Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Khacnam
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
ShadowDawn wrote:
Khacnam wrote:Can someone show me how to get Catalyst of Disenchanment and Destruction plz!
I just sold it :((
Thanks you!

CATALYST OF DISENCHANTMENT: now drops from The Smith on Hatred difficulty
CATALYST OF DESTRUCTION: now drops from Hephasto the Armorer on Hatred difficulty
CATALYST OF LEARNING: now drops from Izual on Terror difficulty

Thanks u so much!
Khacnam
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
iamdaedalus wrote:
Khacnam wrote:And where can I can find unique or set items? Which is the best? Set items or runeword?
Thanks you!

Unique items can/will, as in vanilla, drop throughout the game normally.
Usually people farm Grisworld in Tristram for the preferred uniques, and upgrade them along the way. Set item wont drop in Hatred Difficulty as far as I know.

Now im at Destruction Difficulty but not had good items :(
Which is the easy way to get or craft or upgade items
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Khacnam wrote:Now im at Destruction Difficulty but not had good items :(

Here is how you can get some better gear:

Farm Arcane Crystals and make/upgrade your own uniques: Check here for more info https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

For easy arcane crystals: Farm Mephisto Nihlithak on hatred. They drop 2 and 3 uniques each time.

Farm high tier/sacred base items and make runewords suited for your build. See if you can find a Tcow game and loot the ground for sacred base items.

Use Shrines (You should have found a few) on Sacred Rare items to make crafted items.
fists
Invader
8 | 1
Hi to all,

Is the modifier "-<value> to Monster Defense per Hit" usefull ? Does it stack if I hit mutiple times? Does it work on bosses/uberbosses?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
fists wrote:Hi to all,

Is the modifier "-<value> to Monster Defense per Hit" usefull ? Does it stack if I hit mutiple times? Does it work on bosses/uberbosses?

This will help you:
https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Basic

Yes, it stacks and any thing hitting will have a higher chance to hit. Yes it works on bosses/uber.

Its usually not considered a good stat, but in high amounts it could be useful.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
KratosTheAxeman
Pit Knight
101 | 3
How exactly do you deal with the arrow traps in Tran Athulua on Destruction? I remember the guide said you are supposed to dodge them; but it seems to me that there is little to no warning or delay in them firing off after you kill an Amazon. That, on top of the fact that I'm using a Melee Character, and there is so much shit going on everywhere; makes expecting someone to know when they are coming, and run the hell away unreasonable. Is there something in particular I should do to avoid being turned to giblets by arrow traps?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
KratosTheAxeman wrote:How exactly do you deal with the arrow traps in Tran Athulua on Destruction? I remember the guide said you are supposed to dodge them; but it seems to me that there is little to no warning or delay in them firing off after you kill an Amazon. That, on top of the fact that I'm using a Melee Character, and there is so much shit going on everywhere; makes expecting someone to know when they are coming, and run the hell away unreasonable. Is there something in particular I should do to avoid being turned to giblets by arrow traps?

arrow trap is actually amazons' on death proc. Either use reanimates as meatshields to magnet arrowside proc on them instead of you or teleport away after seeing a burst of arrows.
Artaxias
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Some questions guys,

Playing as an unholy Paladin, level 57 but was wondering what I should be doing with my runes. I uptiered the items I got from Griswald to T3 but I'm still rolling with a yellow chestpiece. Is it a safe idea to use the cube and try to upgrade it to a unique ? Would it only randomize the items for my Pala class ? I seem to be enjoying the game greatly but I'm lost on when to use the cube and what's worth cubing. Also, what's an "honorific" item ? Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!
Khacnam
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
ShadowDawn wrote:
Khacnam wrote:Now im at Destruction Difficulty but not had good items :(

Here is how you can get some better gear:

Farm Arcane Crystals and make/upgrade your own uniques: Check here for more info https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

For easy arcane crystals: Farm Mephisto Nihlithak on hatred. They drop 2 and 3 uniques each time.

Farm high tier/sacred base items and make runewords suited for your build. See if you can find a Tcow game and loot the ground for sacred base items.

Use Shrines (You should have found a few) on Sacred Rare items to make crafted items.

Ohh thanks u.
One more question, which items is the best, runeword or set items or uniques ...
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Artaxias wrote:Is it a safe idea to use the cube and try to upgrade it to a unique ? Would it only randomize the items for my Pala class ? I seem to be enjoying the game greatly but I'm lost on when to use the cube and what's worth cubing. Also, what's an "honorific" item ? Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated! :)

Upgrading to unique, have a look here to see what resulting unique you will get: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques

Here is a page with cube recipes: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

As for Honorific: It's a green item that's completely clear of stats, but will receive double bonus from Orbs sold at vendors.

You can use them to get specific stats that you are looking for, such as resist, minion life/resist etc.