Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Keywing wrote:So I had a question about Wolfsangel, the Sha'ad runeword for 2H barbarian axes.
So it says 4% bonus for each rune
When I put it on I only get a defense increase of about 10k even though it's my only item that isn't filled with runes.
4% per rune is equivalent to like a level 8 Runemaster isn't it?
Why am I only getting 10k increase even though I've got more than a dozen runes in my gear?

Does it mean it's 4% for each rune in that weapon? Because that'd be some dumb crap seeing as it's impossible to get more than 1 rune into that weapon.

After equipping the axe, did you try re-equipping your other gear?
Keywing
Monkey King
254 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Fumbles wrote:
Keywing wrote:So I had a question about Wolfsangel, the Sha'ad runeword for 2H barbarian axes.
When I put it on I only get a defense increase of about 10k even though it's my only item that isn't filled with runes.
4% per rune is equivalent to like a level 8 Runemaster isn't it?
Why am I only getting 10k increase even though I've got more than a dozen runes in my gear?

Does it mean it's 4% for each rune in that weapon? Because that'd be some dumb crap seeing as it's impossible to get more than 1 rune into that weapon.

After equipping the axe, did you try re-equipping your other gear?

I did yeah.
It changes slightly but it is so no more than 11k increase

It is worth noting that after using D2stats, my TCD is the same with the axe as it is without it.
Does that effect simply not work as intended?
That would be hella irritating, I spend 3 days buying gear for this build lmao
tlpc1
Sasquatch
60 | 0
What would be the modifiers, jewel affixes, MO's, runes/runewords etc. best suited for a caster-type like the Act III mercenaries?

Thanks.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tlpc1 wrote:What would be the modifiers, jewel affixes, MO's, runes/runewords etc. best suited for a caster-type like the Act III mercenaries?

Jewel (Zod crafted): 2% bonus to energy, 4% [elemental] spell damage (Abjurer = light, blood=fire, necrolyte=don't pick this idiot), faster cast rate, magic find
Mo: 1% [elemental] spell damage, faster cast rate (on weapon), %enhanced defense (not TCD), Magic find
Items: Mostly ornate shrine crafted+blessed for abjurer and fascinating shrine for bloodmage

The jewels are hard to craft - put 6 pdiamonds in the weapon and MO it with FCR. Ptopaz for 5% bonus to energy (you don't need more than 35% in total) and ort or ral runes for elemental spell damage until you have better jewels. If you think the killspeed is fine you can also do Tir crafted jewels for more MF (20 per jewel is max)

Here are the fastercast rate breakpoints:
FCR Frames per cast
8 16
15 15
26 14
39 13
58 12
86 11
138 10
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Ok, I want to do the butcher uber quest.
I need a book of summoning, but I have killed the summoner in Terror difficulty many times, but he hasn't dropped it.
Do I need to be in Destruction difficulty? Or is it a chance to drop? Or is there another way?
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Butcher is under tristram and doesn't need summoning. You should recheck the quests page in docs or read patch notes since you last played.

Dark portal is gained from dest summoner.

What are you comparing the defense to? Unarmed defense or socketed weapon with runes? If it's the former I'd make a bug report. The latter is pretty obvious.
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
How do I get to under Tristram though? I searched all over Tristram, and there's nothing.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
There's a trap door by the walls with the fire.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
I promise i will stop smoking and quit drinking if someone write full nagisin guide (:
(maybe i should do it myself) (:
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
is there any claw can outshine
Hail

Hail
Assassin Claws

'MalBer'
Runeword Level: 78
7% Chance to cast level 29 Shower of Rocks on Kill
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels