MXLS: Development Progress

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
PhoenixRising wrote:Based on the mass amount of work needed to make Sigma happen, wouldn't it be far simpler to either make your own game, or take a different engine ( Starcraft 2 for instance?)

what are you waiting for then? do it if it's so simple to you. looking forward to see your game
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
arkolyno wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:Based on the mass amount of work needed to make Sigma happen, wouldn't it be far simpler to either make your own game, or take a different engine ( Starcraft 2 for instance?)

what are you waiting for then? do it if it's so simple to you. looking forward to see your game

Unnecessary rudeness.
PhoenixRising
Stone Warrior
32 | 7
I am amazed at the amount of rudeness to a simple question. Diablo 2 is a fantastic game, with an insanely crappy engine. Why do you think development is taking so long? ( Not a complaint in any way, i get why its taking longer, since its essence reverse-engineering and breaking limits of an engine). That is why i asked: Wouldn't it be quicker to make it in SC2 since that engine already has mods based around Diablo 2 or similar. Its not bashing at all. Also, i would be super surprised if Marco / Whist hadn't already discussed this possibility.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
just take note that making game is hard work regardless what the engine.
you have factor various type of asset like graphic, audio, mechanic, network, particle, and maybe 3d model if 3d game etc
which generally you need people with knowledge for those part as well as more people with bigger game.

since whist is mainly programmer, so reworking d2 engine is easier than creating new from scratch
as we can reuse asset that already exist from diablo series to be implemented in sigma
i have some experience doing some games in the past, you need bigger team, time and money generally than modding.
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
iwansquall wrote:
since whist is mainly programmer, so reworking d2 engine is easier than creating new from scratch
as we can reuse asset that already exist from diablo series to be implemented in sigma
i have some experience doing some games in the past, you need bigger team, time and money generally than modding.

Finally someone who thinks before speaking.

The human resource,time and money is everything.
So yeah anything is easy when you have those . So please , to the guys that cry when someone doesn't share their opinion, first think , then complain about rudeness. I don't know why you felt the need to cry. You said a ineptitude and I provoked you to carry it out if you claim it's so easy.
Maybe donate some money and then expect better result.
Have some respect please.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
arkolyno wrote:Finally someone who thinks before speaking.

The human resource,time and money is everything.
So yeah anything is easy when you have those . So please , to the guys that cry when someone doesn't share their opinion, first think , then complain about rudeness. I don't know why you felt the need to cry. You said a ineptitude and I provoked you to carry it out if you claim it's so easy.
Maybe donate some money and then expect better result.
Have some respect please.

It has nothing to do with not sharing an opinion, or "crying". They were asking a legitimate question about whether or not it would be easier to do it a different way. Youre just being an asshole.
david1865
Vampiress
38 | 0
Are there any available screenshots from alpha testing phase?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 124
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
david1865 wrote:Are there any available screenshots from alpha testing phase?

Only the ones provided in discord by marco.
david1865
Vampiress
38 | 0
I only saw 1 screenshot in #announcements, are there more screenshots coming in the next days?

How is going the testing phase? Any impressions about the new gameplay?
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
The overall gameplay feels nice. New resolution also comes with a lot of pros, however the new engine still has some minor problems that cause apparently random crashes that need to be sorted out first. I cannot give more information to the content but you can expect alot new useful hotkeys a new way of playing the game and new balance between characters. I still estimate that the beta lasts for some time until everyone can finally enjoy sigma.