Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
KratosTheAxeman
Pit Knight
101 | 3
I was wondering, is
Kahless
worth using? I recently got a Taha RW, and I wanted to give this one a shot for my melee-barb; since at the moment for me, Melee-barb is more suited for farming Fautzin than my Throwing spec. How does it compare to
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
?
robinro
Azure Drake
162 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Charris wrote:So I play a Strength based Melee Necromancer, If i were to add a Larzuk's Round Shot Mystic Orb to my weapon that already shows it gets the strength damage bonus, would i then get double the strength damage bonus? :)

And also I'm going to assume the Enhanced Damage Larzuk's adds wont take a weapon past the 200% maximum right?

So then if no to both, whats the best UMO for a weapon for a strength base user in terms of either damaging procs, or some kind of increased damage output.

you wont get double, you should just get more. (4/256 per Strength)% more if this wasnt changed, which is added to your total enhanced weapon damage. if this formula is correct it adds 78% with 5000 str, which is next to nothing...

and no, it wont go past 200%, the only ways you can go past 200% is through rw's and sockets.

i always go for deadly strike on wdm builds and dont bother with UMO..... i found 1 so far and dont wanna farm them
Charris
Invader
9 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
robinro wrote:
Charris wrote:So I play a Strength based Melee Necromancer, If i were to add a Larzuk's Round Shot Mystic Orb to my weapon that already shows it gets the strength damage bonus, would i then get double the strength damage bonus? :)

And also I'm going to assume the Enhanced Damage Larzuk's adds wont take a weapon past the 200% maximum right?

So then if no to both, whats the best UMO for a weapon for a strength base user in terms of either damaging procs, or some kind of increased damage output.

you wont get double, you should just get more. (4/256 per Strength)% more if this wasnt changed, which is added to your total enhanced weapon damage. if this formula is correct it adds 78% with 5000 str, which is next to nothing...

and no, it wont go past 200%, the only ways you can go past 200% is through rw's and sockets.

i always go for deadly strike on wdm builds and dont bother with UMO..... i found 1 so far and dont wanna farm them

I see, so right now my weapon has (40/256 per strength)%, and that would only add 4 more, that is rather small, there's no new UMO's that would be worth using over something like 5x deadly strike MO's?

Also i do have around 10,500 strength, so Larzuk's still wouldn't be worth it with that much?
anhlong1122
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
is it just me. or Den of evil just got hella bigger?
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
anhlong1122 wrote:is it just me. or Den of evil just got hella bigger?

No, the den grew up in median.
Dragoness
Jungle Hunter
25 | 8
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Are chaos runewords still a thing?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dragoness wrote:Are chaos runewords still a thing?

No. They were patch-specific
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
KratosTheAxeman wrote:I was wondering, is
Kahless
worth using? I recently got a Taha RW, and I wanted to give this one a shot for my melee-barb; since at the moment for me, Melee-barb is more suited for farming Fautzin than my Throwing spec. How does it compare to
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Maximum Life +5%
Requirements -33%
?
it depends on what stance you are using the most , what is your main attack , and if you are dual wielding or not .

depending on your response we will be able to judge which is better
KratosTheAxeman
Pit Knight
101 | 3
ChuckNoRis wrote:
KratosTheAxeman wrote:I was wondering, is
Kahless
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Maximum Life +5%
Requirements -33%
?
it depends on what stance you are using the most , what is your main attack , and if you are dual wielding or not .

depending on your response we will be able to judge which is better

Using Bear-Stance with an ax, Death-Gaze being my main attack-skill. Coldburst being a fallback for physical immune. Not dual-wielding, that got me annihilated early on in Destruction, got a good crafted shield that helped me immensely.
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What merc do you guys recommend for dmg?