Druid rant. Traprat. Respeccing. Done with druid. Unbalanced game. Switching to necromancer. Summoner.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
300th post spam.
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
HechtHeftig wrote:Okay now I'm finally back from a busy day and can elaborate my opinion better:

Every character is different. And thus every character has a different difficulty. Necromancer is by far the easiest character to play, but that doesn't make him OP. Because what you say annoys you (respeccing) is what a necromancer needs in order to do every uber. It's like that with every character. Some builds simply suck at doing certain ubers because of their mechanics. It's the same for every class. That's why you better switch to a different build in order to do it more easily. And that's not a problem at all since the devs willingly decided to keep the mechanic of respeccing going istead of completely erasing the possiblity for us to respec. It's a part of the game. Deal with it. (Especially since you have 3 wdm options on druid. You basically only have to switch out the weapon)

Necromancer summoner for example can't do triune. If you walk--> your totems die--> you lose all your buffs --> very slow progression. Eventually you get swarmed, while a huge chunk of your summons die to basically invisible meteors. --> You dead.
If you teleport --> you may kill a bunch of stuff --> you still don't see the meteors --> due to many obstacles you can't teleport and get stuck --> meteor comes--> you dead

So even the so called OP summoner necro can't do one of the most important farming spots. (cycles can add lots of MF after all. Hence youre general farming isn't as effective as with other builds/characters)

The only positive thing is: you don't need much gear and it's relatively safe. 2 points why a newbie should use my guide. However this build won't reach the clearspeeds of other characters and builds. (for example summoner barb is much faster in toraya, Harbinger wolf druid is much faster in fauzt, stampede barb is much faster in dunc and the list goes on... PLUS they can have cycles and thus much more MF and thus in general a better farming experience)

Anyway what I'm seeing is: Many people come here for a challenge. Hence they don't play summoner or totem nec because it's simply too boring for them.
However you are a lazy person who expects the game to give you everything for free. I'm not criticizing you because I'm the same. Or at least, I was. You know, usually I did around half of the ubers and then stopped playing because I felt overwhelmed and didn't want to put much effort into the game. And this is quite sad considering that I play this game since Median 2008(!). However creating a guide got me motivated and I did most of the ubers in my guide for the first time as well. And I noticed that you only have to find out a strategy in order to do them.

And this part is important. You sometimes have to rely on the experience of other players and veterans. You sometimes have to take in their hints and actually do it.

However, you don't want to get any hints.

fkfhnis wrote:Also i'm not even going to accept help with specific ubers to understand what I may be doing completely wrong and could do differently.

So you completely lack any intention of working for what you want. I get this because I'm the same. But this attitude can't last forever. This attitude will only make you fail life in general. So I really hope you're different in RL.

Anyway. Face your failures. Accept help. Improve.

The game industy has made players soft simply because you get everything you want without much effort, so it's a big change when you finally see Median where you are faced with challenges. Challenging challenges.

However there's always a way around it and the people on this forum can help you with gear and strategy in order to make it as easy as possible to you.

And concerning Feeles: Dude, there are times where you simply don't want anyone to know what you're actually doing. Don't call him a liar for keeping a well-deserved secret for himself. What if he's on therapy like I was? I was 6 months gone from home with only 1 possible internet connection. And that came from my phone and cost me 5€/day for unlimited volume. What if he has cancer? At least I wouldn't spend my last days on earth playing a freaking game.

What I'm trying to say is: Don't call people liars without knowing anything about them. Life is a bitch and can fuck anyone. So it's only clear that a game is not mandatory. Give him time. He'll update as soon as he can.

Triune: Can't we just clear the first room constantly for cycles? I've only ever seen 1 tower in the first room.
Fautz: Clearspeed does NOT matter. Afk farm till you get 1 ghal rune, and you're done with fautz.
Toraja: We don't need anything from here.
As for MF, what's the point when I am already open to afk farming? Put mf gear on, go to anywhere with easy to kill mobs for summoner with mf gear on, afk farm and just come back every 20 minutes and see what you get. I get a lot of sacred uniques without any mf anyways when I played my druid.
Afk farming is just so effortless and overpowered of course i'm going to abuse it rather than playing legit.

When I said I didn't want any help I meant for druid/traprat. I am absolutely done with druid and didn't want people to waste their time trying to help me understand what I could do better and what i'm doing wrong.

As for feeles, I was excited to finally see a 2017 guide on the class I want. Then all of a sudden he goes missing for weeks. All my hopes of seeing the end game ubers done with the build I was playing were gone.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Triune: Can't we just clear the first room constantly for cycles? I've only ever seen 1 tower in the first room.
Fautz: Clearspeed does NOT matter. Afk farm till you get 1 ghal rune, and you're done with fautz.
Toraja: We don't need anything from here.
As for MF, what's the point when I am already open to afk farming? Put mf gear on, go to anywhere with easy to kill mobs for summoner with mf gear on, afk farm and just come back every 20 minutes and see what you get. I get a lot of sacred uniques without any mf anyways when I played my druid.
Afk farming is just so effortless and overpowered of course i'm going to abuse it rather than playing legit.

When I said I didn't want any help I meant for druid/traprat. I am absolutely done with druid and didn't want people to waste their time trying to help me understand what I could do better and what i'm doing wrong.

As for feeles, I was excited to finally see a 2017 guide on the class I want. Then all of a sudden he goes missing for weeks. All my hopes of seeing the end game ubers done with the build I was playing were gone.[/quote]

interesting points.. afk farming is like botting but rly summoning monsters with dark summoning you get much less uniques in 10 hours than i do 3 TA runs in 10 minutes. Even more. where is the efficiensy in that what were talking earlier :D

What comes to feeles and traprat. Trap rat is one of the most non complex characters in median. it's not that hard to do ubers with him. if you want i can tell you how to do them with him or even make videos for it if needed :) also it aint feeles's fault that he needs to take vacation from game. also its not his job to be here :P
New_Fag
Acid Prince
47 | 1
Tkorpi wrote:

i but rly summoning monsters with dark summoning you get much less uniques in 10 hours than i do 3 TA runs in 10 minutes.

As a fellow dudu who jumped on the bandwagon. TA on wolf dudu feelsgoodman.

On a related note to OP tho, I have the opposite problem because I can't bring myself to reroll a new char. I've found a lot of good uniques but the builds I could make with them would be a worse farmer than wolf dudu so they just sit in stash rotting lol. I probably need to buckle down and get more creative.
Edited by New_Fag 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Meh. Dark Summoning every 5 seconds to kill one monster > killing 20-25 every 5 seconds without having to use Dark Summoning. :wall: :wall:
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
L H wrote:Meh. Dark Summoning every 5 seconds to kill one monster > killing 20-25 every 5 seconds without having to use Dark Summoning. :wall: :wall:

I don't have to respec, I don't have to regear, I don't even have to play the game to get items. FeelsGoodMan
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If you don't have to play, then why play? That's the entire core of this thread, I think.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
This mod is about respeccing, especially If you want get charms.
I noticed this over the years, some people refuse to respec, and are trying to beat the game with 1 spec (wow mentality?). And that usually leads to frustration, where some builds are just bad at certain things, and other are borderline impossible.
Treat those beladonna elixirs as valuable drop, because it literally unlocks your way to next charms, as you optimize your build.
Even classes that are known being "op" at getting charms, use respec heavily.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
fkfhnis wrote:
L H wrote:Meh. Dark Summoning every 5 seconds to kill one monster > killing 20-25 every 5 seconds without having to use Dark Summoning. :wall: :wall:

I don't have to respec, I don't have to regear, I don't even have to play the game to get items. FeelsGoodMan

Then why did you make this thread?
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i did yshari with trap rat before in patch xiv. it should be even easier now. all you need is 1 extra pt in rain of fire 1pt acid fiends 1 good staff with pierce skills spell damage and the rest is just normal trap rat spec.
also i recommend 1 spare pt in treewarden for faster cast speed vs the final boss which i forgot to put when i did it so it was more difficult and annoying so heed my advice.
you might need to respec for that once (maybe you can do den of evil or skill signets so you wont need to), but apart from those extras you can do it with trap rat.

/e: actually meph takes only dmg from magic ye? not sure how i did that back then, might have been some from gear or nova shot back then which did magic dmg