Training dummy

Discuss Median XL!
Fellerd
Thunder Beetle
58 | 11
Scalewinged wrote:
Fellerd wrote:Some time ago I played a few mods that had floating dmg text whenever you hit something.If that could be implemented,you could calculate how much your dps is

With nature of MXL which have sometimes loooooot of hits per second - it would be just an endless numbers spam. I think Wulf idea is the most vable. But again, it's not really needed since you can test your damage on existed bosses. Like i'm seeing how fast i kill Gris to see how fast i can kill Butcher and if i have enough dps (once i hit 105) and so on.

Fair point.Maybe it's not such a good idea after all.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What's wrong with the old fashion way of: Face the enemy and hit it... if you kill means that ur dmg is enought... if u don't just come back, get better gear and try again until you be able to kill it o/
SainteCroquette
Dark Huntress
13 | 8
I believe the idea was to obtain a defined value, one that can be store, compared, etc... In quite a few cases having those numbers will help you knowing what's best, even more if the difference isn't that noticeable (but isn't playing mxl about optimization?)
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
That kind of dummy would be pretty cool to have on certain situations. Like before the Samael fight. Same hp and resistances/regen values. Just to see if your dps stand any chance against him, without attacks to dodge. Wasting cube reagents to him on a crafted build with good survivability just to realize damage is irrelevant.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have always hated these number-thingies. If you get killed you lack in some form of def, if you can't kill mobs or boss you need more dmg or other strategy. You don't need numbers for that.
Azenoth
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I would love a training dummy of some sort. I used to use Azmodan as a training dummy but it becomes less ideal when you are at the end game and you kill him very fast, making it hard to compare upgrades.