Median XL 2.0 Trailer

Game news and forum updates
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
RequiemLux wrote:
nemmate wrote:I know that I'm an old player, but "single player offline" will be possible? Can't wait for the changelog. Very nice, and thank you for your efforts!!!!

Yeah, as always Single Player mode will be fully supported.

As always? With the features of all seasons? Because 1.8 it was single player too, but not the goblins. It's just a question, not a problem. I'm just curious and I can't wait to play!!!
Ernidull
Cog
233 | 104
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Oh wow !
You guys truly did an amazing job .
Many thanks to the Team for all their hard work .
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nemmate wrote:As always? With the features of all seasons? Because 1.8 it was single player too, but not the goblins. It's just a question, not a problem. I'm just curious and I can't wait to play!!!

I agree. This is one of things that i dont like about MXL. They force people to play multiplayer in order to get 100% content. This is not nice. Not everyone likes playing on laggy servers (and not everyone got good internet as well) and some ppl prefer SP. I fear that 2.0 ver will get also MP only content. Anyway i love the mod and i am thankful for 2.0 <3
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Bestendigo wrote:
nemmate wrote:As always? With the features of all seasons? Because 1.8 it was single player too, but not the goblins. It's just a question, not a problem. I'm just curious and I can't wait to play!!!

I agree. This is one of things that i dont like about MXL. They force people to play multiplayer in order to get 100% content. This is not nice. Not everyone likes playing on laggy servers (and not everyone got good internet as well) and some ppl prefer SP. I fear that 2.0 ver will get also MP only content. Anyway i love the mod and i am thankful for 2.0 <3

Can you name another MP-only content apart from goblins on 1.8? I can't think of anything. There will be no MP-only features on 2.0 as far as I know.
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:Can you name another MP-only content apart from goblins on 1.8? I can't think of anything. There will be no MP-only features on 2.0 as far as I know.

Ofc i can't, it was only one MP only content, but it's huge. Yes, i played MP just for that and there was a goblin every 5min sometimes. Sometimes i got 3 goblins within 2 minutes and got awarded with many decent items. Therefore i end up like 4 times richer than while playing SP. If we add trading.... i end up like 10 times richer than SP. It's so unfair for SP players, and there's no point playing SP in 1.8 unless you want to grind 10h daily for months in order to find any good and useful stuff in late game...

All in all its pretty sad for SP players.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ffs you mad?! There ALWAYS were realm-only content in clod and nearly all mods since very Battle.NET start.. It's supposed to be like that. And it was like that long time ago in MXL... so better say thanx it's not a usual thing anymore. That's only one season with some MP-only content i can remember through last 2-3 years.
fobosollo
Thunder Beetle
50 | 2
cant wait! have i seen colorblind assist? ive been sruggling with these problems for years, that d be a great help honestly!
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Scalewinged wrote:Ffs you mad?! There ALWAYS were realm-only content in clod and nearly all mods since very Battle.NET start.. It's supposed to be like that. And it was like that long time ago in MXL... so better say thanx it's not a usual thing anymore. That's only one season with some MP-only content i can remember through last 2-3 years.

Can u name any MP only content for example with MXL 2012 by Brother Laz? Or BTH by Onyx? Or Valhalla? Or other popular mods? Nope. Live in reality, not in your dream.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Bestendigo wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Ffs you mad?! There ALWAYS were realm-only content in clod and nearly all mods since very Battle.NET start.. It's supposed to be like that. And it was like that long time ago in MXL... so better say thanx it's not a usual thing anymore. That's only one season with some MP-only content i can remember through last 2-3 years.

Can u name any MP only content for example with MXL 2012 by Brother Laz? Or BTH by Onyx? Or Valhalla? Or other popular mods? Nope. Live in reality, not in your dream.

While the post about "it always been everywhere" is kinda nonsensical, there is a reason to implement realm-only stuff.

First, people in SP cheat.
>"b-b-but I don't cheat"
You probably do, but it doesn't matter. It's many times simpler to cheat in SP compared to realm, as easy as marking a single file "Read-only" (anyone can do that). So, people playing realm, especially SSF realm, as a self-imposed challenge, need to be compensated. Basic feedback loop - there's much less incentive to do something in extra hard manner if you won't get anything from it (and some people still do it anyway).
Second, Goblins serves dual purpose - first they are being tested before they are implemented in 2.0 (as it seems like), second they are there to try to keep some interest in playing realm (which has gotten near-dead at this point) before the patch hits. The density of goblins is likely exaggerated many times from their actual density in 2.0 release, probably to evaluate the amount of imbalance they introduce, and to keep people actually interested so they will test it.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bestendigo wrote:

Actually i'm playing only MXL on realm (very rarely since M17 exactly because there's no actual difference between SP and MP and i don't interract with other players anyway) and from what i remember instantly: Diablo clone, Elemental secret runewords, Xis runewords, Chaos runewords, max lvl 125, even some balance/gameplay changes. These all are Ultimative but i didn't really playd on realm in old MXL. Point is that realm-only things is a must just for making playing on realm somehow.... rewarding. Esp with already existing poop drop rate.