Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
ParticuLarry wrote:Imho the Sigma trailer from 2019 was better. 1) I didn't like the music choice. (yeah, that's just my personal opinion) 2) the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds are pretty much wasted, so the actual trailer is "just" 1 minute long. 3) Most things that were mentioned could've used a little more attention. A little more visibility for example for the gamble refresh button, colorblind mode, rune clusters and so on would've probably been better instead of just mentioning it in a text that changes twice a second, where you have to manually slow down to read about all the new things.

There are a couple of minor things (like at 0:35 the "1.8" could've been more visible, same with the 2.0 a few seconds later). But aside from those few things, I agree with you. The cuts are really well made and in synch with the music, so those are definitely well done! The editing skills have definitely improved from the 2019 trailer to now :D

Btw, the trailer was made by Marco (It was mentioned at 1:56)

I can agree some features could have used more attention. However, what I like about the trailer is that there's some easter eggs. Rune clusters for example are shown not only as text, but there's something else distracting your attention.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marrt wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:Imho the Sigma trailer from 2019 was better. 1) I didn't like the music choice. (yeah, that's just my personal opinion) 2) the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds are pretty much wasted, so the actual trailer is "just" 1 minute long. 3) Most things that were mentioned could've used a little more attention. A little more visibility for example for the gamble refresh button, colorblind mode, rune clusters and so on would've probably been better instead of just mentioning it in a text that changes twice a second, where you have to manually slow down to read about all the new things.

There are a couple of minor things (like at 0:35 the "1.8" could've been more visible, same with the 2.0 a few seconds later). But aside from those few things, I agree with you. The cuts are really well made and in synch with the music, so those are definitely well done! The editing skills have definitely improved from the 2019 trailer to now :D

Btw, the trailer was made by Marco (It was mentioned at 1:56)

I can agree some features could have used more attention. However, what I like about the trailer is that there's some easter eggs. Rune clusters for example are shown not only as text, but there's something else distracting your attention.

Tbh, I watched the trailer 4 times prior to posting that comment you quoted, but I only saw anything about the rune clusters at all when I watched it the 5th time when I picked up things that could've gotten more attention for that comment :D That's how hidden that feature was for me :D

And thanks for pointing that out, I went back and watched it a 6th time just now :D
zerolegen
Skeleton
2 | 0
I hope it comes a toggle on/off show items on ground so we don't have to rely on a tool for it. and at least 1 extra stash page would be awesome xd
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
zerolegen wrote:I hope it comes a toggle on/off show items on ground so we don't have to rely on a tool for it. and at least 1 extra stash page would be awesome xd

I agree. More and more items every year, we need bigger stash too :P 2 pages 16x15 would do a job.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Bestendigo wrote:Why realm was near-dead? Lags, toxic people, all-time connection required and sometimes servers die too,

Sry to interrupt, but about this one, "Why realm was near-dead?".

Firstly, its not "near", its already, and for a long time. Fastest players get to lvl 145+ in less than a month in 1.8 season realm. Most normal players get into their lategame in less than 2 months. So, actually the 1.8 realm is already dead for a long long long time.

Secondly, its exactly the goblins that speed up 1.8 realm's death. Too many goblins lead to a very high item drop rate and relic abuse in 1.8, and make it easy and boring. Believe it or not, I myself got 5 laz trophy fragments from them! Let alone others. And u want to be God in 1.8? Easy! Just stack enough Limpet Laser relics or Psionic Storm relics, and u will be invincible in 1.8! :)
I suspect most ppl stop playing online when they find it impossible to find others to play with. At least in old d2 you knew to look for games with "cows" or "baal run" in the title, even if was a bit boring as an end game.

Imho this game needs something to help people play together - a way to find other people at the same stage / objective. It's technically "multiplayer" if you can join a game with other people in it, but it's kind of missing the point if they're all trying to do different things.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:I suspect most ppl stop playing online when they find it impossible to find others to play with. At least in old d2 you knew to look for games with "cows" or "baal run" in the title, even if was a bit boring as an end game.

Imho this game needs something to help people play together - a way to find other people at the same stage / objective. It's technically "multiplayer" if you can join a game with other people in it, but it's kind of missing the point if they're all trying to do different things.

Yeah, it is part of the reason, I guess.
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
That's why I'm playing HC only,

Even there are much less people, they are helpful and kind for leveling / doing hard stuff / trade or give things.

Maybe it's a record, but I saw thrice (3times) 6 players in a game this season !
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:Offline tools offers shared stash and free respec, it has nothing to do with the loot filter and stats. If you're thinking of d2stats, it's already unmaintained and we probably won't need it any more with the new features ingame.

It's a bit worrying that d2stats is unmaintained, since it's really useful and seemed to need a tweak each patch to deal with item changes. If it becomes unusable or unreliable that will be a big step backwards. It would be a good thing to prioritise getting its functionality into the main game imo (esp the drop filter).
Zerger
Cultist
24 | 4
Sounds so promising!
Can't wait :)