Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
TheUnderling wrote:Several questions:
1. Does laek/maek work for spells?

1. Yes. That's the only way to leech for casters.

Anyway, I got a question myself: Since the docs have been updated, I'm missing the "shrines" page. Will that be added back into the docs or do we really need to figure out what each shrine does on our own?

I'm trying to figure out which shrines add cold and fire spell damage and -efr and -ecr and which one adds minion life and resist
Edited by HechtHeftig 6 years.
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:
TheUnderling wrote:Several questions:
1. Does laek/maek work for spells?
2. Can you dodge melee attacks if you move your character out of the way? If yes, does that mean you can dodge attacks with skills like pounce?
3. Does skills like pounce/shunpo/harbringer compromise your defense to monsters you land on top of?
I feel like whenever I pounce on top of a pack of elites they all are able to hit me even though their hit chance is 5%, so I instantly die.

1. Yes. That's the only way to leech for casters.

How much is regular regen worth?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
1. YEp it will heal you on pointed number (10 laek will give you 10 life for each killed monster by spells or whatever except summons/totems)
2. Attack "landing" only when animation is finished so ye - it could work but that's not much because most of attack animations for monsters are faster than you can pounce/run away.
3. Not sure here but i'm pretty sure it's just because of too many monsters atk u, you get "hit recovery", othher monsters have time to hit you even more.... in result u die

Regular regen worth only for mana IMO.. Life going away too fast so replenish life not helping too much (but still helping abit) or you need really huge numbers like from living flame sorc passive.

PS: Also about shrine bonuses: https://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVI_Do ... rines.html
But these could be changed
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
I really don't understand these red/yellow dungeons and the uber skills on the skill page and how you get them. I read somewhere that you need to be at a certain level to do them? Is there a page somewhere that's detailed about all this stuff? Thanks.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
garth_hendy wrote:I really don't understand these red/yellow dungeons and the uber skills on the skill page and how you get them. I read somewhere that you need to be at a certain level to do them? Is there a page somewhere that's detailed about all this stuff? Thanks.

In the docs under quests - dungeon uberquests etc.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
garth_hendy wrote:I really don't understand these red/yellow dungeons and the uber skills on the skill page and how you get them. I read somewhere that you need to be at a certain level to do them? Is there a page somewhere that's detailed about all this stuff? Thanks.

Apart from certain challenges that require a certain max level to complete them, uber areas have no char lvl limit. All you need is to go to the guide section, where guidemakers pointed out which uber areas have easy, moderate, hard or very hard difficulty. Again, it depends on what char you are playing.
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
Is there anything about hit recovery other than that you can't do anything? Like getting hit more often?
Also, can you still block while in block recovery?
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Using the SpeedCalc, what numbers do I enter for FHR if I have: 91 FHR (Wild and Free), 60 FHR (Gear), 20 FHR (Elemental Prism?). If I enter 91/80 in skill/item section, it says -70 FHR (I have too much), if I don't enter anything, it say you need 174 to hit 4 frames, 600 to hit 3.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
BTracer wrote:Using the SpeedCalc, what numbers do I enter for FHR if I have: 91 FHR (Wild and Free), 60 FHR (Gear), 20 FHR (Elemental Prism?). If I enter 91/80 in skill/item section, it says -70 FHR (I have too much), if I don't enter anything, it say you need 174 to hit 4 frames, 600 to hit 3.

You need 174 to get 4. If you have 175 it says -1 to get 4 which means you have 1 more.
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
There was a mention of a gear setup for something like 80-90% reduced vendor prices. I'm only in A5 hatred so all I have access to the Summit RW, only saw that modifier on a handful of sacred uniques. Anything else I can do this early, or just wait till later in game?

Not that gold is an issue, I can easily rack up several hundred thousand running Sunless Sea. Good lord that auto gold pickup is the best thing added to this mod.