Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
masochista wrote:All I want is to bring back boss packs like in classic D2. I miss the randomness of mods and the thrill that I can die if ranged enemy has some strong mods. And better loot from them :/. Right now farming is just mindless at some point, since sometimes you just can't die at all.

Yes. More Veteran-like mobs that you actually have to either tactically kill or just run for your life. About farming, it's always mindless, this is ARPG after all.

Curious to see how "attack ground" works, I foresee nasty bugs.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bugs or not, I foresee revitalization of melee builds. And I definitly am not alone with this: this flexible labbing may be motivating - previously if you knew you were not capable of killing demioss and phoboss, there was no reason to show up at labs.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I just don't understand that thing about attack-ground.... skills still will be melee-ranged. I think maaaaaaaaaaaany players just overestimate this change... Bear druid already have this feature of attack ground.... is it overplayed? this feature won't make your melee skills being ranged.... you will just be able to cast it right in front of char with shift pressed. Nothing more.
PS: Except it will be possible to spam aoe skills like batstrike nova.. retaliate.. without need of going melee. Only profit i can see.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Saibo wrote:
Pinball wrote:But are minion based builds OP? These relics are used the most in Totem & Summonec.And can these builds do Sam, Deimoss? Ofc Summonec can do Sam with 2VK but its not without using these summons lol.

Javazon + Paladin is being OP and ppl asking for nerfs only to summoner builds. Idk why...

Paladin has been the most versatile and powerful class for many seasons, years, with his skills and items, he becomes a full-fledged OP. I don't know why they continue to give one class so much support and love. Javazon, received support very recently, but already the OP. Assassin and Druid also lasted on high ladders, how many seasons 1-2 and where are they now? The rest didn't sink much. (hurtful)

I think class balancing is pretty good for endgame actually apart from barbarian and amazon (all javazon). This ladder on hardcore for 141+ there were 4 paladins 5 sorceress 3 amazon 3 druid 5 necromancer 4 assassins and 1 barbarian. Hardcore builds tend to be less reliant on umo's and relic. In SC people gravitate around specific metas but there are plenty of other really strong builds its just that no one plays them. For example Melee sorc is 149 and Black ice sin with 26k life is on lvl 147.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Scalewinged wrote:...this feature won't make your melee skills being ranged.... you will just be able to cast it right in front of char with shift pressed. Nothing more.

It does more than that, you can actually aim/time SoR, Divine Judgement, Earthquake, Iceburst, Retaliate etc, even with glass-builds and against certain ubers that previously require deadly face-to-face-time.

midknight wrote:I think class balancing is pretty good for endgame actually apart from barbarian and amazon (all javazon). This ladder on hardcore for 141+ there were 4 paladins 5 sorceress 3 amazon 3 druid 5 necromancer 4 assassins and 1 barbarian. Hardcore builds tend to be less reliant on umo's and relic. In SC people gravitate around specific metas but there are plenty of other really strong builds its just that no one plays them. For example Melee sorc is 149 and Black ice sin with 26k life is on lvl 147.

Do people actually follow the ladder? In my eyes it's just for people who have too much time and TG. It doesn't tell anything about balance.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Jampula wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:...this feature won't make your melee skills being ranged.... you will just be able to cast it right in front of char with shift pressed. Nothing more.

It does more than that, you can actually aim/time SoR, Divine Judgement, Earthquake, Iceburst, Retaliate etc, even with glass-builds and against certain ubers that previously require deadly face-to-face-time.

midknight wrote:I think class balancing is pretty good for endgame actually apart from barbarian and amazon (all javazon). This ladder on hardcore for 141+ there were 4 paladins 5 sorceress 3 amazon 3 druid 5 necromancer 4 assassins and 1 barbarian. Hardcore builds tend to be less reliant on umo's and relic. In SC people gravitate around specific metas but there are plenty of other really strong builds its just that no one plays them. For example Melee sorc is 149 and Black ice sin with 26k life is on lvl 147.

Do people actually follow the ladder? In my eyes it's just for people who have too much time and TG. It doesn't tell anything about balance.

TG is pretty useless in HC. A lot of people complain about balancing when they dont even know what builds there are that do endgame.
Saibo
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
midknight wrote:
Saibo wrote:
Pinball wrote:But are minion based builds OP? These relics are used the most in Totem & Summonec.And can these builds do Sam, Deimoss? Ofc Summonec can do Sam with 2VK but its not without using these summons lol.

Javazon + Paladin is being OP and ppl asking for nerfs only to summoner builds. Idk why...

Paladin has been the most versatile and powerful class for many seasons, years, with his skills and items, he becomes a full-fledged OP. I don't know why they continue to give one class so much support and love. Javazon, received support very recently, but already the OP. Assassin and Druid also lasted on high ladders, how many seasons 1-2 and where are they now? The rest didn't sink much. (hurtful)

I think class balancing is pretty good for endgame actually apart from barbarian and amazon (all javazon). This ladder on hardcore for 141+ there were 4 paladins 5 sorceress 3 amazon 3 druid 5 necromancer 4 assassins and 1 barbarian. Hardcore builds tend to be less reliant on umo's and relic. In SC people gravitate around specific metas but there are plenty of other really strong builds its just that no one plays them. For example Melee sorc is 149 and Black ice sin with 26k life is on lvl 147.

How many builds (and build variations for each class) can go through, say, 10 labs? How about killing Deimos at least 60%? I do not argue that these areas require better equipment. But even this is not a guarantee of this. On the example of the Paladin, this is very well traced. Paladin is in the OP stage? (as Pinball pointed out) He worked as a cameraman for a long time. It should have been rewatched many seasons ago. Yes, there is also Javazon, but she felt the power only recently. What about others? And what about the level?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Jampula wrote:

Yep. Imo, this is the most appealing thing about "attack ground." Really hoping it opens up new ways to play melee more strategically, especially with delayed skills.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
There are at least 20 builds that can do up to labs 8 umoless and relic less and all the builds need at least 2 plus ssu's. tier 9 and 10 labs typically require heavy gearing since it is the hardest content of all here so it makes sense for it to be very hard and typically require umos relics support to do them. Deimoss requires very high damage builds on 100% difficulty since he has over 800k hp, 1.5% regen per second, 140 damage divisor. Deimoss is do able on easy difficulty but require high player skill and knowledge. If everyone can kill Deimoss easily ladder would finish in a week. I have a thread on hardcore viable builds and i am sure there more. Its just everyone plays the same meta.
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Balancing can always be better for sure, but for a patch update I wouldn't get your hopes up on all of a sudden there are 45 plus viable builds to do tier 8 labs ( there are at least 10 more sc viable builds but i didnt include them in my overview of hc builds). Javazon for sure is OP since i think its the only build that can do Samuel umoless and with only 3 ssu's.