Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Shade wrote:There doesn't seem to be an up to date guide (I read the Limpet Laser guide but most of it is a bit old I think).

It looks like the throw skills could be combined with quite a few options from other trees so... I could play around with lots of testing, but if anyone has already been down that path it would be good to get some insight on what works and what doesn't in M2017 patch. TIA

It's up to date, just do exactly as the guide says and you have all charms. I think 3 people already did that on stream this ladder. The pictures are old... just some values on the items are different, you still use exactly the same items, the same spells and play exactly the same.

Throw benefits from the ways, perfect being, QoB, doom, blink, vampiric icon, psionic scream, maybe maybe tiefling form and shadow refuge. So you put some points in either Maelstorm or Storm Crows, Perfect being, the ways and you have no points left for the rest. Min Max rules them out. Except for Shadow ref which works with 1 point, just applying the buff is horrible.
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Valinov wrote:im curious how physical/magic spell damage % interacts with skills like parasite, or with say laserblade or crucify..

It doesn't. The character sheet shows a damage increase but that is false.
Valinov
Prowler
17 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:
Valinov wrote:im curious how physical/magic spell damage % interacts with skills like parasite, or with say laserblade or crucify..

It doesn't. The character sheet shows a damage increase but that is false.

ah well that is disappointing :(
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

It doesn't because those skills aren't spells.
Shade
|
Nitz wrote:It's up to date, just do exactly as the guide says and you have all charms. I think 3 people already did that on stream this ladder. The pictures are old... just some values on the items are different, you still use exactly the same items, the same spells and play exactly the same.

Thanks for quick reply and info on throwsin.

I guess I shouldn't really have been reading the LL guide when I was thinking of making a throw assassin since LL is a caster build - but I'm now wondering how it compares to an Electrofield sin. I started following the guide for that a while back and gave up about level 40 (didn't feel very strong at that stage), but I'm now wondering if LL is stronger than EF in the end game.
Aogiri
Skeleton
2 | 0
Shade wrote:
Nitz wrote:It's up to date, just do exactly as the guide says and you have all charms. I think 3 people already did that on stream this ladder. The pictures are old... just some values on the items are different, you still use exactly the same items, the same spells and play exactly the same.

Thanks for quick reply and info on throwsin.

I guess I shouldn't really have been reading the LL guide when I was thinking of making a throw assassin since LL is a caster build - but I'm now wondering how it compares to an Electrofield sin. I started following the guide for that a while back and gave up about level 40 (didn't feel very strong at that stage), but I'm now wondering if LL is stronger than EF in the end game.

Both, ElectrofieldSentry and LimpetLaser has their pros and cons, I would say it depends on the situation for what you want to use each. In any case, Limpet is more safer and cheesy.
richhman
Vampiress
39 | 0
Would like some clarification on

Shrine Blessing

A variant of shrine crafting, this recipe allows you to impart the blessings of the shrine unto an existing sacred item. This adds the shrine modifiers to the item and subtracts 1 charge. You can only use this recipe once per item, so choose your shrine wisely.

Rare/Crafted/Honorific Sacred item + Shrine + Arcane Crystal → add shrine bonuses + Shrine (-1 charge)

This allows me to add the shrine bonus to an existing item without altering it?
Can I add a shrine bonus onto a different craft, ie. It will now have two shrine bonuses?

If so, this is just something your should do on all your crafts, yes?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
richhman wrote:Would like some clarification on

Shrine Blessing

A variant of shrine crafting, this recipe allows you to impart the blessings of the shrine unto an existing sacred item. This adds the shrine modifiers to the item and subtracts 1 charge. You can only use this recipe once per item, so choose your shrine wisely.

Rare/Crafted/Honorific Sacred item + Shrine + Arcane Crystal → add shrine bonuses + Shrine (-1 charge)

This allows me to add the shrine bonus to an existing item without altering it?
Can I add a shrine bonus onto a different craft, ie. It will now have two shrine bonuses?

If so, this is just something your should do on all your crafts, yes?

Yes, yes, and yes.
Sigurd
Invader
9 | 0
Why can't i use tantrum with paladin solar flare active? It says that only non-dragon spells are disabled, nothing about that i can use only mele skills. Flow fight works.
suntorytime
Monkey King
269 | 6
How strong is "MIRV" on
Peacebringer
or
Steel Terror
? Is it enough to 1 shot any non-magic immune monsters ?