Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
643 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

what is the point of this dagger?

too low dmg for melee farming and caster farmrs have better options.... ???
JonSoon
Fallen
1 | 0
Havent played XL in a long time. For trading of items, does the seller send a naked char file with the item over to the buyer? I.e based on trust that seller will do the same with the offer.
blancostarz
Skeleton
2 | 0
So, I'd like to clarify one of the rules. I have been using 1.14d by mistake since I had not read that 1.13c is recommended and didn't bother with pluggY as it is not supported by 1.14. I play multiplayer so I'm surprise I can even play.
Can I install and try to use pluggY online? It says servers don't support it but Id be willing to test and see if it actually works. It this allowed? I wish to follow the rules and do not want to do something that the admins judge ban able or inappropriate by server rules.

Also, any reason to downgrade from 1.14d to 1.13c? Will it change anything for me?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
blancostarz wrote:So, I'd like to clarify one of the rules. I have been using 1.14d by mistake since I had not read that 1.13c is recommended and didn't bother with pluggY as it is not supported by 1.14. I play multiplayer so I'm surprise I can even play.
Can I install and try to use pluggY online? It says servers don't support it but Id be willing to test and see if it actually works. It this allowed? I wish to follow the rules and do not want to do something that the admins judge ban able or inappropriate by server rules.

Also, any reason to downgrade from 1.14d to 1.13c? Will it change anything for me?

There is nothing to test, it doesn't work online, don't even bother. Were you able to play MP with 1.14d, or just SP?
blancostarz
Skeleton
2 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:There is nothing to test, it doesn't work online, don't even bother. Were you able to play MP with 1.14d, or just SP?

Well i thought so but I also thought there was a chance it would like the different chest file of the characters in the account making it possible without actual support for it. Worth asking.
Also, I did install 1.14d and then median. Not that I pay attention to it, it says 1.13, without a letter next to it, in the menu. Maybe it rolled back my version? Ill do some tests with that, I'm curious. I play multiplayer on the server.
skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
Hi all, I got a multilogging warning while muling to a seperate account. Two instances of diablo open on one computer. Ive been muling for a while and this is the first error. The only difference is that in this session I tried equipping a complete barb set (can this trigger a warning?)

Steps were as follows
-create a game with one account
-drop items from first account in town
-pick up items from drops from second account OR
-rejoin with another char from first account
-leave game from both accounts

In all cases, I stay in town with both chars, dont kill anything. I have a screenshot of me in the game with the multilogging warning. IS there some place to properly report this?

I just want to make sure Im not doing anything wrong!
mensamque
Invader
8 | 0
Hi.

1. How do i calculate barbarians Windform breakpoints? I wanna use TU Great Sword (docs say its 15 speed) and it have native 40% IAS. So guess i calculate it somehow like -15 + 40 = 25 (need 32??) so i need somehow to get 7 more IAS on weapon? Is it correct?
2. Can Crushing Blow and Deadly Strike both occur on same hit?
3. Where do i find tables of breakpoints for median?

Thanks in advance.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
speedcalc tool
mensamque
Invader
8 | 0
Aero wrote:speedcalc tool

its not working on my win10
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mensamque wrote:its not working on my win10

Did you install Java Runtime Environment? Its necessary for the speed calc to work.