Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
While shrine crafting:
1-Does each possible affix group have the same chance to spawn?
2-Dees each possible affix in a group have the same chance to spawn?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Eadan wrote:While shrine crafting:

The main purpose of affix group is to prevent an item to spawn with more than one affix from the same group, e.g. rare item can get up to 3 prefixes and up to 3 suffixes, although every affix should have a different group. Affix frequency, on the other hand, is used to control mode rarity, some affixes are more rare than the others. Keep in mind there is also an effective level range for each affix, this factor limits affix pool depending on item quality level and item level, you can read about it there https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes .
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
SwineFlu wrote:

The main purpose of affix group is to prevent an item to spawn with more than one affix from the same group, e.g. rare item can get up to 3 prefixes and up to 3 suffixes, although every affix should have a different group. Affix frequency, on the other hand, is used to control mode rarity, some affixes are more rare than the others. Keep in mind there is also an effective level range for each affix, this factor limits affix pool depending on item quality level and item level, you can read about it there https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes .

Shrine crafting does not take up a prefix or suffix correct ? Its just a rare item with added bonus ?
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
Ethario wrote:
SwineFlu wrote:

Shrine crafting does not take up a prefix or suffix correct ? Its just a rare item with added bonus ?

No shrine bonues are added to the affixes and you can ''double it'' with the affixes e.g. abandonned gives %dex but you can also roll %dex.
Shrine crafting require a rare item but there aren't really the same, you create crafted gear while rare can only be dropped. A rare drop will never be as good as a crafted item (and plz don't give me the ring/amulet/quiver exemple, you can't craft them).
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ethario wrote:Shrine crafting does not take up a prefix or suffix correct ? Its just a rare item with added bonus ?

There is no special rule for the shrine crafting, sure it gives you some fixed modes in addition to the random ones depending on the shrine type (e.g. abandoned shrine +%dex and +dex, etc.), but other than that every affix is being determined with the rule set which I roughly described above.

SirJean wrote:A rare drop will never be as good as a crafted item (and plz don't give me the ring/amulet/quiver exemple, you can't craft them).

And that's where you're wrong, you can get up to 6 affixes on a rare item and only 4 on a crafted one (excluding fixed bonuses, though some of them are quite underwhelming). There is no more double MO bonus for a crafted items as well. Don't forget you can apply shrine blessing on a rare items as well. Sure, you'd need to find such a godly item since you can't roll it, although that doesn't make some hypothetical rare item worse than a craft.
Naysmith
Destroyer
6 | 1
Do I understand correctly, that for jewelcrafting stats on and rarity of initial jewels I use for crafts doesn't matter, since the jewel is going to be rerolled on the first craft attempt anyway? So, in short - if I want to craft ZoD rune jewels, should I just pick any ilvl99 jewel, or should I look for specific ones?

SOLVED: Turns out, any high enough ilvl jewel will work.
jaeaxe420
Jungle Hunter
29 | 3
Is there a way to restore corrupted chars in SP?

I was playing the game when suddenly there was a power interruption for 20 seconds. When I turned on the game my char wasn't there on the select screen anymore. But when I checked the save folder, the save files were still there.

Any help would be appreciated guys thanks!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
jaeaxe420 wrote:Is there a way to restore corrupted chars in SP?

I was playing the game when suddenly there was a power interruption for 20 seconds. When I turned on the game my char wasn't there on the select screen anymore. But when I checked the save folder, the save files were still there.

Any help would be appreciated guys thanks!

If anyone could help you with your problem it would be kambala, try to PM him.
jaeaxe420
Jungle Hunter
29 | 3
I'll look into it. Thanks
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
Hey....Would a Bowazon be viable in this version of sigma? Like with propper time investment and gear, be able to do all content eventually?