Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
How can I defeat the Butcher? I fought him for the first time and I was just attacking for 20 minutes. He doesn't lose any life and is immune to everything. I need to complete the Black Road challenge. I finally got to level 91 in Act 4 Terror. But I read a thread saying the Butcher was in Tristriam (burning house) and finally found him. Impossible for me to kill as a rat druid though.

I finally figured it out and killed Butcher after so long.
The swirl was around me but did knot know what to do and lost it.

So frustrating. I guess i missed my chance at whatever it was I needed to do.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
DreamTeam wrote:How can I defeat the Butcher? I fought him for the first time and I was just attacking for 20 minutes. He doesn't lose any life and is immune to everything. I need to complete the Black Road challenge. I finally got to level 91 in Act 4 Terror. But I read a thread saying the Butcher was in Tristriam (burning house) and finally found him. Impossible for me to kill as a rat druid though.

Why don't you consult the Documentation? It's all written there
lptboss
Fallen
1 | 0
want to try this mod and i need to know if it work with the patch 1.14d
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Again, I have read all the documents. I still have trouble and need help.
The Butcher one seems outdated but I tried my best to follow it.
Thankfully somebody helped me in the game. I appreciate the help!
nohuty
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
in Halls of Vaught (nihatlak temple) there are monsters that spawn a lot of yellow "things" that attack you...
wtf is this skill and who char has it ? :D
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
DreamTeam wrote:Again, I have read all the documents. I still have trouble and need help.
The Butcher one seems outdated but I tried my best to follow it.
Thankfully somebody helped me in the game. I appreciate the help!

Docs say:

The Butcher is the ultimate melee fighter. His tainted cleaver hits hard and if he catches you, you are dead meat. His flabs of fat negate a large percentage of your attacks, which would be a problem if he wasn't invulnerable to mortal weapons and spells in the first place. Like a Hellcat playing with a mouse, the Butcher may reveal his one weakness if you can take enough pain to convince him you are no threat... let him hit you and there is a chance (20% on attack) a glowing bright red pentagram will appear. Lure him on it to kill him.

Overcome your fear of demons by tackling the Butcher in Terror difficulty. Go to The Butcher's Lair to find him, then kill him. Cube the charm while the red swirls are on your character.

Not outdated and all the info you need. Except maybe - he does not need to hit you specially he just needs to hit anything.

nohuty wrote:in Halls of Vaught (nihatlak temple) there are monsters that spawn a lot of yellow "things" that attack you...
wtf is this skill and who char has it ? :D

Amazon fairy ring?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
lptboss wrote:want to try this mod and i need to know if it work with the patch 1.14d

Not directly, u will have to downgrade to 1.13c to play median. U can see easy steps of how to do it in https://tsw.median-xl.com/join.

Additionally, u can use our launcher to set this mod up super fast.
Download : https://get.median-xl.com/launcher
Feedback, Bugs and Discussion : https://goo.gl/cr6LCv
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Vessalax
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Have the resurrects on the items been changed or is it an error of some sort? I looked at the documentation and the bow that summoned all 3 Priestesses now summons 2 and Horazon's Familiar. Other items have similar changes.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Vessalax wrote:Have the resurrects on the items been changed or is it an error of some sort? I looked at the documentation and the bow that summoned all 3 Priestesses now summons 2 and Horazon's Familiar. Other items have similar changes.

Bug in the documentation, already reported.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
DreamTeam wrote:How can I defeat the Butcher? I fought him for the first time and I was just attacking for 20 minutes. He doesn't lose any life and is immune to everything. I need to complete the Black Road challenge. I finally got to level 91 in Act 4 Terror. But I read a thread saying the Butcher was in Tristriam (burning house) and finally found him. Impossible for me to kill as a rat druid though.

Just cause the Other response was just a quote of the documents, that you said you didnt understand.
The butcher is completely immune unless on his pentagram on the floor, and he hits hard whilst youre waiting. Get a monster summon ready if you have one granted by an item or skill, and summon them one at a time and let him hit them. There is a 20% chance that a red pentagram will appear on the floor when he attacks. Lure him on to it and then hit him hard and fast. Repeat until dead.
When you see swirls, cube your class charm in he cube (only your charm, no jewel or anything) and it will come back saying "trial of _____ completed", and a scroll will show up in the cube explaining the next of the 5 challenges.
The other option is to let him hit you once, then run away and heal, and repeat that process until the penta shows up, just can be more annoying if you arent tanky and able to take one or two hits.
Also, dont worry that you missed it, the BRC can be done in as many attempts as you need, it is not a level capped challenge or anything, so just keep going till you get it.
Hope that answered your question, or made a little more sense.
Add me on the game and i will show you if youre still confused. Acc is madgod.