Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Fyrion92
Imp
4 | 0
I have a question regarding the class charm "Caoi Dulra Fruit" of druid challenge Kurast 3000.
Already cubed the charm with a jewel to unlock the ennead skill - in Act 1 I found 5x Evil Eye of the Clawstorm and tried to cube them with the class charm as said (Cube all eyes with class charm to add bonus...) - this does not work. Is this the current recipe, was there a change in the previous versions and tooltip was not overworked yet?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Fyrion92 wrote:I have a question regarding the class charm "Caoi Dulra Fruit" of druid challenge Kurast 3000.
Already cubed the charm with a jewel to unlock the ennead skill - in Act 1 I found 5x Evil Eye of the Clawstorm and tried to cube them with the class charm as said (Cube all eyes with class charm to add bonus...) - this does not work. Is this the current recipe, was there a change in the previous versions and tooltip was not overworked yet?

The recipe hasn't changed. Each act has a monster that drops an evil eye and one of each of these eyes is needed to upgrade the charm.
http://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/tokens
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Debryx wrote:Happy new year everyone :)
I want to know when the ladder will reset. Will the new season happen in the next 2 - 3 months or far later?
I began a character 2 or 3 weeks ago but it's become non-ladder. I don't want to create another that will be out-of-ladder sooner than this one.
Thanks.

ladder has just reset like 10 days ago with the release of 1.2, with that being said ladders don't last long these days. last one was like 3 months i think?
Fyrion92
Imp
4 | 0
Fumbles wrote:
Fyrion92 wrote:I have a question regarding the class charm "Caoi Dulra Fruit" of druid challenge Kurast 3000.

The recipe hasn't changed. Each act has a monster that drops an evil eye and one of each of these eyes is needed to upgrade the charm.
http://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/tokens

Okay thanks, I thought that all Evil Eye of the Clawstorm is required - instead of 1 eye per monster. :mrgreen:
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
hey i need a farming rec.. im trying to get goetia plate and or the SU gothic one ive been doing 100+Ta reuns full clears with 600%mf anbd in that time ive gotten maybe 10 body armours and only 3 above some version of leather.. the highest was light field plate i think? and a ring and a scale mail... ive gotten tons of weapons and misc armour pieces but none of the higher body armours like full plate or anceitn or gothic etc....
i was told that while it has a drop bias for SU it tends to drop lower quality stuff so is there a place i could farm that might not have such a high SU drop rate but that is set to drop slightly higher end stuff?? someone said duncraig which keeps pwning me way to fast*im not good at barrall dodging.. but maybe a recommendation for another place to try ive got tons of greater greed potions too so i can easily turn my 580% MF into 800%+mf so not having a boosted su drop bias isnt as biog a concern as a place proen to droping higher end stuff preferably someplace wioutout a barral like single shot mech
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
bradr wrote:hey i need a farming rec.. im trying to get goetia plate and or the SU gothic one ive been doing 100+Ta reuns full clears with 600%mf anbd in that time ive gotten maybe 10 body armours and only 3 above some version of leather.. the highest was light field plate i think? and a ring and a scale mail... ive gotten tons of weapons and misc armour pieces but none of the higher body armours like full plate or anceitn or gothic etc....
i was told that while it has a drop bias for SU it tends to drop lower quality stuff so is there a place i could farm that might not have such a high SU drop rate but that is set to drop slightly higher end stuff?? someone said duncraig which keeps pwning me way to fast*im not good at barrall dodging.. but maybe a recommendation for another place to try ive got tons of greater greed potions too so i can easily turn my 580% MF into 800%+mf so not having a boosted su drop bias isnt as biog a concern as a place proen to droping higher end stuff preferably someplace wioutout a barral like single shot mech

what version are u playing, you said you use pots of greater greed that means you're not on 1.2
get 1.2 and that will help you a lot because 1.2 has reverted the sp droprate nerf. that's the first thing u should do really and the difference is huge

the difference between duncraig and other places in regards to item quality has been slimmed in 2017 patch. i think duncraig still drops higher quality items more but the difference is much smaller now (also dunc is totally not worth it to farm)

basically get 1.2 patch and keep farming TA, if you don't have any problems farming at p1, switch to p3. if it's still easy switch to p7. i farm exclusively p7 on my treewarden, got 2 ancient armors in like 6 runs so shouldn't be a problem to get a gothic plate :D

also you got the drop bias a bit mixed up, TA has unique drop bias while duncraig has sacred items drop bias. anyway TA is the only viable farm place for uniques.
Edited by Aspirine101 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Aspirine101 wrote:
bradr wrote:hey i need a farming rec.. im trying to get goetia plate and or the SU gothic one ive been doing 100+Ta reuns full clears with 600%mf anbd in that time ive gotten maybe 10 body armours and only 3 above some version of leather.. the highest was light field plate i think? and a ring and a scale mail... ive gotten tons of weapons and misc armour pieces but none of the higher body armours like full plate or anceitn or gothic etc....

what version are u playing, you said you use pots of greater greed that means you're not on 1.2
get 1.2 and that will help you a lot because 1.2 has reverted the sp droprate nerf. that's the first thing u should do really and the difference is huge

the difference between duncraig and other places in regards to item quality has been slimmed in 2017 patch. i think duncraig still drops higher quality items more but the difference is much smaller now (also dunc is totally not worth it to farm)

basically get 1.2 patch and keep farming TA, if you don't have any problems farming at p1, switch to p4. if it's still easy switch to p8. i farm exclusively p8 on my treewarden, got 2 ancient armors in like 6 runs so shouldn't be a problem to get a gothic plate :D

also you got the drop bias a bit mixed up, TA has unique drop bias while duncraig has sacred items drop bias. anyway TA is the only viable farm place for uniques.

usiong 1.1.3 and i dont use pot of greed but i have a ton ive got 580%mf so dont really need em

and i do it on p8 of course.. 1.2 changes my build in some not insignificant ways but thanks for the advice
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
bradr wrote:
Aspirine101 wrote:

basically get 1.2 patch and keep farming TA, if you don't have any problems farming at p1, switch to p4. if it's still easy switch to p8. i farm exclusively p8 on my treewarden, got 2 ancient armors in like 6 runs so shouldn't be a problem to get a gothic plate :D

usiong 1.1.3 and i dont use pot of greed but i have a ton ive got 580%mf so dont really need em

and i do it on p8 of course.. 1.2 changes my build in some not insignificant ways but thanks for the advice

1.2 and 1.1.3 difference between drop rates on SP is insane :D try it
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Aspirine101 wrote:
1.2 and 1.1.3 difference between drop rates on SP is insane :D try it

kk ill try it
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Note that only Every 2nd unpartied /player will increase Drops. So unless you want to farm exp, use either /players 3, 5 or 7.

Source: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player_Settings