Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
dinhtung80
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Hi! :!:
I would like to build a gear for a Mercenary that can help me 1 shot Necromobs/Necrobots.
I'm playing a melee char. Should I pick Bloodmage/Abjurer or Merc act 5 barb? Which one is easier to gear? :?:
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
KhaldonB wrote:I'm Really having a hard time finding the emblems that drop from "regular monsters", I've been farming for 16 Hours (yea no life) and none dropped.
and there are 6 Different Emblems.

is it affected by MF ? is there a biased area ? i only saw 1 drop from T Cows when some dude was plvling me up.

i have recently acquired all 6 emblems on single player. your best bet is to farm heavily dense monster areas quick and easy
don't know what class you play but i farmed the last 4 emblems that i needed in cow level (other 2 i found in random places can't remember)

diety bow is not all that great in my opinion unless you play treewarden with max attack FPA
a better elemental damage bow would be
Aspect
if you have a XIS rune or pure physical version
Shattered Stone
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
I read somewhere that fauzt shrine dropping was nerfed. Not sure how true that is, but if that is the case, where does everyone go to farm shrines now? Im having a hell of a time finding them. Thanks in advance.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
viperosa wrote:
KhaldonB wrote:I'm Really having a hard time finding the emblems that drop from "regular monsters", I've been farming for 16 Hours (yea no life) and none dropped.
and there are 6 Different Emblems.

is it affected by MF ? is there a biased area ? i only saw 1 drop from T Cows when some dude was plvling me up.

i have recently acquired all 6 emblems on single player. your best bet is to farm heavily dense monster areas quick and easy
don't know what class you play but i farmed the last 4 emblems that i needed in cow level (other 2 i found in random places can't remember)

diety bow is not all that great in my opinion unless you play treewarden with max attack FPA
a better elemental damage bow would be
Aspect
if you have a XIS rune or pure physical version
Shattered Stone

@khalonb where are you farming? Tcows (especially not during pleveling since that's only like 3-4 runs to hit 120..) are not your best bet for them. I found three in an hour the other night between TA and Fauztinville in Destruction.

@viperosa
Aspect (Xis)
is extremely inferior to
Stardust

Stardust
Bows

'TahaJahQor'
Runeword Level: 100
2% Chance to cast level 52 Singularity on Kill
2% Chance to cast level 61 Meteor Shower on Kill
Adds 57-69 Damage
Adds 1-500 Fire Damage
Adds 1-500 Lightning Damage
Adds 1-500 Cold Damage
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Damage
5% Deadly Strike
(21 to 30)% to Dexterity

Shattered Stone
is extremely inferior to
Chasmstriker
Chasmstriker
Reflex Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (182 - 201) to (329 - 400)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 680
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
9% Chance to cast level 14 Shower of Rocks on Kill
13% Chance to cast level 1 Arrow on Striking
+(125 to 175) to Maximum Damage
(0 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(100 to 200) to Strength
+(100 to 200) to Dexterity
Socketed (6)
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ntf1015 wrote:I read somewhere that fauzt shrine dropping was nerfed. Not sure how true that is, but if that is the case, where does everyone go to farm shrines now? Im having a hell of a time finding them. Thanks in advance.

You might want to try D-Cows and K3K if u are not strong enough to run Fauzt.
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
@LH i guess maybe, personally i don't like things with procs if i farm heavy dense areas too many sparks and shiny things on screen
i also never liked 1-1000 damage or similar in d2, never liked lightning assassin or sorceress because of the high disparity
prefer 375 fixed elemental to that but also the 100% ias on aspect can help you reach max fpa and it's good enough to farm
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
viperosa wrote:@LH i guess maybe, personally i don't like things with procs if i farm heavy dense areas too many sparks and shiny things on screen
i also never liked 1-1000 damage or similar in d2, never liked lightning assassin or sorceress because of the high disparity
prefer 375 fixed elemental to that but also the 100% ias on aspect can help you reach max fpa and it's good enough to farm

Yea but the ele damage + %dex + the pierce are far more valuable than a static 375 ele damage, not to mention Ecstatic Frenzy makes IAS breakpoint very easy anyways, but I see what you're saying. too many procs can be messy.
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
Sup,

Started playing single player (just reasons) and for some reason the character is gone (in the char selection screen). The save files are there. Whats the issue?

I am using d2se and plugy.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Are you running everything as admin?
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
Fumbles wrote:Are you running everything as admin?

Yes.
I played this morning, everything was fine. Got back from work and avada kedavra - boom, its gone (in the char selection screen) -_-.