Σ 2.5 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
metasequoia
Gravedigger
198 | 19
Necromancer Nightwalker passive might be bugged (or is it a hidden feature?).

Poison length reduction as the skill states (at lvl 15): 60%. Char sheet reads: 168%.
I've checked my inventory and there's literally zero charms or relics on me with poison length reduction on it.

BUT: I've got +9 to all and +18 to class skills, and removing one skill level reduces the value by 4%.

so (9+18)*4% = 108%; + 60% = 168%, voila, hidden slvl bonus.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:About Sam fight:

It is not a 2.5 thing, but existed long before cause I already met them when I did the fight before. And I have also seen these bugs in other players vids.

This season I did like more than 30 Sam fight runs and suffered a lot from bug death, so I want to suggest to fix these bugs.

1. The magic pentagram's visual effect missed sometimes. The visual effect was not out or gone and players got killed after the invisible pentagram exploded since they couldnt see it. This bug also exists in Heart of Darkness fight phase1 from my experience.

2. U dont get the immune effect sometimes no matter u walk/run into or teleport into the pentagram, no matter earlier or later, move or stand still, it just happens. It is the most common problem in Sam fight. It is like even u run into or teleport into it early, and move around within the pentagram or just stand still. U still have a chance to not get the immune effect from the pentagram and then die.

3. The fire cycle's visual effect does not catch up with Sam's move. I guess it is because of Sam's teleport. She teleports with u and releases the fire cycle, but for some reason, the fire cycle's visual effect stays in the place before she teleports when the visual effect is supposed to follow u. U thought u were out of the fire cycle but then u were fired to death (Not fire dmg, I suppose, physical dmg). I dont know if it is a bug or just because of my lag high. It also happens in Heart of Darkness fight phase1 sometimes.

Really hope some fix to it in next patch. If u r a sorc, u probably wont give a shit to these bugs, since u just finish it in 2-3 mins, like wyrd/melee sorc with endgame gear. It is so easy for them. It is also easy for some assasin builds. But for builds which cant do it in 3-4 mins (bds like scorpion sin not included), esp like those with high hitting frequency (boss teleports a lot) and have to finish it beyond 8 mins, they will commonly meet with these annoying bugs.

what you mention is about distortion . you need to TP a lot to keep your position same as on server. I never believe in my eyes on sam fight
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RyougiShiki wrote:

It is not a 2.5 thing, but existed long before cause I already met them when I did the fight before. And I have also seen these bugs in other players vids.

This season I did like more than 30 Sam fight runs and suffered a lot from bug death, so I want to suggest to fix these bugs.

1. The magic pentagram's visual effect missed sometimes. The visual effect was not out or gone and players got killed after the invisible pentagram exploded since they couldnt see it. This bug also exists in Heart of Darkness fight phase1 from my experience.

2. U dont get the immune effect sometimes no matter u walk/run into or teleport into the pentagram, no matter earlier or later, move or stand still, it just happens. It is the most common problem in Sam fight. It is like even u run into or teleport into it early, and move around within the pentagram or just stand still. U still have a chance to not get the immune effect from the pentagram and then die.

3. The fire cycle's visual effect does not catch up with Sam's move. I guess it is because of Sam's teleport. She teleports with u and releases the fire cycle, but for some reason, the fire cycle's visual effect stays in the place before she teleports when the visual effect is supposed to follow u. U thought u were out of the fire cycle but then u were fired to death (Not fire dmg, I suppose, physical dmg). I dont know if it is a bug or just because of my lag high. It also happens in Heart of Darkness fight phase1 sometimes.

Really hope some fix to it in next patch. If u r a sorc, u probably wont give a shit to these bugs, since u just finish it in 2-3 mins, like wyrd/melee sorc with endgame gear. It is so easy for them. It is also easy for some assasin builds. But for builds which cant do it in 3-4 mins (bds like scorpion sin not included), esp like those with high hitting frequency (boss teleports a lot) and have to finish it beyond 8 mins, they will commonly meet with these annoying bugs.

what you mention is about distortion . you need to TP a lot to keep your position same as on server. I never believe in my eyes on sam fight

Thx, bro. Yeah, I did hear about TP could make it better. I cant say it not helps at all. There are many times I TP into the pentagram and die. Maybe I should try to TP constantly like every 5-10 secs. I guess it will be annoying, but at least better than bug death.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
RyougiShiki wrote:

Thx, bro. Yeah, I did hear about TP could make it better. I cant say it not helps at all. There are many times I TP into the pentagram and die. Maybe I should try to TP constantly like every 5-10 secs. I guess it will be annoying, but at least better than bug death.

well if you want to min max your dmg, you need to tp anyway. caz you have to wait the last 0.1 second until his skill apply dmg. whatever playstyle you choose, use TP to dodge and go into pentagram will never be wrong in this fight. The distortion problem is extremally serious idk why, but this is ez to solve as I mention, just TP
metasequoia
Gravedigger
198 | 19
Is it possible to reduce excessive sound hell and lagginess from Toxotes projectiles?

the sound keeps playing way after they are dead and at least for me without a new performance PC and occasionally bad connection, its no fun, especially because a) i like the immersion of original game sound and b) they hang around in all the areas where you have to be frequently for farming (trophies, riftstones 1, Oils) or trespassing (Invasion quests). I would love that :)
ruuki
Mangler
496 | 2
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
When do you fix the paladin relic unholy +40% stats, bro?
Sarasvati
Skeleton
2 | 0
I don't know if what I'm about to show has already been reported. I hadn't played for several months; I updated, and later I encountered many problems in the description of skills, in that of items, enemies, etc., it became unplayable!
I post some example if i can (first time here):

► Show Spoiler

I would call it the "ith bug", since the name of the ith rune appears instead of names and descriptions. some prefixes carry the name of some skills, items, etc., such as zerae's holy wath. some mobs carry in the name a text excerpt from a dialogue I think, which has to do with the iron wolves. a mess.

how can i solve?

if the images are not seen I can try again if someone can explain to me the correct way.

Other example
► Show Spoiler
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Sarasvati wrote:how can i solve?

Hai provato a rimuovere i file per la traduzione? dubito sia aggiornata
Sarasvati
Skeleton
2 | 0
thank you Requiemlux, it was the translation. sei Italiano?
YunMin
Skeleton
3 | 1
Hello, not sure if these were already reported, but I played Unholy caster Warlock this season and found some issues. Firstly, both the butcher and the uber version are permanently in their "fresh meat" state when you enter the fight, making it more challenging at the early character stages( this happened at lvl 105 as well as later on). Secondly, changing Slayer's colour to something darker would be a great help for fights such as Riftwalker or Navigator, since their lightning circle attacks look very similar and you can't easily tell if there is something beneath you. Thanks for your great work on this mod.