Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
TimeGuardian
Cultist
24 | 5
Is there a way to turn a magic sacred item into a rare?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TimeGuardian wrote:Is there a way to turn a magic sacred item into a rare?

Only by making it into a white base item and then imbuing it with Charsi.

Spyro wrote:103% curse reduction doesn't grant immune to the "lower resist" curse in the destruction difficulty. Is here some penalties in destruction?

Added
-------
Never mind, reduction works well. At least, against the "doom". :)

You'll never be able to get so much that it totally makes you immune to curses (same like Poison Length Reduction). You will always be able to be cursed, but it just shortens the amount of time that the curse remains. For necromancer as an example, Nightwalker skill gives Poison Length Reduction, so I've run through poison clouds before and seen my HP almost like a strobe light between red and green flashes because of how quickly the poison goes away, then reapplies.
Bowulk
Stone Warrior
32 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Edit: Nevermind
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
Is it possible to create honorific items early on, in act 2 hatred for example? I see on documentation that in order to create honorific items you need mark of infusion, which drops in act 5 , but there is a guide on the forum that uses honorific items as early as act 2. How is it possible?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
twinking . you get infusions from shared stash / mules , found by other characters.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
arkolyno wrote:Is it possible to create honorific items early on, in act 2 hatred for example? I see on documentation that in order to create honorific items you need mark of infusion, which drops in act 5 , but there is a guide on the forum that uses honorific items as early as act 2. How is it possible?

Hatred was adjusted to be noticeably easier to allow for this honorific change, so you should be fine without them til act 5. In the event that you still feel like you need one, then you can just do as chuck stated.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
arkolyno wrote:Is it possible to create honorific items early on, in act 2 hatred for example? I see on documentation that in order to create honorific items you need mark of infusion, which drops in act 5 , but there is a guide on the forum that uses honorific items as early as act 2. How is it possible?

In the current patch the alternative to early game honorifics is now jewelwords (only put jewels in a grey socketed item), you get +5 all res/attributes per jewel inserted. I actually realized it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the docs anymore, at least I can't find it.

Skeptic_Zero wrote:Modifiers such as "Target takes additional damage of X"-

Does this trigger on every 'hit'? For instance, every instance of a skill such as stormblast or deathgaze AND the procs that these abilities generate?

Much dumber question -

Are throw abilities 100% hit or dependent on AR like melee abilities?

suchbalance wrote:Doom - working as intended with missiles.

TTAD stat on items - does not work with missles (so basically useless).

suchbalance wrote:TTAD from items = not affected by critical strike

TTAD from doom (note it's not called TTAD anymore on skill tooltip exactly for such reasons) = is affected by critical strike

Throw skills require AR, screaming eagle isn't really an attack so it doesn't count.
pantsants
Imp
4 | 0
How important is the +500 stats from signets when transitioning to lategame? Should I first trade my sigs for items via trade center, or first use sigs to get +500 stats?

Also, when guides say to farm duncraig as a midgame farming spot, do they mean terror or dest duncraig?
Ernidull
Cog
233 | 104
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I get an error every time when i am trying to upload an image for an item on auction , can someone tell me why is that happening ?
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
pantsants wrote:How important is the +500 stats from signets when transitioning to lategame? Should I first trade my sigs for items via trade center, or first use sigs to get +500 stats?

Also, when guides say to farm duncraig as a midgame farming spot, do they mean terror or dest duncraig?

You get 5 stat points per level up, and 15 from the 3 book quests. Assuming a level 120 character, that's 610 stat points. So 500 is a lot :D more when you look at all the %stats bonuses on your gear/charms. Sigs are usually not worth a lot (except very early on in the season), only traded in bulk or if someone needs a smaller amount. As for farming Destruction is the place, as you can only find sacred uniques in Destruction. Unless they specify that it's Terror ofc.