2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
New item: Catalyst of Jewelcrafting, drops from Izual in Nightmare difficulty
The catalyst must be charged with up to 10 Arcane Crystals before it can be used. Each crystal provides 5 charges
Crafting jewels is now as simple as cubing a jewel and the catalyst, rune, and oil are no longer needed
Re-rolling the catalyst by itself will allow you to select a different affix
Jewelcrafting recipes now have a built-in gold cost (varies per affix)
Crafting jewels no longer reduces their ilvl

The more i read the more i realised - one thing changed from all of it - ilvl improvement. Rest of the stuff is just meh and does the same with extra steps.
Instead of AC in cube - you have to add AC to catalyst - extra work.
Instead of using a rune - you will have to reroll catalyst, oh you missed your rune, too bad keep rerolling.
Oil not needed, but it takes gold anyway. Such improvement, much wow.
xismylove
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
:mweed:
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anonymous: wrote:
New item: Catalyst of Jewelcrafting, drops from Izual in Nightmare difficulty
The catalyst must be charged with up to 10 Arcane Crystals before it can be used. Each crystal provides 5 charges
Crafting jewels is now as simple as cubing a jewel and the catalyst, rune, and oil are no longer needed
Re-rolling the catalyst by itself will allow you to select a different affix
Jewelcrafting recipes now have a built-in gold cost (varies per affix)
Crafting jewels no longer reduces their ilvl

The more i read the more i realised - one thing changed from all of it - ilvl improvement. Rest of the stuff is just meh and does the same with extra steps.
Instead of AC in cube - you have to add AC to catalyst - extra work.
Instead of using a rune - you will have to reroll catalyst, oh you missed your rune, too bad keep rerolling.
Oil not needed, but it takes gold anyway. Such improvement, much wow.

apparently you are still missing things bro... you don't need to waste space in your inventory for all the oils, nor for the arcane crystals/shards. you just have 1 catalyst occupying 1 space, taking basically the place of the rune. done. otherwise you would need to fill your inventory, do all your crafts, then go buy more and repeat..
so yes, it actually is a big improvement, apart from ilvl.
about the critic on rerolling the catalyst... not sure how many different varieties of jewels you want to craft... usually it's like maybe 1 indestructible and the rest is all same. so you will reroll it once only at the beginning basically... just be patient and slowly roll instead of doing it like a madman, and there is no risk to miss
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
So just keep one rune for your rerolls - same thing. Container for AC already exist, makes more sense to make it possible to craft with AC container. Same would be nice with shrine containers. For multiple oils - yes, it's bad mechanics - could be infinite oil catalyst or what not.
I have a lot of experience with random material containers from other mods - its fine to collect, just cube all stuff. But to extract or choose the right outcome while rerolling - just meh stuff.
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Can we get an update on the planned reset time? I'm not sure if the Discord event aligns with the reset. Announcing the planned time prior to a week before would be very helpful for those that may need to schedule time off.
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Reset is always 9PM PST
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
blatkill wrote:Reset is always 9PM PST

That's just blatantly incorrect.
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Milkshake wrote:Can we get an update on the planned reset time? I'm not sure if the Discord event aligns with the reset. Announcing the planned time prior to a week before would be very helpful for those that may need to schedule time off.

The Discord event shows you what time reset starts based off your timezone.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
The talk about reset time made me think of the last season. I got to play 21.00 and thats a bit late i think. Maybe set it a bit earlier ? (If its possible of course) i remember way back when i got to play at 16.00 . Thats a good time ! I live in sweden by the way
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Berkabus1 wrote:The talk about reset time made me think of the last season. I got to play 21.00 and thats a bit late i think. Maybe set it a bit earlier ? (If its possible of course) i remember way back when i got to play at 16.00 . Thats a good time ! I live in sweden by the way

We understand that the reset time isn't convenient for everyone. We have a large player base all over the world and unfortunately that comes with a wide difference in time zones. We had to pick a time that's the most convenient for the majority.