Σ 2.2.8 Patch Notes

Game news and forum updates
Gorghor
Bone Archer
77 | 4
Lots of specs still need major work, especially early game. Why isn't this a priority? Again this mod has so much potential, it just seems like the devs are out of touch and in a rut when it comes to creating an engaging experience from level 1 all the way to end game.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Gorghor wrote:Lots of specs still need major work, especially early game. Why isn't this a priority? Again this mod has so much potential, it just seems like the devs are out of touch and in a rut when it comes to creating an engaging experience from level 1 all the way to end game.

Many of us have said this most notably myself, however this particular patch was focused on relic reworking. I am pretty sure fine tuning the skills will be in upcoming patches. I am personally excited about the new relic changes myself and even though they didn't really touch the skills much, I am excited to see what they did focus on. You might not have been part of those relic conversation topics, but it is some very exciting news! I may be very vocal about my opinion on this mod because I love it so much, but I so long as the game is being improved and not destroyed, I'm onboard with the hard work the devs have poured into this patch. I will re-initiate my patreon pledge just as I said I would. So long as the game isn't being run into the ground, I will support it!
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Do ice elementals (sorc summons) cast the old or the new ice lance on attack?
Sardonic
Gravedigger
194 | 8
WW sin back at it with relic changes?? very interesting changes!!
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
QoL on point :D

Apocalypse change looks super cool (and perhaps OP, which is good). Hopefully it will be some gg fun.

Neles wrote:i hoped melee nec will get something like a boost or just something interesting :D

Same, version 2.1 melee nec sucks quite a lot. Defensively it's alright, but just not great speedfarming potential compared with other melee specs due to short Reaper uptime together with Angel of Death somewhat slowing it down further, on top of melee spec in general needing more investment compared with caster to be decent. Hopefully Continuity will fix it in 2.2.

Single Player and Multiplayer modes now share the same itemratio table, meaning the chance to find sets or uniques are now the same in both modes. The new rates are a middle ground of both, therefore meaning slightly increased unique/set chance in MP and slightly reduced in SP.

Oh, the punish...
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
p2w wrote:
Victor wrote:Stance relics removed :-o

No more continuous teleport with The Worshipper (glad I will be keeping my legacy one :))

Overall nice changes, feels like it will be fun. Thanks for the effort guys

they may change in non-ladder too ,be care

It will. Sorry =)
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Splargh wrote:Do ice elementals (sorc summons) cast the old or the new ice lance on attack?

New
boozek
Son of Lucion
736 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
suchbalance wrote:
Splargh wrote:Do ice elementals (sorc summons) cast the old or the new ice lance on attack?

New

Is it the same for all reworked oskills in items proc?
Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
suchbalance wrote:

New

Nice! And does the minion damage stat count toward the ewd-scaling-mechanic of ice lance when cast by minions (ice elemental and new summon avalanche)?
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
boozek wrote:Is it the same for all reworked oskills in items proc?

Yup

Splargh wrote:Nice! And does the minion damage stat count toward the ewd-scaling-mechanic of ice lance when cast by minions (ice elemental and new summon avalanche)?

For the new summon avalanche the scaling is on the tooltip. It also counts for the ice elementals.