Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cowking wrote:Remove all rng from rathma square. Right now it's the most yawn inducing element in the game during bad rng streak. Utter disrespecting waste of player time. It's not hard, it's not fun, the loot is shit and +1 all skills is a pathetic increase in player power, it doesn't even have any effect on tg market. Did making jitan drop chance 100% break the game? No, and that's actually a vastly superior lottery (currently taking less time due to no rng).

I'm running wolf stance + ecstatic frenzy with 216 FRW and I'd probably /wrists if I had to run rathma nearly 20 times to lottery one ring of disengagement once on lesser frw.

Please run rathma square 200 times after your FRW nerfs. I dare you.

Was confused you were talking about the +1 skills from Rathma Square cause the charm doesn't have it. Realized you were talking about the lottery.

To add, Khalimgrad's RNG is pretty atrocious for the charm. It was bumped to 1/9 from 1/12 but still feels like 1/1000. Maybe make it 1/5 or 1/4 (obviously not 100% drop), but many people just farm the first avatar over the top wall and remake the game til they get it. Maybe reduce the number of avatars in the level and give a higher drop chance slightly? Not force players to, but nudge them to travel further into the level than just one teleport.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Necrolyte Hailstorm is a bit too godlike. It can marginally out DPS me in most cases, and he casts it constantly.

But then his Hunting Banshee and Venemous Spirit are pretty terrible. I'd go with a marginal nerf to his hailstorm, and a slight buff to HB again, and buff VS much higher, since it's a very slow single target missile.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Baal fight isn't overly difficult, just annoying as shit with how often he teleports or uses that black nova (which you want to move away from, at which point he uses it where you find a safe spot cause it seems he uses it from range more often than near melee).

Another note about it, why are all the other act bosses so trivial compared to him? apart from being the ultimate end game boss of the storyline, the whole game was centered around Diablo. Maybe make Diablo (probably hardcoded so not possible, but still suggestion for future) appear in some type of arena where you can't just pre-spam attacks and kill in half a second. Other act bosses for being act bosses are pretty awful too.

QT is anti-melee originally with his close range trinity nova madness. What was the reason to include the bone spear novas besides to make it less of a meme fight? It made it bad for melee to worse for melee and basically shouts "respec". I don't mind the idea behind the bone novas, don't get me wrong. It's just so painfully random and you can never see shit from his trinity beam acrsos the screen at all times and the giant fireworks created at their target (cant even see character standing still inside the beam), and hive clouds as well. Could there be a way to help predict when you'll need to move away? similar to Astro's frozen orb has the little cold whirl above his head right before he uses the orb?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yay! On last Uldy stage kill got this precious..
Upd: just got all the same error window on Diablo kill in Yshari.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies

None of melee sorc skills work with jared stones. If it's intended - very sad and clearly melee sorc needs better melee oskills than gorefest, ect.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Fixed in 1.1.3

L H wrote:Baal fight isn't overly difficult, just annoying as shit with how often he teleports or uses that black nova (which you want to move away from, at which point he uses it where you find a safe spot cause it seems he uses it from range more often than near melee).

Another note about it, why are all the other act bosses so trivial compared to him? apart from being the ultimate end game boss of the storyline, the whole game was centered around Diablo. Maybe make Diablo (probably hardcoded so not possible, but still suggestion for future) appear in some type of arena where you can't just pre-spam attacks and kill in half a second. Other act bosses for being act bosses are pretty awful too.

QT is anti-melee originally with his close range trinity nova madness. What was the reason to include the bone spear novas besides to make it less of a meme fight? It made it bad for melee to worse for melee and basically shouts "respec". I don't mind the idea behind the bone novas, don't get me wrong. It's just so painfully random and you can never see shit from his trinity beam acrsos the screen at all times and the giant fireworks created at their target (cant even see character standing still inside the beam), and hive clouds as well. Could there be a way to help predict when you'll need to move away? similar to Astro's frozen orb has the little cold whirl above his head right before he uses the orb?

Teleport on damage cannot be removed because otherwise many AI would only use 1 skill if there was anything in their melee range. For example Baal would stop using all his other skills apart from the fire nova. The point is not to annoy players, but to work around D2's limitations as best we can to still make an interesting fight.

Other bosses are weaker because killing them is necessary for story/act progression.

QT was always anti melee so making him even more anti melee didn't change anything. If you don't spam too much or don't use high multihit attacks he won't proc nova as much.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
suchbalance wrote:Fixed in 1.1.3

Thanks. I will gather some left over sets and try this 1.1.3 again.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:Teleport on damage cannot be removed because otherwise many AI would only use 1 skill if there was anything in their melee range. For example Baal would stop using all his other skills apart from the fire nova. The point is not to annoy players, but to work around D2's limitations as best we can to still make an interesting fight.

Other bosses are weaker because killing them is necessary for story/act progression.

QT was always anti melee so making him even more anti melee didn't change anything. If you don't spam too much or don't use high multihit attacks he won't proc nova as much.

I mean I was able to do it with Carnage, but literally swing once, then run away just in the event of that haha nova.

For Baal, is it possible that the chance to tele is slightly reduced then? I don't know what the % chanc eis at the moment, but for example if it was 10% now, it gets changed to 8%? There's only so much that can be done with his fight and the changes to it were nice. It's much more rewarding now, despite the lowly drops :D I heard someone request the other night that the LC0 Harkon charm becomes a Baal reward drop now. Interesting thought maybe. In current season, most people kill baal just for dcows and fools gold (which are pretty negligible if you can just join a game that someone opened the portal already) and many many people leveled 121 in TA cause they didn't bother with dbaal.

I'm not really making accusations for changes, more just observations at this point. I'm curious to see what kind of things will come in later patches and when current game limitations aren't limitations anymore.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:Another note about it, why are all the other act bosses so trivial compared to him? apart from being the ultimate end game boss of the storyline, the whole game was centered around Diablo. Maybe make Diablo (probably hardcoded so not possible, but still suggestion for future) appear in some type of arena where you can't just pre-spam attacks and kill in half a second. Other act bosses for being act bosses are pretty awful too.

TBH, it really depends on the build you're playing. Any melee build easily kills them, mostly because then the act bosses are unable to use their spells. ranged builds have a bit of a disadvantage here (if they aren't playing with a merc or summons)

Andariel has her meteor shower, which makes you run out of her range asap.

Duriel has fortress, which requires you to run in a circle in order to avoid the damage.

Mephisto can nearly instagib you when he lowers your resist and casts that ice spell (I think it was called countdown) so you have to watch out for that.

And diablo... tbh before hatred difficulty was trivialized and before Baal got his rework, this was the hardest of the 5 act bosses. First he stuns you forever, then you get hit by a flamestrike. This was/is really annoying with many non-standard 24/7 rickroll builds. And in hatred difficulty he used to do so much damage in melee range that you had to retreat at some point, which made him stun you forever and burn you to ashes again.

What I'm saying is: they are not hard if you know how to play against them. And imho this is very newby-friendly. That way newbies are taught to use different strategies in different situations.

It's just that the changes from the last few patches have greatly taken away some of their deadliness (both, overly strong builds and trivialization of hatred difficulty)

A buff to those bosses would only benefit the game, if those bosses required new strategies in order to kill them imo
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
suchbalance wrote:Other bosses are weaker because killing them is necessary for story/act progression.

mmh... technically Baal is necessary for progression too, not has much as others but it's just as essential (especially here in Median) if you want to progress difficulty or gain access to Cow Level. I agree other act bosses should not be on par with him but they still could use a big upgrade on their health pool, especially Diablo who is already penalized by the arena.

suchbalance wrote:QT was always anti melee so making him even more anti melee didn't change anything. If you don't spam too much or don't use high multihit attacks he won't proc nova as much.

Ofc it takes extra caution and patience to kill him as a melee but in my opinion the fight should be reworked to facilitate melee and to differentiate it from some sort of Death Projector with added rng