Melee Necro stuck at Terror Nihlitak's temple

Discuss Median XL!
Darkonen
Imp
5 | 0
My first character (lvl 113) currently in terror and I basicly get 1 shot from everything there (damn Steel fur titans and shamans).

Currently in Deathlord form I have around:
100k defence
5,5k HP
75 all resists,
1.2k STR
433 DEX
Base VIT/ENERGY

Weapons: Sacred Raptor Scythe "Chthon"

Putting points into: Deathlord,Parasite,Famine,Dragonfire oil,Embalming,Angel of Death. Ultimate skill: Death ward

I would take screenshots but I can't print screen (I get black screen with random pixels).
Any advice, I am kinda new to this.

P.S. I tried to farm Special boxes for Rhatma's set but it's too tedious, got only boots at the moment.
Edited by Darkonen 8 years.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
The titans have thorns. Hitting them with physical damage will kill you quite quickly. Avoid them.
Darkonen
Imp
5 | 0
whist wrote:The titans have thorns. Hitting them with physical damage will kill you quite quickly. Avoid them.

Tried, I need to clear entire thing to proceed or else I am just getting swarmed. I tried to force my companion to kill them but she's so squishy (Only 20k Defence) I did it with a success but not for long.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
20 points into Parasite (44 total targets) is enough to see that the parasite missile hits many other mobs around you. Try to separate stormlings from the shaman, kill them. You can put 1 point into the 1st skill in the totem tree, so that you can destroy the corpses. Also some people say that RIP modifier can preventshamans from casting Fairy Ring, but I haven't tested it myself.

Razor Fur Titans should be avoided, because they carry their aura to adjacent monsters. If you cannot separate other mobs from titans, just leave them behind your back.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The Steel Fur Titans have a thorns aura. You hit them, you die. Really annoying.

The freaking Shaman is another beast - out of his dead comrades he casts Faerie ring (Amazon Spell) which lasts for some seconds and deals massive damage. His lightning wall isn't weak either, even will full resistances.

Deal with it strategically, do something ranged for the Titans (You could for example gamble a rare amulet - reroll it with Oil of renewal until you get Hailstorm or another Oskill, then buy some armor pieces from the vendors, craft them with a sacrificial candle and heart - now you have a bunch of empty heroric items, buy ice spell damage and enemy ice resistance mystic orbs and cube them in there, now you have a set of items which is just useful for these annoying enemies.)

And for the shaman just do it slowly, make him cast the ring until no corpses are left then deal with him solo. Or you can also lure the guys away run past them and kick his ass. Or use this recipe:
Any item + Catalyst of Destruction + Arcane Crystal → returns item with R.I.P. modifier + Catalyst of Destruction

With it slain enemies rest in peace, he won't be able to cast his ring. Unfortunately you won't be able to get reanimates, so just use it against him and Nilathak.
Edited by Nitz 8 years.
Darkonen
Imp
5 | 0
Thanks for replies. Any suggestions on gear? I haven't found a single Sacred unique, Shrines are a mystery for me and what's the difference between shrines and Runewords or do they stacks? Also T6 Unique Armor vs T6 Runeword armor.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Darkonen wrote:Thanks for replies. Any suggestions on gear? I haven't found a single Sacred unique, Shrines are a mystery for me and what's the difference between shrines and Runewords or do they stacks? Also T6 Unique Armor vs T6 Runeword armor.

This is more of a question for the short questions thread, I will answer it anyways.

http://docs.median-xl.com/

http://www.medianxl.com/t11-shrine-crafting-thread

Depending on the itemlvl of the sacred rare item you shrine you will get some modifiers and the shrine bonus + full sockets and double MO effect. They are better than rares, that's all. They also have incredible potential to be better than uniques.

Runewords just work on grey items - T1-6 and sacred. Shrines just work on rare sacred items. Runewords are much easier to make than it is to find uniques. 2 times the same rune = 1 higher rune. 1 Rune without anything in the cube = 1 lower rune - Once you can defeat Griswold on terror you can make most runewords.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
And of course Stealthmasters great guide:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=554

I have always played more xbov necro to start with.
Abats
Stone Warrior
30 | 2
I had the same problem, I just I skipped that quest and went to do other..
I wanted to quickly get into the Destruction :)
Melkor
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
For gear make erawan (nih rw) in highest sacred armor type that you find, belt will be truce (vith rw), featherclaw (tu chain gloves), helm - best option at this stage is Witchunters hood (cap from assassin elemental set) for boots - creepy shrine craft with Whirlpool oskill. Amulet - rare with ctc Banish +skills and +Hp, rings - rare with +1skill and ctc Unseelie curse - all moed with -enemy fire/poison resist.
Keep Chthon - best weapon for desrtoying high density areas :mrgreen:
For jewels - 1 indestructible in scythe, armor and belt - rest ber crafted (+hp, res, attack speed, fhr, %strength, max damage and attack rating are the properties to aim for)
Also dont bother with terror nihlathak - complete the black road challenge and get the easy charms in destruction (respec to totemnecro if you experience difficulty - there is a guide on the old forum - move back to melee afterwards). Next you can start farming K3kba & Tran Athulua (getting the trophy there is a must). Once you have around 200+ stat signets eaten try Duncraig, with 350+ stat sigs try Fauztinville , Bremmtown and Vizjun.
Good luck :wink: