Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
jacksj1
Vampiress
36 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does the Askari Scroll for Twin Seas drop off one of the Princesses that drop the three Sunstones or a different NPC ?
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hmm, regarding the tos. It seems you're allowed 2 accounts at once (namely to transfer and mule), but just being in game with my mule gives me the warning. Since i rushed my mule through to hell so i can just join a game i'm currently mfing to quickly transfer over, instead of needing a normal game.

So i guess the question is, is rushing your own character not allowed? or having your mule in a game that you're currently farming?
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cyborgtemplar wrote:hmm, regarding the tos. It seems you're allowed 2 accounts at once (namely to transfer and mule), but just being in game with my mule gives me the warning. Since i rushed my mule through to hell so i can just join a game i'm currently mfing to quickly transfer over, instead of needing a normal game.

So i guess the question is, is rushing your own character not allowed? or having your mule in a game that you're currently farming?

rushing is not allowed, you should not leave town while muling
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jaedong wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:hmm, regarding the tos. It seems you're allowed 2 accounts at once (namely to transfer and mule), but just being in game with my mule gives me the warning. Since i rushed my mule through to hell so i can just join a game i'm currently mfing to quickly transfer over, instead of needing a normal game.

rushing is not allowed, you should not leave town while muling

curious why it's not allowed, other players can rush you anyway so it's not a big deal. just saves time having to find someone. kind of sounds like just another addition to slow people down i guess. #fundetected > #funremoved

edit: which part of the tos does it have it stated? as usual i didn't really read it. kind of curious what the mindset behind not rushing your own characters was outside another addition that does the above. . . .
Edited by cyborgtemplar 5 years.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
jacksj1 wrote:Does the Askari Scroll for Twin Seas drop off one of the Princesses that drop the three Sunstones or a different NPC ?

it drops off of any of the 3 that drop the stones at roughly a 10% chance. but prepare to die a lot when doing athulua herself lol, i did my first time through at least. had to set up a portal nearby and just zombie her to death over many deaths lol.
Lucargene
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hi. I just recently completely and utterly lost my single player necro character. Was 120 too :evil:

Ive tried system restore and previous versions restores all to no avail. This happened after a random error similar to the one u get when u install the mod the first time sometimes (not the case here). This was fixed by a simple reboot but now hes gone. Funny thing is that I still have all my other characters

Any solution?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Lucargene wrote:Hi. I just recently completely and utterly lost my single player necro character. Was 120 too :evil:

Ive tried system restore and previous versions restores all to no avail. This happened after a random error similar to the one u get when u install the mod the first time sometimes (not the case here). This was fixed by a simple reboot but now hes gone. Funny thing is that I still have all my other characters

Any solution?
there are a few (free) software kits available on the internet that can recover lost/deleted files even if you have formated your hard drive . do a search
Lucargene
Destroyer
6 | 0
Alright ill try it tonight and see what I can find. Thnx. Still find it kinda strange tho...
Rysmurph
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Just did Teganze for the first time, full clear. Got no essences or runestones; nothing. Questions:
-Are these drops tied to an event? Kill boss, hold certain item, etc.?
-Does mf help increase drop rate?
-Is this a particularly unlucky run or is this just how it goes..?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Rysmurph wrote:Just did Teganze for the first time, full clear. Got no essences or runestones; nothing. Questions:
-Are these drops tied to an event? Kill boss, hold certain item, etc.?
-Does mf help increase drop rate?
-Is this a particularly unlucky run or is this just how it goes..?

1) no
2) no
3) this is just extremely unlucky. I usually get 2 runestones and 2 essences per run.

Maybe you just didn't see it due to their color. They have the same color as gems. It'd be best to use D2stats for the drop notifier