Returning after 7-8 years

Discuss Median XL!
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello everyone.
I am returning to Median XL after trying it for few months in 2013-2014. I am having a blast. Managed to get my Cold Sorc to L130 and now farming Duncraig. However I have started on Single Player, and after reading the forum found out about The Sin War and of course the upcoming MXL 2.0 update. I am super hyped for this and will play in The Sin War after the update of course.

Second I wanted to thank the Devs and the awesome forum members here for the guides and other helfpful information.

Now my question, somewhere I've read, that with the 2.0 update the chars will be wiped, this is ok for me. But I am not quite sure If I should continue playing my cold sorc right now. So I wanted to ask, what are the people here doing before the update hits? Other idea is, should I try the Sin War and try to find new friends to play with after the update?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Welcome back!

Of course you can continue playing your sorc. It will probably take another month before the next update is released. It's usually announced 2 weeks prior to the release, so that should give you enough time to find out more about how the boss fights work/have changed over the years, which in turn will give you an easier time when 2.0 hits the servers.

You can of course start playing on TSW as well. There's currently a goblin season going on, which allows you to find charms, relics (cotw), and other things that are usually accessible only later on as random drops from those goblins. I'm not sure how many people still play on TSW though. Usually the player numbers peak in the first 2-4 weeks of the season and the last ladder reset was sometime in January if I remember correctly.
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Well thanks. I guess I am starting tomorrow morning in sin war :)
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You're welcome and have fun :)
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Forget about speed leveling in tcows from 40 to 120... rush has left us some patchs ago X.x
(Just to clarify... no more T cows :P)
And now there are some áreas you have to be a certain level to enter... and some áreas locks after some time, so you cant return in the same game if you die.... you cant make easy money by socketing runes in throwing weapons... AND... most of ubers entraces have changed, so make sure you read the docs.... The rest is still the same but a lot of things have changed since u have last played, but i'm sure you gonna love it ^^
Neocode
Invader
8 | 0
Damn, I remember playing Median back in school in 2008-2009 when it was being developed by Laz. No realms, only SP. Still remember my druid rocking with lvl 90 Tremor (now its oskill iirc)
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for clarifications. Like I Said, I have managed already to get to l130 with cold sorc in single Player. Tonight, at Something Like 17:00-18:00 european time i Start my cold sorc in the sin war. To practice for Update 2.0 I guess. It would be awesome, If Somebody would Join me.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
woww nice!

If the dammit resident 8 haven't launched today i would join u, but i think i'm gonna loose some time playing it :P

But when the next ladder reset happens, call me and i will join u o/
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So I've started Sin War. Account name is voddel. Char name is ColdCalamity, game name is new_start.
Feel free to join!
Greetings.

EDIT: normal complete. L50 now.