Σ 2.1.6 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bat lady nerfs (mainly losing so much pierce for the bats) make me a little sad. Necro changes sound amazing tho. Was really looking forward to summoner changes before the patch notes dropped but now the new Angel of Death upgrade has nested itself into the theory crafting part of my brain and won't leave :D
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Taem wrote:.

doba7a
Pit Knight
106 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can we see the new runewords somewhere now, or we should wait until patch is officially launched.
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
doba7a wrote:Can we see the new runewords somewhere now, or we should wait until patch is officially launched.

docs are usually updated at or shortly post launch, not before. That is how it was at the hand full of releases I was around for at least.
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thank you for sharing the patch notes. I just would like to inform all the dreamer that I updated my excel file to calculate new life pools. I just checked the necromancer, because I play necro. In this case, the overall impact of the update in 2.1 is a slight decrease in life pool. therefore, overall, it is a nerf.

specifically, notwithstanding the buffs, now embalming (if fully upgraded = 20 points + 4 points in the support skill.. before was 25 points to be allocated, thanks) gives 57% to life instead of 77%.

have a nice day :D
Splift
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Taem wrote:All I saw was reduced merc HP and I realized that the devs have become completely out of touch with their casual fan base. I guess I'll be skipping this season. Mercs are mostly cannon fodder now anyhow in ubers,................................

patch notes wrote:Reduced mercenary hp by 20% on normal and nightmare
doba7a
Pit Knight
106 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Splargh wrote:
doba7a wrote:Can we see the new runewords somewhere now, or we should wait until patch is officially launched.

docs are usually updated at or shortly post launch, not before. That is how it was at the hand full of releases I was around for at least.

Thank you, sir
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Inno86 wrote:thank you for sharing the patch notes. I just would like to inform all the dreamer that I updated my excel file to calculate new life pools. I just checked the necromancer, because I play necro. In this case, the overall impact of the update in 2.1 is a slight decrease in life pool. therefore, overall, it is a nerf.

specifically, notwithstanding the buffs, now embalming (if fully upgraded = 20 points + 4 points in the support skill.. before was 25 points to be allocated, thanks) gives 57% to life instead of 77%.

At character level 140 you now have +110 base life with maxed embalming & mold the flesh and base vitality compared to before. At higher levels and with vitality the difference increases a lot plus you save 5 skill points.
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:
Inno86 wrote:thank you for sharing the patch notes. I just would like to inform all the dreamer that I updated my excel file to calculate new life pools. I just checked the necromancer, because I play necro. In this case, the overall impact of the update in 2.1 is a slight decrease in life pool. therefore, overall, it is a nerf.

At character level 140 you now have +110 base life with maxed embalming & mold the flesh and base vitality compared to before. At higher levels and with vitality the difference increases a lot plus you save 5 skill points.

investing points into vitality is not convenient at all, considering that you gain 1.25 life per point in vitality. therefore, we assume that competitive builds in lab (I am thinking about melee or xbow) do not invest a single point into vitality. with that assumption, i calculated for character level 145 with full charms full trophies and BiS gear.. overall you lose health (slightly)

also, based on experience, such builds don't survive well in lab due to low health compared to other builds. in general, in my opinion, such change doesn't mean anything for endgame content (referring to lab7+).. minimum requirement is 20k life (and you are still gonna suffer) better would be 25k+, but impossible to reach.. maybe can reach 17k by min-maxing everything, which is not enough.

instead of nerfing, i would have buffed the non-competitive builds. for example: the problem of shuriken assassin is not damage (you increase dmg in 2.1) but defense and life. in lab7+ avoid is useless and life is very bad. i have yet to check the numbers for assassin, but i am telling you... 15k is not enough by any means and having free life after kill is useless as well.. better saying it is not enough. ideally, you need around 3-4k life regen per second to be "ok-ish" but you cannot reach that maybe. considering i am disappointed by necro updates (fire conversion is good, but good luck with pierce while keeping decent dmg and max res, so build is great until endgame... then useless.. but extremely good for bossing if you dont have to care about life and max res).. while i can see a small buff for shuriken (i played it a little last season until 146 and hit a wall on tier7 lab due to avoid being useless) .. for next updates maybe remove the defense penalty, or increase avoid (i was playing with 150 cognition tbf)
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
"MONSTERS
Reduced rune drops in locations with rune bias (Fauztinville, Scosglen, Torajan Jungles), but increased everywhere else (including progression)

FAUZTINVILLE
Increased frequency of Fauzt-specific rune drops"

a little confused, does this mean that fauzt specific rune drops will be better overall?