Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sarcinda wrote:Alright I'll try to farm and get some arcane crystals so I can start making some tiered uniques and stuff before I try this again. When you say flat damage reduction, you mean stuff that says "Damage taken reduced by 30" instead of "Damage taken reduced by 30%" right? I'm guessing that's because of one of the mechanics you were talking about? Is there any good material I can read to get a better understanding of this quest and the strategies involved? I've tried searching youtube videos, but Median XL videos seem to be rare and out of date.

Yes, Gheed and other NPC's are selling mystic orb with Damage Reduced by 6 so on each jewelry piece you can stack up to 30 from mystic orbs (only x5 same mystic orbs type can be applied on same item), if item had affix with that stat already then you can go higher.

By mechanics I meant in general AI and skills enemies are using and available improvements which mod are offering for your gear.

Here you got all necessary informations to finish LC1
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/levelchallenge1
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ruubel wrote:I rushed a palyer and he did not get any xp from my kills. All requirements filled, ofc. He only got xp from his own kills . WTF? Tried cows, etc, nothing.

Hes under level 25 I guess.[/quote]

That was the reason.

Btw, terror ancients req is 40, hatred 25

so, for rushing, there is no point to be under lvl at terror 40 - you practically do not get xp from the party, tcows help.
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
Alright and one more thing. I recently got a Flowerspring (Stag Bow) and upgraded it to tier 3. However, the stats on the item are tier 1 not tier 3. It has the 3 next to the name to indicate it is indeed tier 3, and even has the 168 Dexterity requirement. But it still has 15% chance to cast level 6 Death Blossom and all the other stats that come with tier 1. What did I do wrong?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sarcinda wrote:Alright and one more thing. I recently got a Flowerspring (Stag Bow) and upgraded it to tier 3. However, the stats on the item are tier 1 not tier 3. It has the 3 next to the name to indicate it is indeed tier 3, and even has the 168 Dexterity requirement. But it still has 15% chance to cast level 6 Death Blossom and all the other stats that come with tier 1. What did I do wrong?

Add a Rune to the recipe. AC-only just uptiers the base item. AC+Rune uptiers the stats, too.
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
Oh crap. Can I fix it or is my item broken now? I completely forgot the rune.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sarcinda wrote:Oh crap. Can I fix it or is my item broken now? I completely forgot the rune.

When you will uptier it again with proper recipe it will be fixed for next tier version including all bonuses unique got.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sprow wrote:you cant reroll rare items anymoar
you can . with the rare downlevel recipe . just that the stats on the items will not be so godly due to the low ilvl . however you can't use it for rolling jewels , rings or amulets .
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Sarcinda wrote:Oh crap. Can I fix it or is my item broken now? I completely forgot the rune.

Cube bow + 2 AC + oil enhancement. That will reroll the bow to correct affix etc.
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
bump
Edited by lordnecro 5 years.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
I played around with EF and SF items a bit. Tried to find the optimal stat distribution for my UHC to gain as much SD bonus as possible (the sum of EF and SF bonus).
Is it intended that the sum of SF and EF bonus is capped at 200%? I always thought that you gain extra SD from SF, even if your EF part is capped already...