Game news and forum updates
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:What made the SP bug especially annoying was that we weren't able to reliably replicate it, therefore no way to know when it was actually fixed. However, it seems not to be happening as of 2.0.6 anymore. There are still some issues with TCP/IP though which we are looking at.

I hope this doesn't end up in the same bin as the merc-does-nothing bug.

I was trying to remember if that existed in d2 cLoD or if it became a thing in Median? I don't remember it in cLoD but I could be wrong. Has there been any progress on the merc bug at all? It feels like it's been around forever. There's a serious advantage for classes/builds with short teleport, since that seems to reset it.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:
Primarch wrote:No idea what all these people are talking about lol. I've never had an issue with SP/TCP and I literally played this on my work laptop the other day. Perhaps its user error or some weird shader setting you're using that's messing things up.

The other day ? I started on SP when league came out, got bad inventory data and moved to MP. Have not touched SP since then and saw some file backups thing going on, but never saw real news from devs about it. So yeah.

LOL yes. Not to mention... "work" laptop. Hope his CV/resume is up to date ;)
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Primarch wrote:No idea what all these people are talking about lol. I've never had an issue with SP/TCP and I literally played this on my work laptop the other day. Perhaps its user error or some weird shader setting you're using that's messing things up.

The other day ? I started on SP when league came out, got bad inventory data and moved to MP. Have not touched SP since then and saw some file backups thing going on, but never saw real news from devs about it. So yeah.

Right, because I’ll surely get fired for bringing my work laptop to my family’s house and using it to play MXL after thanksgiving dinner.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Primarch wrote:
Captcha wrote:

Right, because I’ll surely get fired for bringing my work laptop to my family’s house and using it to play MXL after thanksgiving dinner.

You would if you worked in my company tbf. But then again... you wouldn't be able to install it unless you did some serious hacking past the enterprise-level group policies etc.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Finally our prays are listened and Batstrike changed to smth at least potentially viable!!!
Taem
Necrobot
2469 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Captcha wrote:
Marco wrote:What made the SP bug especially annoying was that we weren't able to reliably replicate it, therefore no way to know when it was actually fixed. However, it seems not to be happening as of 2.0.6 anymore. There are still some issues with TCP/IP though which we are looking at.

I hope this doesn't end up in the same bin as the merc-does-nothing bug.

I was trying to remember if that existed in d2 cLoD or if it became a thing in Median? I don't remember it in cLoD but I could be wrong. Has there been any progress on the merc bug at all? It feels like it's been around forever. There's a serious advantage for classes/builds with short teleport, since that seems to reset it.

Can't say I've had that issue in Median. If anything, merc usually wanders off and I have to tele back to town to resummon him. The MAIN issue right now with mercs is their survivability (or lack of) in 2.0. It's horseshit now, devs killed the merc and no one cares? Oh well.
TheEliteUS
Fallen
1 | 0
<3
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Scalewinged wrote:Finally our prays are listened and Batstrike changed to smth at least potentially viable!!!

Where did you hear that?

About the merc-does-nothing, it was in clod too. You just don't remember it as they were useless aside from act2 and Infinity.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Primarch wrote:
Captcha wrote:

You would if you worked in my company tbf. But then again... you wouldn't be able to install it unless you did some serious hacking past the enterprise-level group policies etc.

I'm a contractor. I have a high-side laptop and a low-side in-house laptop that I can pretty much use for whatever. Never used my actual personal so I ended up giving it to my mom. Next step: Getting her to play MXL
leekocid
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
free tele in lv 1 necro :coolstorybob: