Σ 2.3.0 Announced

Game news and forum updates
ChewableTrash
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wait, thats all that is changing?

So the early game slug fest, which is like 10% of your experience is getting revamped before adding more items for build diversity overall?

Hardly seems worth coming back this league if this is all...
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1437 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ChewableTrash wrote:Wait, thats all that is changing?

So the early game slug fest, which is like 10% of your experience is getting revamped before adding more items for build diversity overall?

That is not the changelog, that is just a preview.
Zaraki
Abomination
159 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
ChewableTrash wrote:Wait, thats all that is changing?

That is not the changelog, that is just a preview.

Well, if they were adding more content/build diversity, that would have been a bulletpoint, but w/e. New season will be fun regardless, especially with DLAB changes.

Also, the melee targeting definitely adds some diversity in and of itself. UHM for instance.
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
CaoBao wrote:Whirlpool is still quite good, just what you need in high dense Labs, as long as you have decent damage. I use it in rotation along with Broadside and charged Strike for high lvl Labs. Whirlpool Broadside Whirlpool and finish things off with charged Strike. It is not super fast but it gets job done.

Yeah, I know it works. Just not that fast. So the situation for many builds is, as ppl mentioned before, not just for sin: It feels either awkward or slow farming speed using ur own skills, u have to use skills from relics to be really good in late game. That feels weird. And that is, basically, still a balance problem: Why ppl would be willing to play some skill-switching but not that op builds when there are builds like javazon, Guard Tower barb out there?
We can see progress are made, like earthquake barb, it is appreciated. Ppl just need more.

High Labs are not meant for speed farming anyway. And as for build type it is matter of preference, some people love more active gameplay, some preffer 1 skill builds,it is up ti you to choose. However i agree that there is almost no innate aoe wdm skill on any character that i can say is impressive for endgame content. Thats why we have relics/runewords.
PitStains
Balrog
121 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Good stuff. Labs should feel much more rewarding now. Best DLAB builds?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
  • Several skills that triggered a buff on-attack have been converted to buffs: Shadow Refuge, Conflux, Moonstrike and Conquest

Did the shorter duration buffs (e.g. Moonstrike, Shadow Refuge) also get duration boosts to go along with this change?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I don't think so.... having 50 pr or 15% max hp+200-ish EWD buff for too long is op. Anyway it's a huge qol since don't need melee target anymore to refresh them (not a big problem for melee sorc but for ranged sins going melee is retarded).
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I may have misunderstood the change.

For some reason I was thinking "converted to buffs" meant these skills' attack components were being removed and they had to be cast now (fine for casters+rangers, but having to stop attacking to recast yet another buff every few seconds would be really annoying for melee). If an attack swing can still activate the buff though, then it's fine.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
In a matter of Shadow Refuge, it should be melee only, too strong to be a buff. Just like Moonstrike. If you want the extra survival you have to pay for it!
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CaoBao wrote:High Labs are not meant for speed farming anyway. And as for build type it is matter of preference, some people love more active gameplay, some preffer 1 skill builds,it is up ti you to choose. However i agree that there is almost no innate aoe wdm skill on any character that i can say is impressive for endgame content. Thats why we have relics/runewords.

Actually, I dont fully agree "High Labs are not meant for speed farming anyway." There are several builds that can farm t10 in a pretty good speed, I bet u must know. To say the least, u think all the lvl 150 chars are farming t10 with a slow speed, or the same speed? I dont think so. And from my tries on ladder or tests in sp or friends with lvl 150 chars on ladder, there is a notable difference of farming speed/operation difficulty/gear cost among those builds which can farm t10.

I agree ppl have different favors, ofc. And one can play whatever class/style he likes. But weaker builds are chosen less by players, powerful class/builds will be more popular, it is just a fact of statistics happening every season. And it is not about slow or fast, it is about balance. And that is why there are buffs/nerfs every season.