Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
Afzofa wrote:
Stereox wrote:
Afzofa wrote:
holydiver wrote:What's the best paladin build right now for beginner?

IMHO, unholy caster paladin is the easiest paladin to play, and melee holy is the hardest.

Two patch ago this statement is reversed

how so? I looked at the patch logs, but only 1.3 and 1.2 are available. 1.1 and 1.0 give 404 not found messages.
https://www.median-xl.com/changelog used this page's links to access the patch notes
EDIT: nvm they worked

AoE nerf

Divine judgment nerf
SA rework
Dragonform nerf
also Rapture nerf
Foroy
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hello everyone !
1.Can you give me some tips for ring and amu crafting, or point me where to read about it.
2.Does the minigame are still in the game? I just got the scroll for the Countess 30 sec game but I read somewhere that the minigame was remove.
3. Does d2stat said what procs can be activate and which not, i was wandering how you guys know that stuff.
4.Does the stat of the runeword upgrade with the tier ?

Thaks and have a great one
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Foroy wrote:Hello everyone !
1.Can you give me some tips for ring and amu crafting, or point me where to read about it.
2.Does the minigame are still in the game? I just got the scroll for the Countess 30 sec game but I read somewhere that the minigame was remove.
3. Does d2stat said what procs can be activate and which not, i was wandering how you guys know that stuff.
4.Does the stat of the runeword upgrade with the tier ?

Thaks and have a great one

1. It's not possible to craft rings and amus. You could reroll rares in the past, but not anymore. Only recipe I could think of would be to create a "tiered unique" ring/amu with the unique creation recipe: 2 arcane crystals + oil of enhancement + item.
2. Nope, minigames are removed. Scrolls only drop for the 3 level-restricted challenges and Black Road Challenge now. If you're still getting the scroll for Countess minigame, you are not on the latest version.
3. IIRC there are 4 types of procs: "On attack" procs work only on the melee weapon swing, "on striking" whenever a wdm projectile hits, "on kill" activates when you kill an enemy with weapon damage or poison damage spells, and then there is "when your enemy is slain" procs which work as long as you are close to a dying enemy (not sure how far)
4. Runeword stats don't upgrade with item tier, but the damage/defense is increased because higher tier items have higher base stats.
Foroy
Destroyer
6 | 0
HohoHaha wrote:
1. It's not possible to craft rings and amus. You could reroll rares in the past, but not anymore. Only recipe I could think of would be to create a "tiered unique" ring/amu with the unique creation recipe: 2 arcane crystals + oil of enhancement + item.
2. Nope, minigames are removed. Scrolls only drop for the 3 level-restricted challenges and Black Road Challenge now. If you're still getting the scroll for Countess minigame, you are not on the latest version.
3. IIRC there are 4 types of procs: "On attack" procs work only on the melee weapon swing, "on striking" whenever a wdm projectile hits, "on kill" activates when you kill an enemy with weapon damage or poison damage spells, and then there is "when your enemy is slain" procs which work as long as you are close to a dying enemy (not sure how far)
4. Runeword stats don't upgrade with item tier, but the damage/defense is increased because higher tier items have higher base stats.

About the latest version, if I can play online (sin war) shouldn't that mean that I got the latest one ?

I re-rolled unique quiver about 5-6 times and always got Locust hive, is that because its the only one that we can get or is just because its super rare to get the other one ?
Hiehvorak
Pit Knight
100 | 6
Foroy wrote:I re-rolled unique quiver about 5-6 times and always got Locust hive, is that because its the only one that we can get or is just because its super rare to get the other one ?

That more like a bad luck I guess, if you have lots of spare AC you can just try to make it using the cube recipe to get the other, but it didn't always guarantee you will get what you want. Also only the tiered unique one that comes from that recipe, the sacred one will not spawn from that recipe.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques
Foroy
Destroyer
6 | 0
Alright then, I'll give it a good try, about 20 times, and come back with some result!
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Foroy wrote:Alright then, I'll give it a good try, about 20 times, and come back with some result!

Also dont reroll same quiver, cube failed unique quivers with Catalyst of Learning to get Signets of Learning.
NikafieNd
Abomination
152 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Afzofa wrote:
Bardamu wrote:Best use for auhe and krys rune for a poison/cold hybrid caster-summon sorc?

socket them on throwing weapons to make money fast or make runewords off of them. You can downgrade runes if u didn't know.

Try not to answer questions and spread bad info if you have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks.
Afzofa
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Where can I find lamen of the Archbishop and Quov Tsin's Talisman?
LG_Blitz
Bone Archer
70 | 5
Afzofa wrote:Where can I find lamen of the Archbishop and Quov Tsin's Talisman?

It's totally random, try Fauntz for Quov and Lamen