MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
whist wrote:The code handling boss fight lifebars has be rewritten from scratch. The first implementation of this was kind of sloppy and limited, and even had a few bugs. Along with the contribution of our favorite GFX artist Inertia, here's how it looks now

Single boss fight. The little orbs you see under the lifebar represents the boss' immunities (immune to all here for testing purposes)

And additionally, multiple boss fights no longer need to be hardcoded to work, the code handles it dynamically, as seen here

GREATNESS
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Pub wrote:With the sprite limit removed, will the game still be laggy while sound is enabled? I know with sound off you can prevent lag issues ingame (Dcow runs for example is a good way to experience said lag).

The sprite limit and lag caused by the sound code are two different issues. And D2 has many more issues of this kind, as a matter of fact. You know, it's actually an accumulation of badly optimized code here and there that ends up making the game lag like it does. In MXLS, we slowly replace them, one by one, and eventually we might have a game with modern performance. Of course this is a long term project and it will be spanned across many MXLS patches, but so far I'm happy with the improvements we've done on this side and I know we can continue to push it further.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
High amount of repeating patterns kinda triggered me lol. I wonder if you could play around adding overlay.
I tried to make the bg picture more washed out, but seem addition of clouds might make it more breathtaking.

Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
iwansquall wrote:High amount of repeating patterns kinda triggered me lol. I wonder if you could play around adding overlay.
I tried to make the bg picture more washed out, but seem addition of clouds might make it more breathtaking.

► Show Spoiler

Damn, clouds make it look even more amazing than it already was. Nice job! Now, if only the cloud overlay could have some kind of scrolling animation like the background in the Arcane Sanctuary...
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
stupid Q: i see graphics have been improved quite a bit, will this get its own launcher? the current m2017 is unplayable for me without d2se but with d2se i always experient frame drop/sprite. I get this prob with other mods too, so hope this game can be an independent game not a mod anymore. Also, will it have its own high res options?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
chickenfeeder wrote:I get this prob with other mods too, so hope this game can be an independent game not a mod anymore.

I'm no dev but I think you're missing the whole point of the part where this is supposed to be a D2 mod.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
chickenfeeder wrote:stupid Q: i see graphics have been improved quite a bit, will this get its own launcher? the current m2017 is unplayable for me without d2se but with d2se i always experient frame drop/sprite. I get this prob with other mods too, so hope this game can be an independent game not a mod anymore. Also, will it have its own high res options?

MXL already has its own launcher.

Go and try asking seltsamuel if he can tell whist how he fixed all those bugs the d2 engine has with a mere 3rd party program. I asked him and he didn't want to tell me as if he didn't want to make that public as this would mean d2se was basically meaningless, but he's still working on a new version for the past 3 years so I can understand him.

The devs of mxl are still changing the engine so let's just hope they can fix any issues in the next few years to come.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
whist wrote:
Pub wrote:With the sprite limit removed, will the game still be laggy while sound is enabled? I know with sound off you can prevent lag issues ingame (Dcow runs for example is a good way to experience said lag).

The sprite limit and lag caused by the sound code are two different issues. And D2 has many more issues of this kind, as a matter of fact. You know, it's actually an accumulation of badly optimized code here and there that ends up making the game lag like it does. In MXLS, we slowly replace them, one by one, and eventually we might have a game with modern performance. Of course this is a long term project and it will be spanned across many MXLS patches, but so far I'm happy with the improvements we've done on this side and I know we can continue to push it further.

Good stuff. I could only imagine what you guys are going through having to address each of the issues individually. Keep it up!
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Man I'm hyped to play this next year!!
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
iwansquall wrote:High amount of repeating patterns kinda triggered me lol. I wonder if you could play around adding overlay.

YES! Pounce-sin is back.