MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
mosamo wrote:
iwansquall wrote:High amount of repeating patterns kinda triggered me lol. I wonder if you could play around adding overlay.
I tried to make the bg picture more washed out, but seem addition of clouds might make it more breathtaking.

YES! Pounce-sin is back.

Pls... All those screenshots are about testing (btw sin already have pounce on SSSSU nagi.. no?) so you can see here Stormblast-based Necromancer wand zon :)
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
"you received a notification"

fml, it is not about my photoshop skill "sadface".
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
iwansquall wrote:"you received a notification"

fml, it is not about my photoshop skill "sadface".

I actually liked your idea as well. If I sent you the original texture image, would you like to apply your improvement to it?
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
can give it a try, but I do need to know how the big picture are. it seem like it have small resolution + repeating pattern to it.
Worst case is probably make it less obvious of repeating patterns.

and Im abit curious about how did arcane sanctuary was done? was it various layers of transparent sprite that move around the screen or it just 1 big gif?
I noticed it have different speed of the stars in the background.
If that the case, then a transparent layer of clouds could be done i think.

Example of fullscreen gif.
► Show Spoiler
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
iwansquall wrote:can give it a try, but I do need to know how the big picture are. it seem like it have small resolution + repeating pattern to it.
Worst case is probably make it less obvious of repeating patterns.

and Im abit curious about how did arcane sanctuary was done? was it various layers of transparent sprite that move around the screen or it just 1 big gif?
I noticed it have different speed of the stars in the background.
If that the case, then a transparent layer of clouds could be done i think.

Example of fullscreen gif.
► Show Spoiler

Arcane's sanctuary stars are actually not images but generated by a particle generator. D2 has a particle generator for a few things in-game, like rain and snow for example. The image for the summit parallax view is 1024x768, I'll send you the image tomorrow, see what you can do with it
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
ScarletEdge wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:I get this prob with other mods too, so hope this game can be an independent game not a mod anymore.

I'm no dev but I think you're missing the whole point of the part where this is supposed to be a D2 mod.

i remember reading somewhere about this being an independent tittle and not relating to d2/blizzard.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Those new sigma screenshots will make me donate some soon. Even though I don't have a job at the moment. You guys deserve it. Is there already any period available when we can expect to start playing the first Sigma? Somewhere early 2018 I assume?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
chickenfeeder wrote:
ScarletEdge wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:I get this prob with other mods too, so hope this game can be an independent game not a mod anymore.

I'm no dev but I think you're missing the whole point of the part where this is supposed to be a D2 mod.

i remember reading somewhere about this being an independent tittle and not relating to d2/blizzard.

Even if you take away every line coded by Blizzard from the game itself, the entire thing is still based on stories, lores and books that I'm pretty sure are from the D2 universe. Sort of like when Dota changed the names and back stories of every hero that was from the Warcraft universe before releasing them in Dota2.
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Scalewinged wrote:
mosamo wrote:
iwansquall wrote:High amount of repeating patterns kinda triggered me lol. I wonder if you could play around adding overlay.
I tried to make the bg picture more washed out, but seem addition of clouds might make it more breathtaking.

YES! Pounce-sin is back.

Pls... All those screenshots are about testing (btw sin already have pounce on SSSSU nagi.. no?) so you can see here Stormblast-based Necromancer wand zon :)

Darn guess I look like an idiot now lol
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I need more info on if I can play around with particle engine or not.
Simple result from using particle editor in Unity.

Download Link Below:
Arreat Summit Background Unity Test
Too bad google removed direct hosting link (so you dont need to download to preview the html5 build).
I couldve upload the exe, but it is same regardless. Just a small preview.

*Hmm, doesnt work for some reason. Wait a moment

**Nvm, apparently google drive hate Free download manager for some reason. And dangit, chrome hate local based html5 unity file for some reason. Use Mozilla Firefox instead.