Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
dongpickle
Stygian Watcher
40 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hello! "Barb summon set has 4% chance to cast level 23 gift of the wild on kill" stat

does this proc with your minion killing minions/ merc?

Oh and also... Can someone tell me why people are buy ethereal items? Like let say a rare eth item with 1 socket... How can you make use of that?
Edited by dongpickle 5 years.
sqoshu
Destroyer
7 | 0
I wanted to make a throw-barb choosing to use Stampede as my main-clearing skill and probably Bear Claw as boss-killing one. I am at normal Act5 atm, but I have horrible Attack Rating problems - I am around 65% to hit chance and a lot of the axes just seem to miss. I tried to use "Prodigy" belt, but even 100% increase doesn't help. Should I put points into dex?
Also, are mana problems normal when starting the game? I throw a few skills and I just can't sustain, even if I drink potions like crazy.
Ikafati
Vampiress
35 | 0
Could someone list locations for monsters that drop monster tokens? Thanks
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
There’s an SU that adds lightning spell dmg% based on lighting resist (1% lightning spell damage per 16%resist).

How does this work? Is it net light resist or gross?

I.E: if you have 160 lightning resist from items, but net 60 because of hell’s -100. Do you end up with +10% spell damage or 3-4?
Drizak
Dark Huntress
13 | 13
Taking the nilathak waypoint removes the harrogath portal?
I know that happens in vanilla, but has been changed in sigma?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
robizeratul wrote:Is divine judgement, the paladin skill, any good for a melle attack bassed build? or waht should I use instead?

Yes. Divine Judgment is typically the Holy Melee Paladin's bread and butter.

dongpickle wrote:hello! "Barb summon set has 4% chance to cast level 23 gift of the wild on kill" stat

does this proc with your minion killing minions/ merc?

Oh and also... Can someone tell me why people are buy ethereal items? Like let say a rare eth item with 1 socket... How can you make use of that?

No. Ctc mods on gear only proc when the character wearing said gear gets the kill.

Ethereal items are generally prized for their higher ED values. In the past, most ppl have used them for Xis RWs (with an Indestructible jewel), so not sure if a 1 socket eth item is all that valuable, aside from giving it to your merc.

Ikafati wrote:Could someone list locations for monsters that drop monster tokens? Thanks

Clawstorm Terror = Act 1 Monastery Jail
Fairy Witch = Act 2 Canyon of the Magi
Glowing Blob = Act 3 Durance areas (maybe Travincal, too)
Landmass = Act 4 River of Flame (maybe Lost City, too)
Bane Hunter = Act 5 Worldstone Keep

Enigma wrote:There’s an SU that adds lightning spell dmg% based on lighting resist (1% lightning spell damage per 16%resist).

How does this work? Is it net light resist or gross?

I.E: if you have 160 lightning resist from items, but net 60 because of hell’s -100. Do you end up with +10% spell damage or 3-4?

My guess would be gross Lightning res. Maybe D2Stats can give a more accurate answer.

Drizak wrote:Taking the nilathak waypoint removes the harrogath portal?
I know that happens in vanilla, but has been changed in sigma?

No. If the portal is closed, talk to Anya and it will reopen.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
What Str value of the merc is used to calculate the EF Bonus from Heroic Strength? I tested a bit with d2stats but the actual EF value shown by d2stats could neither be calculated from base nor from total strength.
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
what and where in the world is the infernal contraption ? The guide for the level challenge only says you have to kill it but doesn't say a clue to it's location.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
arkolyno wrote:what and where in the world is the infernal contraption ? The guide for the level challenge only says you have to kill it but doesn't say a clue to it's location.

Baal throne room, is the turret he summons as last enemy wave before going into the worldstone room
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
cheers ty