Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Crema
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
I was thinking about getting one of the Kabraxis' runewords on my sorc. specifically
Brocken (Xis)

So two questions there:

1. The runeword says "Crystal Swords" - does that mean that it's NOT going to work in a warp blade? Because there aren't any warp blade specific runewords.

2. Does it still work like other runewords - that i can put in 4 jewels and then the Ist + Kabraxis' rune? Or does the weapon have to have 2 sockets only?

I know that it sounds kinda stupid - but i want to make sure, because i cannot unsocket it afterwards.
coolstorybro28
Acid Prince
46 | 0
is there somewhere good to get shrines and sacred rares in terror?
Customs
Thunder Beetle
56 | 13
1. It says Sorceress Crystal Swords, which means only warp blade.

2. I think so (never used one). Also remember any Xis Rune RW requires level 121.
johngolf
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm trying to make Lojban runeword in a Flamen Staff, but having trouble finding a Sacred Flamen Staff. Does it need to be sacred? And if not are they any advantages to using a sacred base?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
johngolf wrote:I'm trying to make Lojban runeword in a Flamen Staff, but having trouble finding a Sacred Flamen Staff. Does it need to be sacred? And if not are they any advantages to using a sacred base?

There's no reason to use a sacred item for a caster weapon. You won't need the increase in weapon base damage from tier 6 to superior if you're going to be focusing on spell damage, not weapon damage. Just use a tier 6 for max sockets in the staff.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crema wrote:I was thinking about getting one of the Kabraxis' runewords on my sorc. specifically
Brocken (Xis)

So two questions there:

1. The runeword says "Crystal Swords" - does that mean that it's NOT going to work in a warp blade? Because there aren't any warp blade specific runewords.

Brocken (Xis)
says Sorceress Crystals Swords, meaning Warp Blade only.

Crema wrote:2. Does it still work like other runewords - that i can put in 4 jewels and then the Ist + Kabraxis' rune? Or does the weapon have to have 2 sockets only?

As many jewels as you need, as long as the last two sockets are IstXis.
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
villur wrote:Three question about werewolf druid skill mechanics

1.So harbinger teleports to a minion and spawns a entity that shoots out crows which each deals 45% wdm and converts some of that to magic dmg. Shouldn't each of the crows trigger an "on striking" proc? I was jumping around with albrecht for a few levels and didn't see a single arrow proc. Maybe I was blind? Also while the teleport has the melee attack animation it doesn't actually do a "melee attack" right?

2. Twisted claw spawns a tornado that hits multiple times a second. How many times a second does it hit and is the tornado considered a melee attack or ranged? I saw it triggering crushing blow and was wondering if it dealt ranged CB or melee CB dmg? And again, what kind of procs can it trigger? Does it do a "melee attack" which then spawns a tornado or it just plays the melee attack animation while summoning the tornado?

3.To get the most dmg possible I should prioritize crushing blow and high weapon damage and dump everything into str?

1. I'm just gonna go with you being blind. :D It should proc on striking... I asked a similar question regarding pounce, it only procs on striking.
2. That depends on its Next Delay or ND. Afaik, you can only find an outdated list of NDs on the old docs. Most projectiles (the tornadoes) can only proc on striking. Assuming they can't proc on melee, it should be considered ranged CB.
3. From what I've read in numerous guides, most WDM builds either go for a lot of procs or high weapon damage. Only some builds like tantrum builds use CB a lot, but that's because tantrum hit once per frame (25 times a second). So unless twisted claw hits as frequently, you shouldn't focus on CB.
Arenin
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Odd question, I'm playing a Lazydin build and have a helm with 'Hierodule' runeword for the Sorceress Morph, but when I equip the helmet, my character model disappears, except for an arm and the weapon, and I have to re-equip my other items to see the character model normally, is this supposed to happen, or is there a way to stop this from happening? ;-|
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Arenin wrote:Odd question, I'm playing a Lazydin build and have a helm with 'Hierodule' runeword for the Sorceress Morph, but when I equip the helmet, my character model disappears, except for an arm and the weapon, and I have to re-equip my other items to see the character model normally, is this supposed to happen, or is there a way to stop this from happening? ;-|

It's just a buggy visual with the morph. You still gain the sorc morph.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TheUnderling wrote:
villur wrote:Three question about werewolf druid skill mechanics

1.So harbinger teleports to a minion and spawns a entity that shoots out crows which each deals 45% wdm and converts some of that to magic dmg. Shouldn't each of the crows trigger an "on striking" proc? I was jumping around with albrecht for a few levels and didn't see a single arrow proc. Maybe I was blind? Also while the teleport has the melee attack animation it doesn't actually do a "melee attack" right?

1. I'm just gonna go with you being blind. :D It should proc on striking... I asked a similar question regarding pounce, it only procs on striking.

It procs on striking with each crow. You're just almost always in melee range and moving fast, so you won't see the arrows flying across your screen.