Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
princeigor wrote:Hey guys, I'm probably just very not so bright and doing everything wrong, but here goes:

So I've got the dark portal skill on my class charm but after I kill for example Talic on Mount Arreat, I still can't activate Dark Portal even though I see the little red symbols over my head.

I'm clearly doing something incorrectly pls help

Is your character morphed, using Solar Flare (I think), or Baneblade? These things apparently lock out Dark Portal until you deactivate them (Baneblade for sure. Exactly what other skills/morphs, not so sure).
princeigor
Bone Archer
79 | 10
Solfege wrote:
princeigor wrote:Hey guys, I'm probably just very not so bright and doing everything wrong, but here goes:

So I've got the dark portal skill on my class charm but after I kill for example Talic on Mount Arreat, I still can't activate Dark Portal even though I see the little red symbols over my head.

I'm clearly doing something incorrectly pls help

Is your character morphed, using Solar Flare (I think), or Baneblade? These things apparently lock out Dark Portal until you deactivate them (Baneblade for sure. Exactly what other skills/morphs, not so sure).

Well that explains it. Thanks for the quick answer, cheers!
Bitech
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Do Barbarian Spirits and mercs benefit from Wolf Companions' Hunter's Mark?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What about
Banecat
? Could I precast baneblade with that?
nohuty
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
So i can't find "Book of summoning". So how to summon King Koth in "arreat Summit" for BRC?
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nohuty wrote:So i can't find "Book of summoning". So how to summon King Koth in "arreat Summit" for BRC?

From 1.2 changelog:

Arreat Summit: new location hosting the Assault on Mt Arreat quest. Can be accessed after killing Talic in the Arreat Summit

Dark Portal: new skill which allows you to open a quest portal upon killing certain bosses
* obtained from the Summoner on Destruction difficulty

Dark Summoning: disabled as no more quests require this mechanism

http://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/we ... oms#arreat
superwash
Prowler
18 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey guys my summons as a barbarian are not following me causing me to resummon them constantly. Why do they not folow me anymore like they use to.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
superwash wrote:Hey guys my summons as a barbarian are not following me causing me to resummon them constantly. Why do they not folow me anymore like they use to.

Spirit minions will not follow you like minions on other classes, they just seek for enemy and fighting it. To keep them near you use Blink oskill from Pax Mystica runeword or Spirit Walk skill which teleport you and spirits on target enemy.
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So I understand what it does but is there any real usefulness for Demiurge?
The active buff is really nice but only being a few seconds, I don't see the point except maybe equipping heavy gear after dying
Is the reanimate chance only during the few seconds that Demiurge is active?
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Keywing wrote:So I understand what it does but is there any real usefulness for Demiurge?
The active buff is really nice but only being a few seconds, I don't see the point except maybe equipping heavy gear after dying
Is the reanimate chance only during the few seconds that Demiurge is active?

I did some experimental builds at S14, I was trying to recreate lazydin using mark of que hegan (when it still was granting you 2nd passive damage)
I maxed demiurge just to get more HP,but you can clearly see amazons were not hitting me at all. So between 37k and 55k Hp there was not much difference. This char is still non ladder so maybe one day I would do more tests (like comparing killing speed with exact build from current ladder, etc).

The biggest problem with demiurge is that you never have any spare points and there is always more important skill to max.