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Siosilvar wrote:
Marrt wrote:
Captcha wrote:

The problem is that nobody is working on d2stats so there's no guarantee it will keep working. If it breaks at some point, someone has to either fix it or add its features into the game, or we won't have them at all. You can't say "it becoming unusable should [not] be considered an option" and also have "instead of loot filter, devs should prioritise new content", because it hasn't been touched in a year and nobody has stepped up to keep it up to date. I don't think it's particularly likely that the loot filter part will break entirely, but it's always possible.

& that's without considering the fact that, as a necessary feature, it should really just be part of the game so that folks who are new and don't know where the tools menu on this website is still have a loot filter.

so true :D amazing how some people would always whine whatever changes will be made.
in this case it's a real progress with much less headache, congrats median team for all your work !
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
PizzaGater wrote:so true :D amazing how some people would always whine whatever changes will be made.
in this case it's a real progress with much less headache, congrats median team for all your work !

I wonder where you see any whining. The point is exactly, if there will be any changes to justify implementing the loot filter into the game, or if it's even possible. It's obviously ideal to have all important features built into the game.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Marrt wrote:
PizzaGater wrote:so true :D amazing how some people would always whine whatever changes will be made.

I wonder where you see any whining. The point is exactly, if there will be any changes to justify implementing the loot filter into the game, or if it's even possible. It's obviously ideal to have all important features built into the game.

That's exactly what a whiny karen would write