Σ 2.2.0 Announced

Game news and forum updates
User avatar
Taem
Kraken Guard
2306 | 113
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Opgedronken wrote:ssf is still ok, maybe you can't do samael or lower labs, but is that really such a big deal.
Sure median isn't as easy to play casual as classic d2, but with some off game research etc it's good.


We shall see what 2.2 brings. I made my gripes known in a post to the devs long ago, and I lean towards ChewableTrash' POV. Of all the classes I started last and this season playing SSF, almost all of them were boring AF to play from clvl 1 to 120 with the skills feeling utterly useless until good gear was found and by that time, the taste was so sour, I could care less how much time the devs poured into the game, it sucked! My mind was slightly changed with the poison ww barb which has been fun since clvl 1. Only a few classes seem balanced for early game play to end game, such as totemancer, poison ww baba, and a select few others. I sincerely hope the devs address this because if they instead chose to nerf these classes which still retain a bit of the old MXL spirit in them, then seriously, fuck this mod, I will completely lose all respect for what they are doing.

To ChewableTrash, play an older version of median, anything before Sigma has the absolute funnest skill tree choices that won't "pigeon hole" you into one specific tree. So far, the *only* class I've played that seems to have a level of "choice" in skill is the poison ww baba because those 40 skill points you would of had to invest into the ww tree can now be placed in more useful places giving you fucking variety... And the every skill you place a point into is useful and meaningful with immediate results not compliant explicitly on your fucking gear, but your skill as an actual character and intelligence as a player picking your skills. Don't get me wrong, to progress past harder ubers, it's still a gear check as always, but at least the game is fun and it doesn't take ten-thousand swings to kill a single enemy. I suggest you try that class before this season is over, and if devs nerf the fun classes, then move on to a new game.
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@Taem - have my cookie
Honkler
Cog
207 | 16
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Taem wrote:
Opgedronken wrote:ssf is still ok, maybe you can't do samael or lower labs, but is that really such a big deal.
Sure median isn't as easy to play casual as classic d2, but with some off game research etc it's good.


We shall see what 2.2 brings. I made my gripes known in a post to the devs long ago, and I lean towards ChewableTrash' POV. Of all the classes I started last and this season playing SSF, almost all of them were boring AF to play from clvl 1 to 120 with the skills feeling utterly useless until good gear was found and by that time, the taste was so sour, I could care less how much time the devs poured into the game, it sucked! My mind was slightly changed with the poison ww barb which has been fun since clvl 1. Only a few classes seem balanced for early game play to end game, such as totemancer, poison ww baba, and a select few others. I sincerely hope the devs address this because if they instead chose to nerf these classes which still retain a bit of the old MXL spirit in them, then seriously, fuck this mod, I will completely lose all respect for what they are doing.

To ChewableTrash, play an older version of median, anything before Sigma has the absolute funnest skill tree choices that won't "pigeon hole" you into one specific tree. So far, the *only* class I've played that seems to have a level of "choice" in skill is the poison ww baba because those 40 skill points you would of had to invest into the ww tree can now be placed in more useful places giving you fucking variety... And the every skill you place a point into is useful and meaningful with immediate results not compliant explicitly on your fucking gear, but your skill as an actual character and intelligence as a player picking your skills. Don't get me wrong, to progress past harder ubers, it's still a gear check as always, but at least the game is fun and it doesn't take ten-thousand swings to kill a single enemy. I suggest you try that class before this season is over, and if devs nerf the fun classes, then move on to a new game.



TBH, I think one of the biggest problems with skill tree design (from a phys dmg perspective) is the complete redundancy of placing additional points into main skills.

Example: Hammer of Zerae. If you max the skill, it drastically increases the mana cost and only adds marginal additive elemental dmg bonus at best. CLOD increased WDM % to physical dmg skills per soft skill point so you actually felt a relatively meaningful impact from point investment AND +skills, irrespective of synergy.

By making most physical abilities locked to a static X/X WDM + (negligible elemental dmg) per skill point, it disincentivizes additional point investment, especially since most phys builds would opt for phys dmg gear in lieu of stacking -Enemy resistances to said additive elemental dmg.

I guess I understand how a CLOD-style skill structure could be abused by stacking elemental dmg, which would then be multiplied by increased WDM %, but idk. Just seems a bit stale. Perhaps there's a good middle ground?
User avatar
Lynderika
Gravedigger
198 | 101
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Opgedronken wrote:ssf is still ok, maybe you can't do samael or lower labs, but is that really such a big deal.
Sure median isn't as easy to play casual as classic d2, but with some off game research etc it's good.


Entierely agree. Only labs and samael are concerned, scosglen a bit, as it change how fast you can do it. But for exemple Scosglen got lots of complaints, yet didn't even exist few patches ago, it was ADDED on top of everything, and suddenly not being farm it super fast is the worst thing ever? I don''t get it.

Taem wrote:Of all the classes I started last and this season playing SSF, almost all of them were boring AF to play from clvl 1 to 120 with the skills feeling utterly useless until good gear was found and by that time, the taste was so sour, I could care less how much time the devs poured into the game, it sucked!


I'd be curious to hear what you played, I have the opposite feeling. Well I did not play lots of char in 2.1, only Mana sorc, Nagi sin, Claw sin, and summoner Necro. But as Anonymous said there should be a lot more that feel perfectly fine.

Taem wrote:My mind was slightly changed with the poison ww barb which has been fun since clvl 1. Only a few classes seem balanced for early game play to end game, such as totemancer, poison ww baba, and a select few others. I sincerely hope the devs address this because if they instead chose to nerf these classes which still retain a bit of the old MXL spirit in them, then seriously, fuck this mod, I will completely lose all respect for what they are doing.


See, to me, Whirlwind is the complete opposite of fun. Where is the fun of clicking one time and waiting for things to happen? To me, none. Yet you like it ; This is what build diversity is. The only builds I consider myself liking are the 4 I named above, and that's enough.


Taem wrote:To ChewableTrash, play an older version of median, anything before Sigma has the absolute funnest skill tree choices that won't "pigeon hole" you into one specific tree. So far, the *only* class I've played that seems to have a level of "choice" in skill is the poison ww baba because those 40 skill points you would of had to invest into the ww tree can now be placed in more useful places giving you fucking variety... And the every skill you place a point into is useful and meaningful with immediate results not compliant explicitly on your fucking gear, but your skill as an actual character and intelligence as a player picking your skills. Don't get me wrong, to progress past harder ubers, it's still a gear check as always, but at least the game is fun and it doesn't take ten-thousand swings to kill a single enemy.


That's a point you already did in the past, I'll just reapeat that to me the 2.0+ trees are way better. What I see from my builds is that as a Naginata there's at least one useful skill in literally every trees, as always. That Mana sorc got more freedom from the removal of the "2 elemental choices" of the passives, meaning she can take the 2 passive you want as well as miasma, wintertide or the cold shield even. That Clawsin went from ass boring 1 button build to something really cool. That summon necro went from "I'm watching my 21545677 people army do thing while I drink tea" to something more interactive and fun. (I know that many can have fun with the big army, the possibility to do so should be there) (also the abyss knight nova needed fixing, no idea if it still does)

Taem wrote:I suggest you try that class before this season is over, and if devs nerf the fun classes, then move on to a new game.


As a noob if my only approach to mxl would have been poison ww, be sure that I would not be there. But it's cool that you have fun, take your time ! But complaining about everything else without naming any exemples nor concrete explanation doesn't help anyone.
User avatar
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2897 | 421
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
For QoL features - these are needed:
containers for enhanced runes
containers for essences
containers for belladonas
trophy less charms should only have one stat with randomised numbers like moon of spider for example
trophied charms should have a recipe to reroll stats for perfect ones before applying trophy

normal act 2 sanctuary needs some adjustment in difficulty (a nerf to be more precise) maybe even bring that honorific reward from Shenk to Radament
no real option for caster gloves until lvl 45 (no rw and no tiered unique)
blatkill
Monkey King
297 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anonymous: wrote:
trophied charms should have a recipe to reroll stats for perfect ones before applying trophy


Not sure. Since u need to farm charm for frag/trophy, most of the time, u can have a perf/near perf one before applying trophy. So this recipe should be kinda useless.
Newbking
Heretic
443 | 2
Anonymous: wrote:For QoL features - these are needed:
containers for enhanced runes
containers for essences
containers for belladonas
trophy less charms should only have one stat with randomised numbers like moon of spider for example
trophied charms should have a recipe to reroll stats for perfect ones before applying trophy

normal act 2 sanctuary needs some adjustment in difficulty (a nerf to be more precise) maybe even bring that honorific reward from Shenk to Radament
no real option for caster gloves until lvl 45 (no rw and no tiered unique)


Agree!

I personally would also like to see 2 other changes.
1-Farming charms into frags be reduced from 20 back to 15. Its tedious and 20 is a bit much.
2-Nerf the health of enemies Scosglen slightly. I have no objection to the enemies hitting hard, and that being tough, but having to move at a slow pace regardless of elite gear high end builds is frustrating. Especially when getting goodies from there is such a grind. Enemies having high health just makes it a grind too long and I lose interest after a while.
User avatar
Jampula
Gore Crawler
1517 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Newbking wrote:2-Nerf the health of enemies Scosglen slightly. I have no objection to the enemies hitting hard, and that being tough, but having to move at a slow pace regardless of elite gear high end builds is frustrating. Especially when getting goodies from there is such a grind. Enemies having high health just makes it a grind too long and I lose interest after a while.

Isn't that what MXL is all about. Increase all the healths of mobs so grind is longer and seasons last longer. :D
Newbking
Heretic
443 | 2
Jampula wrote:
Newbking wrote:2-Nerf the health of enemies Scosglen slightly. I have no objection to the enemies hitting hard, and that being tough, but having to move at a slow pace regardless of elite gear high end builds is frustrating. Especially when getting goodies from there is such a grind. Enemies having high health just makes it a grind too long and I lose interest after a while.

Isn't that what MXL is all about. Increase all the healths of mobs so grind is longer and seasons last longer. :D


The Risk-reward link, as well the time/effort-Reward link are broken in Scosglen. Corruption bonuses need to be improved significantly. Exp takes forever to grind. Rewards are underwhelming, all while having to grind down health bars that are insanely high. I feel (and some others likely agree) that the grind needs to be FUN. Due to this, not even sure its worth bothering with scosglen. Don't you agree? I respect the devs for all their hard work but cmon.. they need to bring back the fun to Scosglen.
User avatar
Taem
Kraken Guard
2306 | 113
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Lynderika wrote:
Taem wrote:My mind was slightly changed with the poison ww barb which has been fun since clvl 1. Only a few classes seem balanced for early game play to end game, such as totemancer, poison ww baba, and a select few others. I sincerely hope the devs address this because if they instead chose to nerf these classes which still retain a bit of the old MXL spirit in them, then seriously, fuck this mod, I will completely lose all respect for what they are doing.


See, to me, Whirlwind is the complete opposite of fun. Where is the fun of clicking one time and waiting for things to happen? To me, none. Yet you like it ; This is what build diversity is. The only builds I consider myself liking are the 4 I named above, and that's enough.


To this, I actually agree. I wish the Pali Incarnation had longer skill duration's like the Barbs, but I loved both him and my melee sorc, which both required a ton of skill switching during play. You are misunderstanding the point I was making by saying WW Barb still retained the old median feel... I was implying it is the funnest sub-class I have played so far, and retains the old MXL feel. You are reading way too deeply into that statement my friend.

Lynderika wrote:
Taem wrote:To ChewableTrash, play an older version of median, anything before Sigma has the absolute funnest skill tree choices that won't "pigeon hole" you into one specific tree. So far, the *only* class I've played that seems to have a level of "choice" in skill is the poison ww baba because those 40 skill points you would of had to invest into the ww tree can now be placed in more useful places giving you fucking variety... And the every skill you place a point into is useful and meaningful with immediate results not compliant explicitly on your fucking gear, but your skill as an actual character and intelligence as a player picking your skills. Don't get me wrong, to progress past harder ubers, it's still a gear check as always, but at least the game is fun and it doesn't take ten-thousand swings to kill a single enemy.


That's a point you already did in the past, I'll just reapeat that to me the 2.0+ trees are way better. What I see from my builds is that as a Naginata there's at least one useful skill in literally every trees, as always. That Mana sorc got more freedom from the removal of the "2 elemental choices" of the passives, meaning she can take the 2 passive you want as well as miasma, wintertide or the cold shield even. That Clawsin went from ass boring 1 button build to something really cool. That summon necro went from "I'm watching my 21545677 people army do thing while I drink tea" to something more interactive and fun. (I know that many can have fun with the big army, the possibility to do so should be there) (also the abyss knight nova needed fixing, no idea if it still does)


As with Anonymous, agree to disagree. I feel build diversity now is shoe-horned and far too restrictive.

Lynderika wrote:
Taem wrote:I suggest you try that class before this season is over, and if devs nerf the fun classes, then move on to a new game.


As a noob if my only approach to mxl would have been poison ww, be sure that I would not be there. But it's cool that you have fun, take your time ! But complaining about everything else without naming any exemples nor concrete explanation doesn't help anyone.


Are you serious right now? How about this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=72761