Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
neocrescent wrote:grrrr.... now im stuck with bad rare rings and amulets. still using rings and amulet since i started playing mxl again more than 1 week. still using it in terror.

Go farm T-K3K, T-Fauzt for rings and amulets :D
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
iamq1803 wrote:
neocrescent wrote:grrrr.... now im stuck with bad rare rings and amulets. still using rings and amulet since i started playing mxl again more than 1 week. still using it in terror.

Go farm T-K3K, T-Fauzt for rings and amulets :D

is it good? cant farm k3k in terror atm. my character is still weak, very weak to farm k3k terror. i just checked the logs and i cant understand this - rare item + rare ring + rare amulet = reroll rare item with ilvl of 1. does it mean that the result is random, can be ring or amulet? and what is this rare item at the beginning of the recipe? im confused.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
neocrescent wrote:is it good? cant farm k3k in terror atm. my character is still weak, very weak to farm k3k terror. i just checked the logs and i cant understand this - rare item + rare ring + rare amulet = reroll rare item with ilvl of 1. does it mean that the result is random, can be ring or amulet? and what is this rare item at the beginning of the recipe? im confused.

It's ZOMG Crafting recipe. The items could be rare weapon/armor... cannot be ring or amulet. This recipe reduces the ilvl of that rare item to 1 (lower the required level of the item), opening up more space for Mystic orbs.
Does summoned minions' life get recalculated and readjusted after putting on/removing +%Minion life items or using necromancer's Deathlord (-50% minion life)? Is it feasible to equip a full +% MInion life set just to summon everything with huge HP bonus, then swap to combat-oriented gear?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Somethingmancer wrote:Does summoned minions' life get recalculated and readjusted after putting on/removing +%Minion life items or using necromancer's Deathlord (-50% minion life)? Is it feasible to equip a full +% MInion life set just to summon everything with huge HP bonus, then swap to combat-oriented gear?

I don't have the skill icon in front of me, so I can't be 100% affirmative on this, but I believe the skill icon for Deathlord says "Minion HP value effectiveness is halved". If it says that, I'm under the assumption that any minion life affix you have on items or charms is halved, meaning if you have gloves that gives 20% minion hp, it would then give 10% hp in deathlord morph.

If it says "Minion HP -50%" then you just lose 50% minion hp overall. It's pretty easy to test though if you just compare the hp of a rampagor (don't use flayer since they have a max life aura) when you're in normal state and then when in deathlord morph. Then equip an item with %minion life and compare again out and in the morph.
Sorry, I probably should've been more precise with the question. What I meant to ask was whether or not the already summoned minions' hp changes or not after removing/equipping +%Minion life gear. While the minion hp can be seen changing in the skill description, there is no way (for me at least) to tell whether already existing minions's HP change.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I would assume so, since that's a very simple abuse of a morph if you can summon full strength minions with high HP, and then morph into deathlord to gain massive defense and str/dex bonuses.
Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't consider it an abuse though. Deathlord skill doesn't even have to be involved- as I mentioned, players can use full %Minion life gear set to summon, then switch to battle gear. Like %Magic find %Gold find set swaps. On the side note, is there a program (like D2stats) that let player see the actual hp of their summons? D2stats only shows the +%Minion life from items.
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Zorun Tzin Traps now casts inner fire when struck ?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Somethingmancer wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't consider it an abuse though. Deathlord skill doesn't even have to be involved- as I mentioned, players can use full %Minion life gear set to summon, then switch to battle gear. Like %Magic find %Gold find set swaps. On the side note, is there a program (like D2stats) that let player see the actual hp of their summons? D2stats only shows the +%Minion life from items.

hechtheftig wrote an excel spreadsheet somewhere with proper calculations if you just plug in the info.