Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gahagafaga wrote:If you happen to know, does immunity in XL work the same way as vanilla D2? Eg. He has 131% lightning pierce and from memory lightning immune mobs have 110% lightning res, is he breaking that + dealing 21% more lightning damage or do LI packs in XL apply the 20% effectiveness formula to -%Lightning Res from gear as well?

He doesn't break the immunity. You can't break it with pierce on gear (think cold mastery clod or entropy MXL it never broke any immunity) but an aura/spell/curse (conviction+the necro curse in clod could do it). Most normal mobs have 35% lightning res so -135 = max damage.

A spell that breaks immunities should just have 1/5th or so of the effectiveness so if you had a spell that reduces enemy res by 100 it would break the immunity but only lower it by 20 or so. After that pierce works with 100% effectiveness.

Prime_Evil wrote:IIRC the only skill that breaks resistance immunities in the game is Mythal, and Bane breaks physical immunities.

Phase bomb too. And doom breaks magic immunity.
Edited by Nitz 5 years.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Pierce does not break immunities. If you or merc have 131% light pierce that means that the lightning damage you do will overwrite the resistances the monsters has to it, in this case 131%, but if the monster is innately immune to lightning it doesnt break it to full effectiveness.

IIRC the only skill that breaks resistance immunities in the game is Mythal, and Bane breaks physical immunities.

edit: Nitz ninja.
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Cheers guys, is it possible to get mythal as a non-druid and not in CTC form? I don't need it but my merc is basically my MFer so I'd like for him to be able to get most of the killing blows if possible
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gahagafaga wrote:Cheers guys, is it possible to get mythal as a non-druid and not in CTC form? I don't need it but my merc is basically my MFer so I'd like for him to be able to get most of the killing blows if possible

Go to TA there he can kill all but 1 enemy, great drops too. In Dunc he can kill 83% of all enemies. If his singularity kills some of them then he can kill even more.

A necro can easily get mythal with some runeword and I think there is a pala and zon set that have it. In the end I wouldn't stress this that much.
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gahagafaga wrote:
Nitz wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:Gave a google and search but I can't find the FCR breakpoints for Abjurer (A3 Merc), obviously different abilities have different ones but does anyone know the cap? Is it still 138?

194 fcr for 5 frame. (for Superbeast). Put nihnihnihnihnih and more nih in his items :)
I had a barb who relied on merc. Supernova was nerfed back than , still he is op. Need a lot of shrines tho if you craft for him.
(I had
Blade of the Jitan
Wizard's Path
and kur shield for elemental totem)
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Nitz wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:Cheers guys, is it possible to get mythal as a non-druid and not in CTC form? I don't need it but my merc is basically my MFer so I'd like for him to be able to get most of the killing blows if possible

Go to TA there he can kill all but 1 enemy, great drops too. In Dunc he can kill 83% of all enemies. If his singularity kills some of them then he can kill even more.

A necro can easily get mythal with some runeword and I think there is a pala and zon set that have it. In the end I wouldn't stress this that much.

Yeah TA is where I currently farm (pretty much did 120-121 there) but Dun is honestly just annoying for my particular setup, there's just too much stuff on the screen and I can't see the barrels being tossed so I basically just have to blink every couple of seconds to hope I don't die and the density of TA just feels like I get way more SU's/Sets from it. I have a 120 sorc on standby atm that I'm crafting jewels for / farming gear to be my dun farmer. Bit off topic but you wouldn't happen to know a great fautz farming build that's not a druid at all?

Cheers for all your help man
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Kylrath wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:
Nitz wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:Gave a google and search but I can't find the FCR breakpoints for Abjurer (A3 Merc), obviously different abilities have different ones but does anyone know the cap? Is it still 138?

194 fcr for 5 frame. (for Superbeast). Put nihnihnihnihnih and more nih in his items :)
I had a barb who relied on merc. Supernova was nerfed back than , still he is op. Need a lot of shrines tho if you craft for him.
(I had
Blade of the Jitan
Wizard's Path
and kur shield for elemental totem)

Thanks,ended up using the calc, he already has 200 FCR from just the crafted jewels so that worked out nicely, yeah his gear is all ornate crafted with crafted jewels in every slot, 261% lightning damage, 201 FCR, 131% lightning pierce, 284% MF, 16% energy bonus, +130 flat energy, +523 energy factor +9 all skills, honestly he feels more geared than my sorc sometimes
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Gahagafaga wrote:Bit off topic but you wouldn't happen to know a great fautz farming build that's not a druid at all?

Iron spiral , Unholy melee paladin , throw assa with the new poison cloud, Melee necro with parasite, throw barb, Doable with poison sorc but need merc and decent gear, Javazon with javelin nova proc (
Danmaku
Danmaku
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: (2657 - 3003) to (2861 - 3234)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 349
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 15 Javelin Nova on Kill
15% Chance to cast level 5 Javelin on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 45 Fire Bolt Nova on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Attack Speed
25% Block Speed
Adds 15-25 Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
Socketed (4)
).
ChingeR
Rust Claw
82 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Erlikhan wrote:
ChingeR wrote:equipment with avoid damage, and block chance

I play with treewarden build so block chance isn't suited for me. :(

krys wrote:keep moving and have reanimates

ok thanks :)

I got a treewarden aswell with dex build atm as its not very strong for the moment being...

55% avoid and 55% block with decent killspeed at both TA and duncraig. Also 440mf. No sigs have been eaten either so u should be able to beat those stats of mine np
Massive
Cultist
20 | 0
hey guys, need your help about exp elixir.
tried to create it (perf emerald+town port scroll) but nothing happened... any help ????