Σ 2.3.0 Announced

Game news and forum updates
Saibo
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Maybe you're right. But why doesn't the meta change then? There is also no build variability. I would like to see variety in classes and builds for the final game. We see only the same.
Pandemonium
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I mean, i always hop in/off from Median after a while but i can see what people mean when they talk about balance of specs and the meta.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I might be wrong, but I kinda feel like weapon damage based melee/ranged Assassin needs a better mechanism farming skill in late game, maybe sth like barb's earthquake. Same problem like melee pala, 100% weapon damage based Retaliate with no multi-hits is just of no use in late game, that is why nearly all melee palas have to use Cherubim in late game.

Throw sin has good AOE skills, like Maelstorm/Scorpin Blade, but both are just not strong enough to support her in labs. As a result, throw sin has to use Storm Crows/Wychwind + Broadside in labs, which is not a pleasant playing experience.

Batstrike has good damage, but 1 second CD. I dont know how many ppl actually can use Batstrike to farm t9/t10 labs....Also heavy piano playstyle. The only one I know is vit-based clawsin using a white zero socket claw with 11 Elemental Dominion on it...

Hades Gate feels good, but needs corpses. So not fit in labs. And also piano playstyle. Even without corpse problem, I dont think Hades Gate can farm high labs.

Newly-reworked Shunpo with 75% weapon damage is just not enough. Even with the short-CD Broadside from Zular Khan's Tempest, it is even not working well in scos. U cant rely on it to be ur main farming skill from my experience. Same like pounce. U can tell it from the price of Shunpo relic on market.

Whirlpool was once good, but not much used by ppl since the nerf. Black ice sin may still use it, but that is because she has no better choices....

ATMG? Not that good as a farming skill.

For lategame weapon damage based Assassin, I have to use skills like earthquake/Cherubim/Guard Tower from relics, they feel much better/more comfortable than her own ones. I wonder if she needs a more powerful/better mechanism farming skill in late game? Or maybe I just didnt play it right...
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
cnlnjzfjb wrote:I might be wrong, but I kinda feel like weapon damage based melee/ranged Assassin needs a better mechanism farming skill in late game, maybe sth like barb's earthquake. Same problem like melee pala, 100% weapon damage based Retaliate with no multi-hits is just of no use in late game, that is why nearly all melee palas have to use Cherubim in late game.

Throw sin has good AOE skills, like Maelstorm/Scorpin Blade, but both are just not strong enough to support her in labs. As a result, throw sin has to use Storm Crows/Wychwind + Broadside in labs, which is not a pleasant playing experience.

Batstrike has good damage, but 1 second CD. I dont know how many ppl actually can use Batstrike to farm t9/t10 labs....Also heavy piano playstyle. The only one I know is vit-based clawsin using a white zero socket claw with 11 Elemental Dominion on it...

Hades Gate feels good, but needs corpses. So not fit in labs. And also piano playstyle. Even without corpse problem, I dont think Hades Gate can farm high labs.

Newly-reworked Shunpo with 75% weapon damage is just not enough. Even with the short-CD Broadside from Zular Khan's Tempest, it is even not working well in scos. U cant rely on it to be ur main farming skill from my experience. Same like pounce. U can tell it from the price of Shunpo relic on market.

Whirlpool was once good, but not much used by ppl since the nerf. Black ice sin may still use it, but that is because she has no better choices....

ATMG? Not that good as a farming skill.

For lategame weapon damage based Assassin, I have to use skills like earthquake/Cherubim/Guard Tower from relics, they feel much better/more comfortable than her own ones. I wonder if she needs a more powerful/better mechanism farming skill in late game? Or maybe I just didnt play it right...

Whirlpool is still quite good, just what you need in high dense Labs, as long as you have decent damage. I use it in rotation along with Broadside and charged Strike for high lvl Labs. Whirlpool Broadside Whirlpool and finish things off with charged Strike. It is not super fast but it gets job done.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
But it is such piano-playing *snarf snarf*! If I can't hold my single finger killing everything the build is bad *snarf*!

Labs were the downfall (np. CoB - Downfall) of this mod. This announcement promises to fix that but we shall see...
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lol, i tried Whirlpool in Scos and seems that regular attack is far better than it :-D
The damage is same, but regular attack doesn't have a cooldown
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12
finally
Soul Reaver
Soul Reaver
Bonesplitter (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 82 to 84
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 120
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
-50% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+1 to Ravenous Flames
(65 to 75)% to All Attributes
+200 Life on Melee Attack
Requirements -100%
Socketed (6)
can be used :hammer:
Edited by Nheleo 1 year.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CaoBao wrote:Whirlpool is still quite good, just what you need in high dense Labs, as long as you have decent damage. I use it in rotation along with Broadside and charged Strike for high lvl Labs. Whirlpool Broadside Whirlpool and finish things off with charged Strike. It is not super fast but it gets job done.

Yeah, I know it works. Just not that fast. So the situation for many builds is, as ppl mentioned before, not just for sin: It feels either awkward or slow farming speed using ur own skills, u have to use skills from relics to be really good in late game. That feels weird. And that is, basically, still a balance problem: Why ppl would be willing to play some skill-switching but not that op builds when there are builds like javazon, Guard Tower barb out there?
We can see progress are made, like earthquake barb, it is appreciated. Ppl just need more.
Bayah
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Will this new season the Trapsin build have an improvement compared to the other builds?
vidok1
Imp
5 | 0
characters non-ladder will be compatible in 2.3.0?