Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
cerber
Prowler
18 | 0
Rainb0w wrote:I have a questions about Honorific items.

So i'm about to make my first Honorific gloves. Should i go for T1 gloves or T6? Should i just buy random gloves from Charsi for example or is it better to buy specific gloves?

Old post on this:
http://www.medianxl.com/t1919-guide-on- ... every-char

Now: MO limit is 5, single resists MOs are for jewellery only now and you can't lucky oil spam. I personally don't see T6 worth it, given you can't find them early on to avoid waste of Arcade crystals. MOs cost is bearable as you level up to upgrade the T1s. If you use honorific gloves, their defense rating shouldn't be the one you would rely on.

Lyyn wrote:
Well im not talking about honorific items, I mean earlier there was a MO that had lite 2% chance to give item double MO effects. Vendors are not selling them anymore. So my question is if those MOs are obtainable somewhere else or completely removed.

AFAIK it used to be any MO that had a chance to trigger it, then it was the oil of luck, which used to be spammable, now you can only use it once per item and idk whether it still has the 2% chance. I think you can disenchant to low quality item to remove the single luck try and raise quality again to repeat. I would test it first if I were you, though. Even then the chance is too low for so many steps (1x oil of luck > fail > pendant(?) of destruction + rune > 2x oil of enchantment > repeat) and then if it DOES work, you'll need good base stats, for which you would need so much spam of oil of renewal to get good stats AND 0-max sockets at the same time (any number in between means you can't punch more sockets)

Fumbles wrote:The modsbylaz link you referenced is very very old, specifically two forums ago. That site isn't being updated anymore. With the M2017 patch the docs needed a big update which is currently in progress. It looks like the items sections are complete or near complete as far as the affix adjustments are concerned. I've posted the link for the docs below which can also be accessed through the [GAME] tab at the top of the page.

Crafted jewels can still be used for runewords and I've personally used them this patch so maybe you can elaborate further as to why its not working. Rerolling rare item was removed and that info is available in the change log, which happens to be the splash page of the documentation. It also lists the changes/rework for mystic orbs.

https://docs.median-xl.com/

Some guides (on this forum) are being updated btw. But a proper update requires a full play-through + gearing, which takes time.

Well I have seen the documentation, but that's not an item list, it is a changelog that makes it really hard to look up item stats and affixes. I guess the new list hasn't been published yet, so I've been following the old one for what I could confirm to not be changed.

As for crafted jewels- I did an experiment so I don't waste my valuable ones, but it didn't work. Thinking about it now I might have, in my rush, purchased a magic axe ( store-bought 2-socketed ones are all magic, I think), thus failing. I will need to re-run the test making sure I use a normal item with punched sockets.

I do see updates, but as one of the authors mentioned- content no longer in the game can be removed to avoid confusion. Challenge and Ubers could have very basic strategies to warn against hazards not present before ( for instance the removal of blink skill makes Kurast 3000BA much more of a pain for characters without alternative ones(like tantrumdin). Same goes for Countess minigame considering the removal of the summoning skill.

Btw what are all the non-character-specific alternatives to blink? Skysiege is the only one I know of currently that also has an attack built-in, which is super, but it's hard to attain. Any other options?
Edited by cerber 6 years.
skazord
Prowler
19 | 0
Quick question, since I still have this page open: I'm at Terror Act 4 and still haven't found any belts with more than 2 lines of pots. Do these only appear at later tiers/rarities? I confess I haven't actually tried upgrading one yet. Just wondering. Thanks
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
skazord wrote:Quick question, since I still have this page open: I'm at Terror Act 4 and still haven't found any belts with more than 2 lines of pots. Do these only appear at later tiers/rarities? I confess I haven't actually tried upgrading one yet. Just wondering. Thanks

The number of rows of potions in a belt depends on the tier of the belt, same as any other item with sockets. The higher the tier, the closer it gets to max rows or sockets.
Jakkt
Rust Claw
85 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Can fairy ring initiate procs?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Jakkt wrote:Can fairy ring initiate procs?

On striking/on kill
xeimaster08
Bone Archer
78 | 0
Jampula wrote:
► Show Spoiler

She's sexier. :)
Amazon has her gimmicks too. She's overall faster than superbeast in every way especially in hit/block recovery (besides that 1 frame cast difference), can have "automatic" 50% slow every attacker that can be abused with Fire Elementals, War Spirit dealing passive weapon dmg is handy when dealing with purify bosses, Spellbind is an awesome sadly so underused curse, nowadays she propably ends up with more defence too. And she's sexier.

+1 on:
"And she's sexier"

On the side note, yeah Spellbind is actually an awesome spell I actually use it tho I never knew it was underused and about the Fire Elementals inheriting the "slow passive", won't they die too easily to actually benefit from that? I feel like their more of a liability than an asset because of constant resummon (which i hate haha).
wasabimousse
Vampiress
37 | 0
i got so confused about challenges/minigames/ubers and I am level 85 without my class charm. Char ruined? (-:
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
xeimaster08 wrote:On the side note, yeah Spellbind is actually an awesome spell I actually use it tho I never knew it was underused and about the Fire Elementals inheriting the "slow passive", won't they die too easily to actually benefit from that? I feel like their more of a liability than an asset because of constant resummon (which i hate haha).

Yeah. I got 75% Minion res, 60% or more Minion life, and they can't survive anywhere near the other summons of other classes, like Sorc. Sorc's blades are freaking crazy good. I love them. I like that all minions got buffed, but best minions are physical resistant minions. (And minions with 35k hp like the blades)
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
wasabimousse wrote:i got so confused about challenges/minigames/ubers and I am level 85 without my class charm. Char ruined? (-:

make a fresh lvl 1 char with the same class like your 'ruined' char, and let him cube CC with a jewel (mule/twink).
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
wasabimousse wrote:i got so confused about challenges/minigames/ubers and I am level 85 without my class charm. Char ruined? (-:

No! Your character is not ruined, unless you don't have your elemental prism. Then it's probably ruined. Just make a lvl 1 character of the same class, give it Class charm + Jewel, and have that new character cube it. Tada! Ennead bypassed!

Edit: Ninja'd. :c