Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
qweqwe
Cog
230 | 4
any where to find current affixes tables, and anyone knows updated shrine bonuses?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
vtx09
Invader
9 | 0
chickenfeeder wrote:so it's impossible to tank/manfight/melee him if i'm not playing a pala? 30 flat dr x 2 rings and 1 amulet = 90, seems not enough at all. I have to keep building my dmg until I can hurt him off screen or abuse trap skills?

I heard you needed 120 or 150 flat dr to tank the beam but that was one or two patches ago.
I got a lucky roll on one of my crafts that added about 40-50 flat dr but I haven't tried tanking the beam yet.
qweqwe
Cog
230 | 4

Thanks! didn't realise it was under wiki instead of items
Shade
|
I'm making a spear-zon. Hyena Strike and Great Hunt as main skills, not Pounce. So...

Is it still a good idea to use 1pt Pounce as a way to close gaps? I saw an old post in another site saying it makes the char "fragile", not sure if I can see why but I don't want to have to re-spec just for that.

Mind you - when that was written Pounce was a prerequisite, now it's at the bottom of the tree you have to make a conscious decision about putting a point in there.
Bowulk
Stone Warrior
32 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Holy Melee Pala:
Are the things coming from the sky when using Divine Judgment considered missiles like the nova on retaliate or are they considered as melee and therefore benefit from poison spell dmg other then aforementioned nova?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bowulk wrote:Holy Melee Pala:
Are the things coming from the sky when using Divine Judgment considered missiles like the nova on retaliate or are they considered as melee and therefore benefit from poison spell dmg other then aforementioned nova?

Missiles.
Bowulk
Stone Warrior
32 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
Bowulk wrote:Holy Melee Pala:

Missiles.

Ok, thanks for the information.
If I have understood the Wiki about psn dmg correctly, this means that plague doesn't profit from poison spell dmg when applied by divine judgment or retaliate, is this correct?
Is it affected by -poison resistance then?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bowulk wrote:Ok, thanks for the information.
If I have understood the Wiki about psn dmg correctly, this means that plague doesn't profit from poison spell dmg when applied by divine judgment or retaliate, is this correct?
Is it affected by -poison resistance then?

Correct. Poison spell damage won't boost the damage of those attacks' missiles. However, both the missile and melee components will get a boost from Poison pierce. +Poison skill duration also won't affect Plague duration (b/c passive Poison damage), but items with "x Poison damage over y seconds" will stack with Plague, since that flat damage is added and the duration is added, then averaged.

Edit: Clarity
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What are currently the best character builds in the latest patch? I really don't have time to play anything that isn't top tier. Just how I like to play personally.