Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
AzureGladiator wrote:
Ibra1 wrote:Question:

Approx Tg value of the Xis rune (Or stone, whatever it's called)? I realize it can be a bit more or less than the suggested, but I need a starting point plz.

For single-player/non-ladder, it has no real TG value. For early ladder anywhere from 50-70 TG, for late ladder 30 or less TG. It varies though, and it can always sell for more or less... This is just my best estimate.

Thanks so much! Just needed a starting point.
Traphomet
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Itayush wrote:
Traphomet wrote:Are there any archived older versions of the docs in case I wanted to go back to an older version of Median?

I've been using this for the things I couldn't find in the new doc..
http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/
hope it helps^^

Cheers man. :D
Vessalax
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Is there something wrong with the Skillplan on the forum at the moment? Or is it in the process of being updated? I can't seem to view them. Thanks
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Itayush wrote:Oh god.. I feel so dumb now...
I tried to make them from rare/unique/magical items, because I wanted the things they already have, and then add more (add the runeword in addition to it)...
I went over the docs bunch of times, but it seem like every time I missed the part that came after "Grey items only!" :D
I kinda ignored it every time because I was like "I wanna use it on good/strong items, not regular/grey items (to gain more of it)..

So now I feel a bit confused here.. Since runewords are so strong, why would you even consider using all the other items(magical, rares, uniques and so on)?

Kindly forgive my ignorance..

PS: Unrelated but, is there a way to change the colors somehow? I am blind color and I find it very hard to tell the difference between the Yellow and the Gold ingame colors..

Well, runewords may be strong, but crafted weapons can outshine roneword weapons. Rares and crafts can spawn with on striking on melee attack and on kill procs. Those are usually really helpful, depending on the proc. Plus crafted weapons have the doubled mystic orb value and can spawn with lots of +maximum damage. And you need rare items in order to craft.
Magical items are sometimes needed when you only need 1 specific affix (for example necromancer staves can spawn with up to +13 necromancer skill levels. That‘s really neat.) other than that magical items are useless.
SU items usually add something that you can‘t get from a runeword or a crafted weapon and sometimes those weapons offer the best option for a build along with XIS runewords or elemental runewords or Great Rune runewords.
Varanthan
Dark Huntress
13 | 0

Does d2stats filter out Magic Essence, am I missing something or am I just unlucky?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Magic essences are read fine.
Itayush
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
► Show Spoiler

So generally Runewords are by far better items but crafted weapons and some class-specific items.
You're saying that you need a rare weapon in order to craft a strong one, but I've seen a video of someone crafting a strong weapon with +enhanced damage + double orb effect from a regular white item (if I am not mistaken). Did he do that just for the video to not waste a rare weapon or am I missing something?

Also, what about Sorceress for example? She doesn't gain anything (if I am not mistaken) from +weapon dmg/attack rating and stuff like that.. What do you do in that situation?

Thank you for the help!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Sorcs can get lots of +skills and spell damage and -enemy resist from a crafted staff.

In previous versions it was possible to upgrade a weapon to rare. That‘s why. But that‘s not working anymore. Except with the charsi quest reward.
Itayush
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Sorcs can get lots of +skills and spell damage and -enemy resist from a crafted staff.

In previous versions it was possible to upgrade a weapon to rare. That‘s why. But that‘s not working anymore. Except with the charsi quest reward.

Got it, thanks! :)

PS: Anyone knows why I haven't found a single El rune yet(just started new char, lvl 14 atm), but I found about 10 other runes (Eld, Nef, Eth, Tir, Ith)?
Is it because I am playing with /players 8 and the monsters are too strong to drop such weak rune?
xareo2
Cultist
21 | 0
if you want el then just downlevel one of runes you already have
just put tir or nef into cube and click mix