Σ 2.3.0 Announced

Game news and forum updates
syllab
Jungle Hunter
27 | 5
Can't wait for more multiplayer only changes.
Ezergile
Invader
8 | 0
Even if Astro would be the only change, I would still applaud you, guys, because farming trophy for that ele pierce was a torture. Lazarus rework next HOPIUM...?
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Pinball wrote:Waiting for complaining, blaming and whinning.

Those people just need to move on to other things, cause they contribute nothing at all.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Relic (Champions of the Sun)
Relic
(Random class Only)
Required Level: 75
+(23 to 39) to Champions of the Sun
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Damage
Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
Relic (Elemental Totem)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+(3 to 8) to Elemental Totem
Elemental Resists +5%
+(2 to 4)% to Experience Gained
Relic (Skeletal Flayer)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+15% Elemental Spell Damage to Demon Blood Aura
+(17 to 35) to Skeletal Flayer
Maximum Life +(2 to 3)%
, such relics should be removed for being too op. They offer both players and their minions powerful buffs however without any side effects like blood fury.
IDK why devs still keep them alive or not nerf them.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
But are minion based builds OP? These relics are used the most in Totem & Summonec.And can these builds do Sam, Deimoss? Ofc Summonec can do Sam with 2VK but its not without using these summons lol.

Javazon + Paladin is being OP and ppl asking for nerfs only to summoner builds. Idk why...
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Summoner builds should be buffed, but those relics should be nerfed. Summoner builds should not just be strong by using champions of the sun relic. Once with those relics, totem & summoners being op. Buffing summon builds is welcome, but u have to admit those relics are op and should be removed, lol.
And javazon should be nerfed, ofc. I commented at the beginning of 2.2 version to nerf javazon, but devs just dont. And they still have no plan to nerf javazon in 2.3 patch ( just a tiny little nerf means nothing). Removing those relics has nothing to do with nerfing summon builds. Just buff summoners, it is welcome.
Not just those relics should be nerfed ofc, javazon, Azurewrath....just dont want to name them one by one, lol.
SilentSin
Cultist
23 | 3
MedianXL wrote:The spike in character progress granted by the deterministic nature of both Tiered Uniques and the ability to farm shards makes it all more difficult to accomplish a difficulty curve that feels streamlined both in gameplay and number scaling. While we are brainstorming ideas to address this issue in the long term, we continue to notice certain skills underperforming in the pre-30 level range.

A simple solution to over-farming shards would be to increase the number of shards required to make each crystal and give some more crystals from quests since they aren't repeatable. And currently there's nothing difficult enough in the early game to require farming anything anyway.

I'd really like to see the deterministic nature of tiered uniques reduced though, because it feels far too much like just making shopping list and buying exactly what you want instead of feeling any excitement over random drops. Random loot should evoke a sense of excitement for the possibility of finding something better, which doesn't happen if you're already crafted the best items you could have throughout most of the game. It also overlaps with Runewords in that you get to choose exactly what you want.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I've almost never Shrine Crafted an item that I ended up using because they're usually worse than the T4 Uniques I'm guaranteed to already have by that point. No farming or trading or anything, just disenchanting the regular Unique drops I naturally get throughout the game gives me enough crystals to make the main Tiered Uniques I need to steamroll everything until I start seeing Sacred Uniques and Sets. So with that in mind, I think it would be far more interesting to remove Tiered Unique crafting (or make it much more expensive) and move Shrine Crafting down to Tiered items.

Then the game would have:
  • Uniques and Sets - Require luck to get the right drops. Tiered stuff is a lucky boost while levelling and Sacred stuff is often best in slot end game gear.
  • Shrine Crafting - Require luck to get good rolls, but not as hard to get good stuff as farming a specific Unique or Set. These would fill out most of your gear until you find better stuff.
  • Runewords - Require multiple specific components to craft exactly what you want. These would sometimes fit a particular build well, but often be more of a fallback until you find something good.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SilentSin wrote:
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I've almost never Shrine Crafted an item that I ended up using because they're usually worse than the T4 Uniques I'm guaranteed to already have by that point.

What did I just read?
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
All I want is to bring back boss packs like in classic D2. I miss the randomness of mods and the thrill that I can die if ranged enemy has some strong mods. And better loot from them :/. Right now farming is just mindless at some point, since sometimes you just can't die at all.
Saibo
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Pinball wrote:But are minion based builds OP? These relics are used the most in Totem & Summonec.And can these builds do Sam, Deimoss? Ofc Summonec can do Sam with 2VK but its not without using these summons lol.

Javazon + Paladin is being OP and ppl asking for nerfs only to summoner builds. Idk why...

Paladin has been the most versatile and powerful class for many seasons, years, with his skills and items, he becomes a full-fledged OP. I don't know why they continue to give one class so much support and love. Javazon, received support very recently, but already the OP. Assassin and Druid also lasted on high ladders, how many seasons 1-2 and where are they now? The rest didn't sink much. (hurtful)