Σ 2.1.6 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Jammy wrote:
failikkk wrote:What are the differences between Single Player and Server? Goblins?

SP has shared stash, MP has goblins.

did you guys manage to fix the sp stash/weapon poofing bug?
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
smartasss wrote:Also did u rework the skills and not change a single item for her? Only set is usable..

this. aren't most javelin build items related to fire damage? set and titan's revenge should be looked at.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
smartasss wrote:Javelin

Deadly Dance:
A passive which adds Deadly Strike based on your Crushing Blow, requires Impale
Reduces Deadly Strike by 1% per Base Level
Adds 10% of your Crushing Blow as Deadly Strike per Base Level
Requires level 20, maximum Base Level is 10

Is Deadly Strike reduction is a typo or?

Also did u rework the skills and not change a single item for her? Only set is usable..

I had to read that more than once as well. I think it means that any DS on your items will get reduced by this passive, so no point having any (I assume it can't go negative due to this).

Instead you get your DS from CB - so basically, stack CB ignore DS.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
Muilpeer wrote:The barb 'Reward' section is empty. Just an error, or was there supposed to be data in there?

Sadly no buff to merc. I loved playing with my merc, but last season it was just wet parchment.

last season i tried to make the merc work, but then just stopped summoning him after he died.

mercs are in a weird place. to me they feel like aura bots with nominal impact on dps/defense. that is unless i'm doing mercs wrong (which i could be) and they are much more valuable to people's builds. i'd say make them invincible honestly. like is anyone's merc even killing anything in high level zones or breaking their build if they die?
byoon
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Seems weird to nerf cold sorc single target in this way, which while admittedly was strong, they were not good against the hardest bosses because they don't have enough survivability to face tank. Now this makes them even worse in the hardest end-game content, while the early/middling end-game content will still be easy, just slightly slower
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jampula wrote:Some neat stuff. Just hate these growing new cube stuff and buffs on end-game, "kill five demons, collect their essences, then acquire Laz's balls killing him while wearing no gloves, then defeat Samael in exactly five or fifteen minutes while wearing balls of Laz and under the swirlies cube them with Lilliths Kama Sutra Book (0,2% drop change) to access to something"

But I quess that's ARPG for you...

KEKW
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
WTB Ring of Royal Grandeur in MXL. :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip: :flip:
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I wrote out a summary of buffs and nerfs to help me decide what to play - I thought I may as well post it here in case it's of any help/interest to anyone.

I'm no expert, others may disagree with my take (happy to hear feedback, especially on the builds I'm not sure about), but to me it looks like the overall changes are:

AMAZON
Bow - Buffed. Buff to barrage, more life. Will still be a top farmer.
Java - who knows? Probably very good. There may be 2 variants, melee and throw?
Spear / Blood / Storm. All Buffed a bit. Does it make any of them good? Dunno that it's enough.

ASSASSIN
Overall: change to Beacon will affect a few builds that don't benefit from the reward skills other than the speed buff Beacon had.
Ninja. Buffed. But a small buff.
Psionic. Small buff to Shuriken Flurry and to life. This was a good build last season, under-rated, removing speed buff from Beacon may make this worse.
Claw. Buffed? QoL improved? Too early to say.
Throw. Unchanged, pretty much.

BARBARIAN
Earthshaker - Nerfed. Loss of elemental weapons and lower life.
Elemental - Not sure. more speed, less damage? Didn't play it enough to know if the nerfed damage is significant.
Shaman. Buffed? The new passive is an unknown though. It was always a top farming build so hopefully it is again.

DRUID
Only changes to shapeshifters and vit per point. Hard to say if IAS fix will be offset by worse fpa limits.
Bear. Neutral? Buffed damage, slightly less life per level. The fpa effect is the question.
Wolf. Nerfed. Lower fpa and lower avoid.

NECRO
Overall, the change to BtS will benefit a lot of non-summoner builds. Innate lvl 1 teleport - very nice! Also reward skills rework.
Melee. Buffed. Better mechanics, more damage.
Totem Nerfed. Damage nerf. Top tier last season, may not be now. QoL on movement/tele mechanics from BtS also means safer to play.
Xbow. Buffed? Widowmaker damage should be easier to scale as fire. New short-range skill... unknown atm. Reduced pierce on Jinn = not so good, but at least now they are usable with xbow for pierce. As Tyndall pointed out, Dragonfire Oil synergy will be enormous.
Summon. Buffed? Reworked whole build. Could be good. Interesting DK option to use them as summonable bombs. VK changes look good for summoners.

PALADIN
Overall reduced health and movement from passives. :(
Unholy Caster. Buff. Damage increase. Was good but not Tier 1 last season so should be better now.
Holy caster. Nerf. Was top tier build, probably not now.
Neutraldin. Nerf.

SORCERESS
Poison. Buffed. Was v good last season so should be tier 1 now.
Melee. Buffed. Wasn't great last season, looks better now for small change but 25% buff is quite a lot.
Fire. Buffed. Added a new damage mechanic, can't be bad. Is it enough to restore this to Tier 1? Maybe, especially in late game.
Cold. Nerfed. Simple reduction in damage, gonna be worse.

-------------
Next season? For me, I'll try the following:

Javazon of course worth a try. Probably start with the java as the new build.
Bowzon for farming especially if java doesn't work out.
Summoner barb and necro may be good too.
The 3 buffed sorc builds (but poison looks a safe bet for tier 1 in late game).
Dark horses: xbow necro. UH caster.

EDIT: Credit Tyndall - the Dragonfire Oil synergy is big. It seems possible (likely?) that Xbow necro could be tier 1 again. Woot.
Edited by Captcha 2 years.
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Captcha wrote:Xbow. Buffed? Widowmaker damage should be easier to scale as fire. New short-range skill... unknown atm. Reduced pierce on Jinn = not so good, but at least now they are usable with xbow for pierce.

The change to xbow necro, specifically windowmaker's damage change, is definitely a direct and potentially massive buff due to it making dragonfire oil much better to build on. You probably would never use jinn either way because the IAS and deadly strike from rathma's chosen is more valuable (imo) than the fire pierce from jinn, but I will test this out in 2.1 just to see. Edit: i love the summary by the way, good work :)
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
644 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Claw. Buffed? QoL improved? Too early to say.

Nerfed to the ground